New neighbors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I get home and I'm opening the front gate, a lady stops, came from the end of the road. The place is for sale, the couple split and moved, yay!! Anyhow, the lady in the car got out and gave me her card, she's a realtor. She said she showed the place just a little while ago. I'm thinking, SO?? As she's telling me this, Buddy is peering over from his pasture honking away!! She said that is very loud! I said " yeah, anything new or different and he sounds the alarm!" She then said it was kind of disruptive when she was showing the place!!😮 It's at least a half mile down the road and we can't see the house! She then proceeds to tell me she is having an open house Saturday afternoon and asked if I could send the donkey somewhere else that afternoon!!😮🤣😮🤣 So I popped off that he would really like to go shopping!🤣 She stared at me with horrible cringing eyes!! And then asks if there is anyway I can keep him quiet Saturday!!😮🤣🤣🤣 So I said sure, just make sure no strange vehicles come down the road that day!!🤣 She left!! I'm amazed!!!
What a intolerant tart !!!!!!
I would have tell her to shove it !!!
This is YOUR property you are in the Country
and if people dont like it they can go to hell

Hope it will happen to a NO SALE house LOLOLOL

Sending LOVE to Buddy and You 🥰 👍

If you do that, you'd be wise to have another home lined up first and have verbage in the contract that states the sale is reliant on your having a place to move to. I've heard of a lot of people who got all excited about the numbers and then when they sold, couldn't find a place to move to b/c ALL the prices are inflated. We are in a bubble right now, so if you're thinking about selling, now's the time. But if you're a buyer, unless you have a plan already in place, you just need to wait a bit to find some deals. The problem is, I don't know when that bubble will actually burst. From what I've been reading, it's not very far off. If the above scenario plays out, maybe it would be wise to sell now and rent for a few years until a good deal comes your way. Then you could capitalize on the bubble and it's burst.

I'd suggest if you are going to stay in the area, that you should start getting familiar with the market there. Talk to a realtor and see what's available and what the price is. If nothing else, it will put you in a better position to barter with whomever wants to buy your place. You could also inquire about how much rent would cost and what is available on that front too.

Makes sense. I have been thinking about it and If I do sell I would either buy a smaller cheaper place closer to the city or I would just rent. I started looking at industrial loft condos and the ADU's that are popping up all over. The lawyer has the letter now and will be reaching out to the developer. I was pretty set for someone to find me dead out here many years from, but I would rather live in a crappy old single-wide than sit in between two mountain mansions full of rich people.

So I get home and I'm opening the front gate, a lady stops, came from the end of the road. The place is for sale, the couple split and moved, yay!! Anyhow, the lady in the car got out and gave me her card, she's a realtor. She said she showed the place just a little while ago. I'm thinking, SO?? As she's telling me this, Buddy is peering over from his pasture honking away!! She said that is very loud! I said " yeah, anything new or different and he sounds the alarm!" She then said it was kind of disruptive when she was showing the place!!😮 It's at least a half mile down the road and we can't see the house! She then proceeds to tell me she is having an open house Saturday afternoon and asked if I could send the donkey somewhere else that afternoon!!😮🤣😮🤣 So I popped off that he would really like to go shopping!🤣 She stared at me with horrible cringing eyes!! And then asks if there is anyway I can keep him quiet Saturday!!😮🤣🤣🤣 So I said sure, just make sure no strange vehicles come down the road that day!!🤣 She left!! I'm amazed!!!

We should put together a large forum contingency and show up as a group, pretending to be hillbillies, alcoholics, bikers, gang bangers and worse. Better yet I would love to throw on a Confederate officer's uniform, complete with saber, and ride a motorcycle up and down the road flying old Dixie and cat calling any women who show up for the open house. Hey there baby, wanna ride my steel pony! Or you could put out a casting call for tattoo covered Hispanics who want to be in your upcoming production of MS-13, the musical.

We should put together a large forum contingency and show up as a group, pretending to be hillbillies, alcoholics, bikers, gang bangers and worse. Better yet I would love to throw on a Confederate officer's uniform, complete with saber, and ride a motorcycle up and down the road flying old Dixie and cat calling any women who show up for the open house. Hey there baby, wanna ride my steel pony! Or you could put out a casting call for tattoo covered Hispanics who want to be in your upcoming production of MS-13, the musical.
Guess I could invite the Cartel (property behind me) over! Nah, I think Buddy will do the trick!!

