Looting

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All looters should be shot on sight.

We have already become a society that will not protect its citizens, and therefore the citizens are left to protect themselves.

These prosecutors and judges are equally as bad as the actual criminals themselves.
Common sense went out the window. Look what's happening in the UK - the police aren't worried about crime, they're worried about what people post online. We are truly in a dystopian nightmare. I read that "political correctness" was invented in Nazi Germany. I just wish that we could turn the clock back 50 years.

I always worried about being overtaken in a parking lot too.
Have you ever considered carrying a firearm? The anti's will shame you and say, "You're just trying to initiate trouble!" But my personal experience, from my own life and that of about every friend I know (most all go armed), is that when you are armed you are much more aware of your surroundings and do much more to avoid getting into potentially dangerous situations than your unarmed brethren. But the anti's will try to shame you anyway. Because they are ignorant and stupid. If your choice is to go unarmed, that's perfectly OK. But don't do it because some idiot libtard told you to. Training, practice, and learning the law is required.

Memorize the way the key goes into the lock, try it w/o looking at it, get used to doing it when it is pitch black until You can do it closed eyed...!!! Put that key on a special fob, chain or something that again, You know it front, back, upwards and downwards til You can do it w/o Thinking about it...!! Maybee even put it on a chain with a small light for when it is dark...! Try it and do it until You can pick it up and make it work without seeing it... Those Precious Seconds could Make it a Difference...!!!
That's really wise. Thank you!

I think that could apply to many things. I watched videos of people getting robbed at gas stations. Instead of reading or looking at my phone, I now started watching the area and if anyone was lurking about or approaching my husband. it's probably a good idea to use that tip with reacting to any attempt to rob you.

I've watched safety videos over the years but the preparation mindset will really come in handy as the country breaks down.

Have you ever considered carrying a firearm? The anti's will shame you and say, "You're just trying to initiate trouble!" But my personal experience, from my own life and that of about every friend I know (most all go armed), is that when you are armed you are much more aware of your surroundings and do much more to avoid getting into potentially dangerous situations than your unarmed brethren. But the anti's will try to shame you anyway. Because they are ignorant and stupid. If your choice is to go unarmed, that's perfectly OK. But don't do it because some idiot libtard told you to. Training, practice, and learning the law is required.
I am older but have never owned a firearm so they seem somehow foreign to me. I hope to change that. As the country grew worse however, I told my husband that we needed protection. He bought a gun for himself and for me. When we go out he is armed. I have not taken the classes yet so I was waiting to get through a few medical procedures and then I was going to take a firearm course. However, if he has to go anywhere I keep a gun right beside me. I was going to look for an online firearms course also.

Sadly, many Dateline episodes show young women who could have been saved, if they had known how to use a gun.

I have always heard bad things about HOA's but maybe there are some good things about them too.

You sound like someone in our family. She was driving and a dingbat on her cellphone ran into her. She was going to pick up a wood stove, and was luckily in a heavy truck. However, the woman did a lot of damage that the family member had to go on to get fixed. She also got whiplash and a concussion and it damaged her hearing. Someone else's foolish choices are hard to bear when you are left fixing the fallout.
If you find a good thing about HOAs please let me know... ;) Our place is only on 2/3 acre, desert landscaping, and our walls/gates are only 6' (HOA rules). It's just your typical nice AZ snowbird neighborhood. So it's not like a real fortress. And I wouldn't want to stand out anyway. But my goal is to be a "harder" target than the weekend folks down the street with their boat parked ready to steal on a trailer beside the house, no walls or gates... or lights. And to show how safe, it's been like that for years. They come out about once a month, and nobody's ever bothered their place.

As for guns and security, I encourage you to become comfortable and proficient with a firearm. I just went to a new gun store that opened recently. They have a simulator room with guns that use lasers on a big wall size 4K screen. They can show regular targets or complicated scenarios like tracking an active shooter. If there's anything like that in your area you may find it helpful. (He said $50 a half hour, but considering ammo savings not so expensive.)

How I think my house looks...
01-neuschwanstein-castle-bavaria-NEUSCHWANSTEIN0417-273a040698f24fc1ac22e717bb3f1f0c.jpg

Reality...
istockphoto-538509975-612x612.jpg

If you find a good thing about HOAs please let me know... ;) Our place is only on 2/3 acre, desert landscaping, and our walls/gates are only 6' (HOA rules). It's just your typical nice AZ snowbird neighborhood. So it's not like a real fortress. And I wouldn't want to stand out anyway. But my goal is to be a "harder" target than the weekend folks down the street with their boat parked ready to steal on a trailer beside the house, no walls or gates... or lights. And to show how safe, it's been like that for years. They come out about once a month, and nobody's ever bothered their place.

