frozen

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever tried a pellet stove? I was considering getting one because you don't need to vent them.

I have not, sorry.

One current and expanding in the future problem is more and more wood stoves are illegal to use.

One current and expanding in the future problem is more and more wood stoves are illegal to use.
I've heard of that in many areas. I think that any new wood stove manufactured and sold today must meet some EPA bullsht guidelines. Depending on where one lives, any wood stove can be used. Years ago I made several wood stoves, and people loved them. I think the problem today with using a non EPA wood stove is getting insurance on your house.

I "Think" Fairbanks, Alaska has regulations on woodstove usage.

Have you ever tried a pellet stove? I was considering getting one because you don't need to vent them.
you still need to vent them, but not like a wood stove, but they need outside energy to operate.

you still need to vent them, but not like a wood stove, but they need outside energy to operate.
And pellets. I looked into it for the cabin but nixed it because you can only burn pellets and if they are made unobtainable then what? The hopper required electricity to operate and a power outage would render it unusable.

We don’t have any regulations on wood stoves here in NJ that I’m aware of outside of the EPA requirements on new stoves. In Dad’s house we have a Vermont Casting Intrepid in the living room. It’s about 30 years old and has the catalyst for smoke particulates. I love it. It has a top load feature that is also a griddle for cooking, although I never used it that way. I’m hoping to get a Vermont Castings one installed up at the cabin.

Any combustion device requires ventilation. A pellet stove is usually vented through the wall and not the roof. A fan forces the combustion air in and exhaust air out through the wall, this requires electricity. I have read about a system that feeds the pellets by using a hand wound spring. I have not been able to find this system for sale so electricity for the pellet feeder also. You will need a source of pellets which is a problem if trucking is limited.

We have two wood stoves here, one in the house and one in my fur shed. Both have flat tops for cooking, which we use a lot in the winter. Also have a wood stove for the wall tent.
We have a lifetime supply of firewood on our property, which I cut very little on. For 98% of our firewood I go on NF land and cut all I need. I've got several gates to access the National Forest.

This is for those that prepare . Winter is approaching , the presidential election is approaching , wars are escalating , so for those that face such things , know there is a reasonable possibility the electrical grid will be targeted and destroyed for the approaching cold months and possibly the " approaching years " will be gridles . So what have you done to prevent your family and self from freezing over the coming months ?
Wonder where all these ILLEGAL immigrants are going when it starts snowing!!!

I've heard that some local governments are trying to get real citizens to open their doors. They say that lot of people have more rooms than they need. I wonder how many illegals that obumer is letting squat in his mansions, or Biden or Harris. Biden has plenty of homes available.

I've heard that some local governments are trying to get real citizens to open their doors. They say that lot of people have more rooms than they need. I wonder how many illegals that obumer is letting squat in his mansions, or Biden or Harris. Biden has plenty of homes available.
Be a COLD day in HELL when they come in MY house!

And pellets. I looked into it for the cabin but nixed it because you can only burn pellets and if they are made unobtainable then what? The hopper required electricity to operate and a power outage would render it unusable.

We don’t have any regulations on wood stoves here in NJ that I’m aware of outside of the EPA requirements on new stoves. In Dad’s house we have a Vermont Casting Intrepid in the living room. It’s about 30 years old and has the catalyst for smoke particulates. I love it. It has a top load feature that is also a griddle for cooking, although I never used it that way. I’m hoping to get a Vermont Castings one installed up at the cabin.
That's exactly why I would never want a pellet stove

I have two wood stoves, a wood lot & a DW.
I think I will make it.
Wife saw this post & ask if I thought she should split the wood?
Being a very smart husband, I said, No you will keep me warm after the fire dies down!

I suggest Camp Carroll, Alaska. It is a mostly unused National Guard base that is part of Ft. Richardson near Fairbanks. It has chain link fences, bunk houses, mess halls, training rooms that could be used for court rooms, and ready access to military air bases. A few gun towers and electronic surveillance might be needed. You should station federal judges there and house any aliens waiting for court dates. Anyone desiring to return to their home could sign voluntary deportation papers. Along around January it will hit -60℉.

Reported " originally through a Wal-Mart truck driver " . Wal-Mart warehouse distribution centers are " now " being run on big diesel generators ". This is not just one ,,but multiple warehouses doing this . What would be the reason for this ? Do they know something the sheeple do not ? If any want ,, a information link can be provided .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back