Man arrested after he’s accused of killing 81 animals in 3-hour span

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_marsh

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
This is going to make @Ekatarina very unhappy. Not the arrest part, the evil part.

Man arrested after he’s accused of killing 81 animals in 3-hour span, California deputies say​

A man was arrested after he was accused of “randomly shooting” and killing 81 animals in a three-hour span, California deputies say.

September 06, 2024 Daniella Segura - The Charlotte Observer

A man was arrested after he was accused of “randomly shooting” and killing 81 animals in a three-hour span, California deputies say.
Multiple 911 calls about shots being fired came into the Monterey County Sheriff’s Office at about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3, deputies said in a Facebook post.

When deputies arrived and they heard “shots continuing to be fired,” prompting them to issue a shelter in place for the surrounding area, the sheriff’s office said.

As the area “was extremely dark and covered in thick vegetation,” deputies said it was hard to discern where the shooter was located.
Using a drone, authorities spotted a suspect and crashed vehicle in a vineyard, deputies said.
Members of the sheriff’s office S.W.A.T. team approached the suspect, identified as Vicente Joseph Arroyo, 39, and took him into custody, deputies said.

Arroyo lived on the property where “the animals were kept in a variety of cages and enclosures,” Cmdr. Andres Rosas, a sheriff’s office spokesperson, told The Los Angeles Times.

Deputies searched the area and found that Arroyo had killed 81 animals, “including miniature horses, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks and other types of birds,” the sheriff’s office said.

Deputies said they recovered multiple guns on scene, “along with numerous loaded and empty magazines.”
Arroyo was booked into jail on a slew of charges, including willful discharge of a firearm with gross negligence, cruelty to animals, illegal possession of assault weapon, and criminal threats, according to deputies.

His bail was set at $50,000 but then raised to $1,000,000 after deputies searched his home, the sheriff’s office said in a Sept. 4 Facebook post.
While serving a search warrant at Arroyo’s home, deputies found seven more firearms and ammunition, the sheriff’s office said.
In total, the sheriff’s office said it seized 15 firearms and ammunition totaling “near or above 2,000 rounds.”

“I am confident that we have prevented another tragedy from happening in the future,” Sheriff Tina Nieto said of the weapon and ammo seizure, according to the post.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...imals-in-3-hour-span-california-deputies-say/

Let's guess what happens with this one..

He will be arranged in about 2 weeks where he will be givin/assigned public lawyer
If he doesn't speak English, is illegal he will be givin a translator or a public attorney that speaks Spanish.

...who will probably ask for a bail reduction

If he has little or no criminal record , defense attorney might will try n say he isn't a flight risk and try to get bail reduced so he can be released into the custody of relatives..

And depending on how much public attention this gets, how affluent the area this was perped in, how full the jail is, if the prosecution side thinks they even have a case worth prosecuting ..they may object to a bail reduction, flight risk..blah blah..

He will probably sit in county jail for awhile tho, eventually plea not guilty at arraignment and probably eventually get a bail reduction but if not the case will get strung along a bit to let time pass for the public to forget this psycho and eventually the prosecution will likely..depending on the strength of the case, victim credibility n all that..offer a plea deal. Drop a few charges to some bull$hit misdemeanors charges and homeboy will walk free in a few months with time served...

But before tie him naked on a chair I would love to play with him a little
before to tie him somewhere else

1725648523163.png

Too many questions on this.
Obviously not hunting....shooting caged animals? Even guinea pigs? What the heck?
And of course, Monterrey county in California...15 firearms and 2000 rounds probably means he's a serial killer. I won't even comment about that.
The guy sounds pretty mental.

But before tie him naked on a chair I would love to play with him a little
before to tie him somewhere else

View attachment 161522
I wonder what it looks like to put someone in a decompression chamber ..bring them down a few atmospheres for awhile..then rapid decompress the chamber...

Stuff like this comes to my mind too ..

But then I think in the long run what kinda images will haunt me for the long run if I'm allowed to feed my dark side..

I don't want dark karma following my soul around.. too much anyways.. so maybe just toss folks like this in a car crusher n walk away..run a firehose over it later n call it good.

☠️

15 firearms😱 2,000 runds😱!!! They’ll try to turn this into something. This is why I never put things on my gun like a deaths head or a muzzle inscribed, “Smile Wait for the Flash”. They will use anything against you. The number of guns he owns has nothing to do with any other crime. There is more to the story. Financial problems? Foreclosure? Family illness? Killing animals on a ranch isn’t illegal. Cops aren’t in the fair or unfair business they are in the legal and illegal business. I need to hear more information, and not just the prosecutors side.

They're just freaked out because he was shooting a gun for three hours
Starting around midnight, I’d guess. That would keep the neighbors awake.

He evidently lived on the property. Were they his animals? It makes a difference. There was a wrecked car, reportedly. DUI? Too many unanswered questions.

I need to hear more details. Were they HIS animals? He may have mental health issues to have that many critters.

