Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man it is a wonder it stayed together that well, you must have been running it right instead of like me a 640 at 1600 means 2000 to me and when something goes wrong it really does blow up.

I need to get rid of both bush hogs I have, I have kept them up but they are about 30 years old, have been built a bunch of times and the skids have been worn off, new metal and 1 inch thick skids put on them 3 or four times each.

Either one of them throws a blade it will go through a car.

Man it is a wonder it stayed together that well, you must have been running it right instead of like me a 640 at 1600 means 2000 to me and when something goes wrong it really does blow up.

I need to get rid of both bush hogs I have, I have kept them up but they are about 30 years old, have been built a bunch of times and the skids have been worn off, new metal and 1 inch thick skids put on them 3 or four times each.

Either one of them throws a blade it will go through a car.

I was at the same place in '21. Both bush hogs were old, one almost 50yrs. I bought a new king kutter that fall. They are made just up the road.

A feature i really like is the arch top. It's arched back to front and side to side about 1.5 inches. Debris slid off, rain doesn't stand on it so i don't have to find a spot under a shed. The top is the first thing to rust out on most bush hogs from water standing on it. Shed space is always at a premium here so that's a big plus!!

The 3 point hitch is a floating system, has a few extra pivot points. Allows it to follow the contour of the land a little. It can dip and get weeds in a small gully or low spot in a field.

I brought it home and cut 40 acres over the next month. It got a work out (i did too 🤕). It still cuts like a dream, used it last week in fact. It's 5', lift, great for cleaning around barns, sheds, fence lines.

IMG_3536sm.JPG

It's a little dusty now, got some paint knocked off... still glad i got it.

IMG_3551sm.JPG

Last edited:
Just came in from working in my small shop.
When I work I usually have a a video or DVD playing in the background to distract one channel of my active brain....Now they call it ADD or whatever but I have always been this way.
Anyway after watching Intersteller I found a VHS of the first "Red Dawn" . The one where a very young patrick swasey leads a rebel band against invading russians/cubans/etc.
I have watched this show several times in the past but this time I happened to catch the part where they talked about how the invasion happened.....The special forces came in on comercial flights and the ground troops came across our southern border. A few strategic nukes here and there but to keep from harming the resources the fighting was mostly conventional.
Does this mimic what could be happening right now...

Latest posts

Back