As for guns and security, I encourage you to become comfortable and proficient with a firearm. I just went to a new gun store that opened recently. They have a simulator room with guns that use lasers on a big wall size 4K screen. They can show regular targets or complicated scenarios like tracking an active shooter. If there's anything like that in your area you may find it helpful. (He said $50 a half hour, but considering ammo savings not so expensive.)

How I think my house looks...
View attachment 164676

Reality...
View attachment 164677
Yeah I read that usually people with certain personalities like getting into positions of power such as HOA's. I'm independent and would not like anyone to tell me what color my house should be or if my grass was 1/2" too high. There's a guy in Florida who the township is trying to steal his house because his grass grew too high.

The blue sky in that castle photo are beautiful. I haven't seen blue skies that beautiful in years.

I am older but have never owned a firearm so they seem somehow foreign to me. I hope to change that. As the country grew worse however, I told my husband that we needed protection. He bought a gun for himself and for me. When we go out he is armed. I have not taken the classes yet so I was waiting to get through a few medical procedures and then I was going to take a firearm course. However, if he has to go anywhere I keep a gun right beside me. I was going to look for an online firearms course also.

Sadly, many Dateline episodes show young women who could have been saved, if they had known how to use a gun.
Most gun ranges offer beginner gun handling classes. Many offer classes designed for women. Go buy yourself a few hundred rounds of practice ammo and a hundred rounds of carry ammo. You’ll need a concealment holster. After you get comfortable shooting take a concealed carry class. This class will test your shooting skills but this class is not really about sooting as much as it is about gun safety and gun laws.

Don't forget open-carry...
Legal in almost every state.
When BG's see you are 'strapped', they assume you are LE and go elsewhere. :thumbs:
Deterrent:
apparently-its-easy-to-open-carry-compared-to-concealed-v0-eee5thq7355d1.jpg

If you find yourself in a state colored red or yellow, then do the permit-dance.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
When BG's see you are 'strapped', they assume you are LE and go elsewhere. :thumbs:
Deterrent:
View attachment 164687

If you find yourself in a state colored red or yellow, then do the permit-dance.:rolleyes:
Be careful. A state like New Mexico is open carry. But you will have the police called on you if you do.

Deterrent:
View attachment 164687

Or move to a state where you are free to carry however you see fit. No stupid permit required in my state.

Most gun ranges offer beginner gun handling classes. Many offer classes designed for women. Go buy yourself a few hundred rounds of practice ammo and a hundred rounds of carry ammo. You’ll need a concealment holster. After you get comfortable shooting take a concealed carry class. This class will test your shooting skills but this class is not really about sooting as much as it is about gun safety and g gun laws.
I'll look for beginner classes, thank you. I try to watch Active Self Protection once in awhile just to grasp different scenarios that people find themselves in. I just watched one where a guy pulled a gun on the owner behind a counter at a store and the owner was as quick as lightning and pulled a gun back on the would-be-robber. The owner kept shooting and missing the thief which rather shocked me. But the owner's quick-acting response may have saved his life because the thief ran out of the store.

The thing that I have always been wary about is what would you do if it was a gang who assailed you? Look at what's happening with the Venezuelan gangs in CO - they know how to wield power in groups. I read one news story where a guy in Florida got up in the middle of the night to find three thugs in his house. He had one of those guns that shoots multiple times and he killed one guy and the others fled. It seems as if sometimes extra power is needed. I fear middle of the night attacks because you're so vulnerable.

Common sense went out the window. Look what's happening in the UK - the police aren't worried about crime, they're worried about what people post online. We are truly in a dystopian nightmare. I read that "political correctness" was invented in Nazi Germany. I just wish that we could turn the clock back 50 years.
it isnt quite that bad yet, most crime is confined to London and the Northern cities, out here in the shires its still positively peaceful.
the online stuff is mostly Facebook and X, neither of which I participate on.

The thing that I have always been wary about is what would you do if it was a gang who assailed you?

That would be a question to ask when you take a class, and certainly a consideration on what gun to buy, and what gun to carry. You would want something, probably a semiautomatic, that holds a higher number of rounds. It is a very serious decision. Think it through carefully.

Back