In Memory of our Friends who are No Longer With Us

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Pearl posted that it has been a year since we heard from Tank Girl. Lets write about our former beloved members. I know there are some who have just disappeared, and we know nothing about whether they are still alive or not, and we can write about them in the thread "Concern about missing members," but for those that we know are deceased, lets write our memories or thoughts about them here.

Who are we talking about? I know that I am not going to be able to pull up all the names, but I know there are more. Please add the names that I am not able to pull up.

Machinist
Grizzlyette Adams
Curmudgeon

Pearl posted that it has been a year since we heard from Tank Girl. Lets write about our former beloved members. I know there are some who have just disappeared, and we know nothing about whether they are still alive or not, and we can write about them in the thread "Concern about missing members," but for those that we know are deceased, lets write our memories or thoughts about them here.

Who are we talking about? I know that I am not going to be able to pull up all the names, but I know there are more. Please add the names that I am not able to pull up.

Machinist
Grizzlyette Adams
Curmudgeon
@SheepDog

These folks died?
Not to "US".

Sometimes their death is confirmed, sometimes we know they are very sick, yet they are still posting very prolifically........then suddenly nothing. So, it can be our best assumption. Remember in some cases we have known these people for twelve or fifteen years. In some cases, we knew them daily on multiple forums, then suddenly they are gone from all those forums, starting the same day.

from a different site but hihobaron was a card on the prior prepper site that Amish, Ned and I were on... I wonder how his troops are.. :)

There is the administrator who was on this site when I started here, always big into how many days till Christmas. I remember he was moving and got a little dog that was a hoot, I hope he is well.

VenomJockey
VenomJockey had a cousin, who also died, that was a member. They had a great BOL that you could only get to by chopper. Brain fart, I just can’t remember his user name at this moment.

VenomJockey had a cousin, who also died, that was a member. They had a great BOL that you could only get to by chopper. Brain fart, I just can’t remember his user name at this moment.
I didn't realize that he had a cousin who was active here, or about his BOL. How very interesting. Perhaps it was on a mountain top or a rocky cliff.

I’ve been on forums that had a very real community feel. They were among my favorite sites, and there were times when a person’s passing was deeply felt with sorrow. Often there were threads dedicated to the person. Those threads have brought tears.

I know this site is the same, and is a large reason why this in now my home and my favorite site.

I didn't know any of these people, but I am sorry for those of you who feel their loss. I have never been on a forum like this one. Forums are usually cold and impersonal, focusing on a very specific topic. I can see how long term friendships are developed here.
Like you have been open about your social interactions others have shared their battle with cancer. These and other threads tend to bring this group together a bit closer than most. Thank you for trusting us.

I didn't know any of these people, but I am sorry for those of you who feel their loss. I have never been on a forum like this one. Forums are usually cold and impersonal, focusing on a very specific topic. I can see how long term friendships are developed here.
This place is more like family in many cases. A lot of folks seem to feel that way. Lots of good discussion and learning topics, but lots of good folks too.

Some of us came from another forum and have "known" each other for more than a decade. Some of us have met each other in person.

Grizzlyette was active, not just here, but on several forums. She hasn't been seen anywhere since the pandemic. She was a wealth of knowledge. It seems that no one knew her given name.

My question to everyone: How will we know when you are gone?
I could haunt you :devil: (kidding 😉)

I have met & or spoken to several members here on the forum. We are actually humans and though some don't always agree, there are some who become friends so yep, we care.

Grizzlyette was active, not just here, but on several forums. She hasn't been seen anywhere since the pandemic. ...It seems that no one knew her given name.

So.. a) We're just 'extrapolating' here, in posturing that she Might be 'Gone'.... Right?? :oops:

I've gotten it from someone Else who also got fairly close (via PM-discussions to her) that for 'OpSec' reasons, she'd just sort of Chose to 'withdraw' out of the online-world as much as possible, but... Now this has me uncertain again.. 😟

..and b) I actually Did get to at least know her First name when we had extended PM-discussions based in her asking Me for some 'guidance' / help in getting back into 'Graphic Design' professionally (something I've made a Living at / been involved with one way or another since ~1989 or so..) but.. We were comm'ing along just fine.. And then she just 'eVanished'.. 🤔

So, yah - Anyone with any 'positive Knowledge of her Status' (Alive, at least?) that'd be Welcome news to me.. Certainly understand / can respect her wanting to 'eDisappear'.. wish we could All do that, at-will... But alas, the 'Internet is Forever'...

Well, sort of... (SOMEday, it will no longer exist... at least in its current form, etc..) But I digress.. ;)

jd

Well, scheiße... Just happened upon this 'Intro thread' of hers, over 'yonder', and, well... "In Memory" sure doesn't bode well (as-to My question, above..) https://www.survivalistboards.com/t...-thing.830666/?post_id=17337098#post-17337098 :oops:

If she's Actually Gone.. I will, for one, be Truly Sad. 😞 She seemed - by Anyone's measure - to be a Wonderful Woman, and Person. 😢

Conversely, I'd totally Rally, though, to find out she'd only 'simulated her death' to 'eVanish' - That'd be Awesome to hear (though, sukky that whatever was 'menacing her', made her feel the Need to take such an 'extreme measure'..)

Either way.. Lady Grizz.. We Miss Ya. 👊

jd

Last edited:
Last post ever made by grizzgal was jan-7-2022. She was very very sick at the time she made it. I just refuse to say she is gone but rather dream she is on a river bank busting out a coal with a bow-drill to build a fire to cook over practicing primitive skills.

Also because of her past...if you know you know and i wont go into it...she may have had to go silent. I have known her since 2007 or longer.I have pages and pages of PM's from her from all the conversations we shared.

Latest posts

Back