Jakes CJ7 build

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emergency brake is cleaned up and painted. It’s so much better than the new Chinese pos that I ordered.

IMG_0413.jpeg
IMG_0427.jpeg

When you get it all spruced up, com'on over. Hubby's still having alternator issues with his. It's currently dead - again. It's a new one so I think the next step is all new wiring 😣 I feel like it's like the Princess Bride line - "It's not all dead. It's just mostly dead." 😂

When you get it all spruced up, com'on over. Hubby's still having alternator issues with his. It's currently dead - again. It's a new one so I think the next step is all new wiring 😣 I feel like it's like the Princess Bride line - "It's not all dead. It's just mostly dead." 😂
That re wiring is a hell of a job! We went with a Painless harness and it was anything but painless!

Maybe 25 years ago when I got divorced from my first wife, I had an old Warn winch that I loved. Like most things In my life at that time it got sold. At that time I had just went completely through the winch and rehabbed it completely. That old winch had been on my mind lately and in my opinion the Warn 8274 is one of the best winches ever made. I called the gentleman that bought it from me at the time last night and he told me his dad still had it and it didn’t work anymore and they were willing to take $250 for it. Being it was sentimental and one of the best Warn winches ever made I had to have it for Jakes Jeep I went and got it this morning. They said it didn’t work anymore and was laying outside by their shop. I eagerly paid too much for it just to get it back, the new 8274 winches sell close to the $3000 range. If I can get it working easily we would have a great period correct for Jakes Jeep and I rushed to get it this morning.

IMG_0615.jpeg

It seems I move so much slower these days! Transmission transfer case are in skid plate installed new power steering pump and brackets in. I had a hell of time finding the correct brackets. Drive shafts and exhaust bolted up, complete new clutch linkage installed and ready for a drive tomorrow. I expected to have it painted by now but that didn’t happen. I have to say though it has came along way.

IMG_0843.png
IMG_0845.png
IMG_0846.png

It seems I move so much slower these days! Transmission transfer case are in skid plate installed new power steering pump and brackets in. I had a hell of time finding the correct brackets. Drive shafts and exhaust bolted up, complete new clutch linkage installed and ready for a drive tomorrow. I expected to have it painted by now but that didn’t happen. I have to say though it has came along way.

View attachment 117919View attachment 117920View attachment 117921
Take a lot of pictures ahead of time. It will not be that clean for very long.

Ben

Take a lot of pictures ahead of time. It will not be that clean for very long.

Ben
You might be right but then again most of the time this kid reminds me exactly of my dad. He’s like living with a 75 year old Viet Nam vet. He takes pretty good care of his belongings. I would have been beating the hell out of it the first day I had it, something tells me this kid will take care of it. Time will tell.

Maybe 25 years ago when I got divorced from my first wife, I had an old Warn winch that I loved. Like most things In my life at that time it got sold. At that time I had just went completely through the winch and rehabbed it completely. That old winch had been on my mind lately and in my opinion the Warn 8274 is one of the best winches ever made. I called the gentleman that bought it from me at the time last night and he told me his dad still had it and it didn’t work anymore and they were willing to take $250 for it. Being it was sentimental and one of the best Warn winches ever made I had to have it for Jakes Jeep I went and got it this morning. They said it didn’t work anymore and was laying outside by their shop. I eagerly paid too much for it just to get it back, the new 8274 winches sell close to the $3000 range. If I can get it working easily we would have a great period correct for Jakes Jeep and I rushed to get it this morning.

View attachment 116690
It looks like the one my dad had on his Bronco! If you intend to use side rollers, get some made of steel, the aluminum ones are trash, also, don't use E-clips on the pins, they break too easily, Have them threaded with a 1/8th" of space, put tractor bolt washers on them, then have the threads and nuts drilled for cotter pins. In addition, an extra deep cycle battery wired specifically for the wench is a must! Nothing is worse than snaking logs all day, then turning the key to hear kkkkkkkklikkkk.

Where's the shower curtain? you need a clear shower curtain over the open back part in case of rain and your groceries are back there. you need 3 bolts that match the grommets on the curtain welded on, washers and wing nuts.

That kid is going to be a man among men one of these days! He's got Alpha all over him!

Where's the shower curtain? you need a clear shower curtain over the open back part in case of rain and your groceries are back there. you need 3 bolts that match the grommets on the curtain welded on, washers and wing nuts.

That kid is going to be a man among men one of these days! He's got Alpha all over him!

I figure the weather will force him to put the hard top on in a few days. 😉

I figure the weather will force him to put the hard top on in a few days. 😉
Make sure you have several sticks of pipe insulation to plug the wind leaks! LOL

The young man will have his pick of women...hes a good looking kid,new vintage jeep,home waiting on him,cattle baron in the making,good looking and successful parents and they grow best pot in county ! and all 3 of you are go getters in life ! top shelf family i tell ya !

The young man will have his pick of women...hes a good looking kid,new vintage jeep,home waiting on him,cattle baron in the making,good looking and successful parents and they grow best pot in county ! and all 3 of you are go getters in life ! top shelf family i tell ya !

He’s not in the popular crowd, says he practices being a gray man at school! He has a nice little hard working girlfriend. The boy is quite a bit more mature than the rest of the crowd. I’m so happy he’s not following in my high school footsteps.

Latest posts

Back