I was born to be a biker, but went thru a live style change when I finally grew into my shoes. But… I’d be there.

Anyway, I’m giving you the middle name of “unattached”.
Maybe for short we can call you Mr NoStrings. Lol?

Might fit better in your “The Ladies” thread?

Single guy (property to my south, between me and the end of the road place) got the couple's cow and bull dumped into his pasture. He wasn't taking care of them. He had someone over earlier who brought a chute and portable pen! Looks like cow and bull are leaving!🤞Buddy is watching them hard, I'm going to watch from the pool float with some ice cold beer!! Updates later, let's hope these two go to a better home!

To triple my investment in property… I’d have to put about 10k into my suburbia home that I (and the bank) have owned for less than ten years, and given today’s market - that would be very doable.

But - I wouldn’t sell. Tripling my investment doesn’t mean **** when I couldn’t replace it for a place I like as much and am comfortable with… In today’s market - I’d just be tripping someone else’s investment. And the place of equal value to me would be hard to find.

Not to derail @Pearl's thread, but the lawyer called. The developer owns two of the four properties on my road and is finalizing a deal with the 3rd, my only neighbors. That leaves me. Sounds like my attorney told them to make an offer, and make a good one. Something about my planning to open my place up to the homeless as a new free encampment, since I am such a humanitarian.

Marsh, you might think about holding off until the high roller houses are built. That'll drive the price of your property up. Only downside would be if the housing bubble pops. But even then it might be more than what the current offer is be.

That makes sense but I got the feeling that it was going to be a big project with a fancy road and staggered housing lined up on either side. If I had the money I would lock myself in and be a total pain until they sold me all of their land at a loss just to get out of that project. But I don't think these things usually work out for the little guy and I have fears that they will suddenly decided the road is necessary to create a fire break or something an eminent domain will get me bottom dollar. This is why I have a lawyer, so I don't start painting my face and hiding in the trees with a rifle.

Not to derail @Pearl's thread, but the lawyer called. The developer owns two of the four properties on my road and is finalizing a deal with the 3rd, my only neighbors. That leaves me. Sounds like my attorney told them to make an offer, and make a good one. Something about my planning to open my place up to the homeless as a new free encampment, since I am such a humanitarian.
Developers are all over property when they want to build something big and having 3 out of 4 lots will drive them a little crazy.

I have received so many requests to buy my property. One time, "Daisy" sent me a card telling me she wanted to buy my home. I threw her card in the trash. Next month, "Daisy" sent me another card, telling me this was my second notice and that she needed to hear from me. She did. I called the number and told her that she needed to stop harassing me and she would know when my property was for sale when she saw the "For Sale" sign out front and that I didn't want to hear from her again. "You can't talk to me like that!" "I just did, and I won't be so nice if I hear from you again."

Housing prices...I read that 2026 is going to be a bad year, that the housing market will sort of maybe kinda crash. It is time, they said it was like every...16, 14 years. I forget.
@Pearl maybe you could get some really nice speakers for music and crank it up that day like you're not even having a party. It is just life at Buddy's and Bear's. I love it that Buddy is hollering. Maybe put him in the pasture nearest to that property, clean out the stalls that afternoon...or have some poo brought in....If you have any yee-haw friends, invite them over in their big trucks to peel wheels n stuff.
I'm so mature. :cool:

Hey Patch - you ard I are made from the same cloth b/c I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe Buddy needs some extra treats toward that property line during the openhouse. Perhaps Pearl could get one of those small inflatable pools on that day and have herself a little beer party there with a loud radio! Pearl singing to her hearts content with some beers in hand and Buddy hollering away........ :thumbs: Property taxes just went down.......LOL! If realtor lady comes walking over......Pearl shouts out "ain't no way you are red necker' n' me!" Wooooo hoooooo doggie!! YeeeeeHawwwww!!!!