I have told my husband in a SHTF scenario, I would shoot my animals before I let them starve...

Not saying he didnt have other choices, but we may see more of this in this economy.

Imo

"Arroyo lived on the property where “the animals were kept in a variety of cages and enclosures,” Cmdr. Andres Rosas, a sheriff’s office spokesperson, told The Los Angeles Times."

From the Op...

Those Executed Critters couldn't Save Themselves or Escape, Cold Blooded MURDER...!!!

Every article, that I looked at, claimed that he went around randomly killing animals. This guy did not wander around the neighborhood killing some animals and leaving others alone. He went home and started killing animals, nothing random about it.

A million dollars bail for killing animals? Even at 81 counts are talking misdemeanor. The 8th Amendment to the Constitution says, "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.[3]”. IF found guilty we are talking less than a year, and since they were all at the same time the sentences should be concurrent. What we are looking at is pre judicial punishment. You’d think this guy was Trump.

I know that many here think that anything involving animals is a capital crime, but it isn’t. In CA the mere ownership of a firearm is a criminal offence and “Shall not be infringed”, doesn’t seem to matter. CA has turned a misdemeanor into a civil rights case.

and just to be non-emotional about definitions,
Murder is the killing of a human being by another human being.

These animals were killed, for whatever reason, but it wasn't "murder."

Having read some articles now, it sounds crazy. Why were all these animals on this "small lot"? Why would a young man target the animals? I'm sure there is probably some "neighborly" dispute and Mr Cray Cray took it to the Nth degree. For the love of God, most of those animals could have been put down with a .22, why the heck is he using a semi-auto weapon? People are nuts.

I obviously still have a lot of questions... and a few opinions. lol

"Ghost Guns"
"Felon in possession of firearms" (hence the bail enhancement)
"Illegal possession of "assault" weapon"
"Criminal Threats"

He sounds like a fun dude.. There may be some people thankful to be alive this morning.

and just to be non-emotional about definitions,
Murder is the killing of a human being by another human being.

These animals were killed, for whatever reason, but it wasn't "murder."
Did those Critters stop Breathing by Themselves or did something Take Their Lives, Stop Their Breathing and Lose Their Blood Flowing thru Their Bodies... They were Just Killed...?!? Hope You never have the Displeasure of finding any of Your 4 legged friends Killed...!

Did those Critters stop Breathing by Themselves or did something Take Their Lives, Stop Their Breathing and Lose Their Blood Flowing thru Their Bodies... They were Just Killed...?!? Hope You never have the Displeasure of finding any of Your 4 legged friends Killed...!
I never said it wasn't horrible. I never said they were "just" killed. But it doesn't meet the definition of murder. I follow alot of horrific crimes involving humans, children and animals. I would kill someone trying to hurt one of my animals. I lost a horse in July. I am not taking pleasure in this. You don't need to direct your anger at me.

Is an admin. suggesting murder or am I misreading this post. I guess our leaders know the forum guidelines better than I.
I read it as an observation.

Sure it was likely based on information and wouldn’t be said about Mother Mary…. but it was not a suggestion.

Implying the comment was a call to action is a huge misconception.

I do not know, killing animals is worse than unborn humans in California.

Did those "Animals" have Feelings...?!? Did They breathe, did They Cry, did They Laugh and Speak to Animals with Sound, could they sense Madness and Happiness...?!? Now Most Important, Did those Critters, err, "Animals" asked to be Killed, to ask to have Their Lives End Voluntarily or They Lost Their Life Source because They Hurt Someone who said, I'm gonna kill those little critters for No Reason...?!? (81 animals, “including miniature horses, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks and other types of birds,”)

Did those "Animals" have Feelings...?!? Did They breathe, did They Cry, did They Laugh and Speak to Animals with Sound, could they sense Madness and Happiness...?!? Now Most Important, Did those Critters, err, "Animals" asked to be Killed, to ask to have Their Lives End Voluntarily or They Lost Their Life Source because They Hurt Someone who said, I'm gonna kill those little critters for No Reason...?!? (81 animals, “including miniature horses, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks and other types of birds,”)
They all have feelings
I know so.
My dog have feelings
My cats have feelings
My horses /mares had feelings

I understand what your saying and I think texascharm does too..
Even if they turn out to be his critters , this isn't how critters should be disposed of ..
If it's a case where he was overwhelmed and needed to unload ..at the very lst be humane ..one lead in the head n be quick...
This was not the case..sounds like the guy went postal n the critters suffered..not ok.

I think we all agree on that.

If he was a felon..or illegal it makes it worse but points out the black market is alive n well in strict cali. Or ...if he is an American citizen...having all those kind of guns AND utilizing them to inhumanely dispatch these critters...just makes it harder for responsible owners and citizens to justify any 2a arguments ..
The guy is a douch...either way..n should join the rhelm of other douchs after a trip up a rotton twat...in the garbage chute he goes..

Looks like the Library is having a Sale on 4 letters word(s)...?!?

Latest posts

Back