How Long until Christmas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are people who shop year round for Christmas gifts. One of my clients does. When I was exchanging gifts with the larger family, I Christmas shopped year round, always on the look out for what might be a decent gift for someone.

My wife shops year round for Christmas. She has a great eye for finding tthings people will like, and finding those things on sale. She has gotten some very nice gifts and saved a bunch of money.

My wife shops year round for Christmas. She has a great eye for finding tthings people will like, and finding those things on sale. She has gotten some very nice gifts and saved a bunch of money.
I wish I was better. My siblings and I used to exchange gifts amongst us and our children. When you don't live close to people, you don't always know what to get them. But we quit doing that a couple decades ago, after our children grew up and left home. We've lost many people and I mostly gift my daughter for Christmas. When I buy her any gift, I let her order it or buy it and then I reimburse her, because otherwise, she is not fully happy and it is a waste. I do give gift bags to my clients that always includes dog or cat treats, some kind of toy, dog waste bags, chocolate, something homemade such as cookies or banana bread. That is easy. My clients have been really good to me.

Sounds like LadyLocust better get on the ball with my Christmas presents!! 😉🤣
Last year you got the pink crocheted toilet seat cover. I have an idea in mind for you this year but I need to ponder on it for a bit. You girly girls with your bikinis 👙 and fancy schmancy equines are a tough crowd.

Last year you got the pink crocheted toilet seat cover. I have an idea in mind for you this year but I need to ponder on it for a bit. You girly girls with your bikinis 👙 and fancy schmancy equines are a tough crowd.
I'm getting a bikini made out of a real toilet seat cover!! I see right through you!! And Buddy is getting a present too!! 😉😃

gonna be 38 degrees tonight.

thats what accuweather says. ive leanred to deduct 4-5 degress from whatever accuweather says for night time temps r my little area.
christmas must be around the corner

guess its time to call the guy to come sweep my wood stove chimney and start getting ready

Dont do xmas anymore. Kids dont come visit. Dont see grandkids. Have no idea what grandkids like. Ill send cash in a card. Same as I do for Birthdays. But this will be the last year if i get no response that they got the money and thanks. Last year one 12yr grandchilds parent sent an email that they got the card. No thanks just we got the card. So im kinda done.

Dont do xmas anymore. Kids dont come visit. Dont see grandkids. Have no idea what grandkids like. Ill send cash in a card. Same as I do for Birthdays. But this will be the last year if i get no response that they got the money and thanks. Last year one 12yr grandchilds parent sent an email that they got the card. No thanks just we got the card. So im kinda done.
Not good at all. But I'll bet they will be waiting for their inheritance!

sad when that happens. send a card with no money--keep the door open but dont have to be taken for granted.and stick that money amount in a coffee can in your kitchne, that is yourofficial donation can. . if someone ever comes back and mentions this time you didnt send a gift just tell them, gee--im sorry but since you never mentioned it or thanked me i figured you didnt want it so i dontated it.

people who dont bother to say thank you for a gift apparently dont need what they just got..

If those were my descendants, I would leave it all to some cause I believed in and left them just enough to keep the civil suits at bay.
Me, too. This is not an uncommon story though, on Reddit. People have zero interest in old parents or grandparents, and when the one who has been there gets everything, the rest are incensed.

Tradition.
Everybody I know gets the White Christmas song from me.

Just happened to remember that this thread was where I used to drop it also.

Hope it ain't too early for you real Christmas lubbers.

Jim
You can grant our Christmas wishes and visit us more!!😉

Back