Dang....wouldn't that be awesome? I dare ya Pearl!😁

Hey Patch - you ard I are made from the same cloth b/c I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe Buddy needs some extra treats toward that property line during the openhouse. Perhaps Pearl could get one of those small inflatable pools on that day and have herself a little beer party there with a loud radio! Pearl singing to her hearts content with some beers in hand and Buddy hollering away........ :thumbs: Property taxes just went down.......LOL! If realtor lady comes walking over......Pearl shouts out "ain't no way you are red necker' n' me!" Wooooo hoooooo doggie!! YeeeeeHawwwww!!!!

Dang....wouldn't that be awesome? I dare ya Pearl!😁
Too far away, real pool is close enough, Buddy needs no extra treats, it's a treat to him to make announcements!

Housing prices...I read that 2026 is going to be a bad year, that the housing market will sort of maybe kinda crash. It is time, they said it was like every...16, 14 years. I forget.
@Pearl maybe you could get some really nice speakers for music and crank it up that day like you're not even having a party. It is just life at Buddy's and Bear's. I love it that Buddy is hollering. Maybe put him in the pasture nearest to that property, clean out the stalls that afternoon...or have some poo brought in....If you have any yee-haw friends, invite them over in their big trucks to peel wheels n stuff.
I'm so mature. :cool:
I love it.
Some one told me recently" women don't have a sense of humor".
Oh, but we do.
You just may not understand it.
It's just wicked, warped.

Today is open house for the place at the end of the road! I should be home in time to see if anyone shows up! Hopefully the realtor hands out free earplugs In case Buddy gets loud!😃

I hope you end up with some good neighbors. While there is a chance of some shitbird buying it, there is also a chance you could end up with some good people who keep to themselves. I love my current neighbors, who are in the process of moving out. Only spoke with them 3 times in over 3 years. Perfect.

That makes sense but I got the feeling that it was going to be a big project with a fancy road and staggered housing lined up on either side. If I had the money I would lock myself in and be a total pain until they sold me all of their land at a loss just to get out of that project. But I don't think these things usually work out for the little guy and I have fears that they will suddenly decided the road is necessary to create a fire break or something an eminent domain will get me bottom dollar. This is why I have a lawyer, so I don't start painting my face and hiding in the trees with a rifle.
Borrow Buddy from Pearl, or better yet, get one of your own!

The open house is almost done!! The only cars I have on camera going by are the realtor's SUV and single guy next door leaving! No one came, Buddy is quiet!😃
LOL - doncha love it when a plan comes together. I hope that isn't an indicator of future sales though. We used to have open houses all the time here, but nothing for two years now, just a couple model homes in new tracts. But "they" are planning for ten thousand new housing units in the next ten years. Guess they haven't heard there's a water shortage and the Colorado is over-allocated.

We're back home from our trip, and I'm really thinking of getting out of here again. Either cash out the whole "empire" or at least sell the house and move into the mountains above Kingman at around 6,000 ft where it's cooler. We'd have an hour's drive to the shop, but be better than baking in the summer.

Someone looked at the place at the end of the road this morning and it's now under contract!! Hopefully a good addition to the area! Also, single guy next to us is thinking about keeping the cow and bull that were dumped in his pasture by the previous people on the end of the road. He got out the old water trough and got them a round bale of hay! Said he learned a lot after having cattle last year and two died. I told him these two are in terrible need of hoof trimming and deworming. Let's hope he keeps going in the right direction! Updates as more information is learned!

Single guy got a water trough for his cow and bull, guess he's keeping them!! The contract fell through on the place at the end of the road, was immediately relisted at a lower price! So we can enjoy more peace and quiet on our road for now!!
just think he can now raise calves himself and grow them out into slaughter steers/heifers for the freezer.

just think he can now raise calves himself and grow them out into slaughter steers/heifers for the freezer.
No, he tried that the past two summers! Some died last summer, the rest were taken away!🙁 Hopefully he learned something and only having two should be easier! The other neighbors had this pair two years, no calves!🤔 I'm just glad they have food and water. They desperately need deworming and the bulls hooves are so long he has trouble walking!🙁

No new neighbors yet! Old neighbor update!😃 Single guy hasn't been around his property for weeks, luckily it rained around Labor Day so the cow and bull have a little water in their pond! The cow actually had a calf last week !! Surprised because she had no bag!! Tiny little thing, I didn't think it would make it, but it seems to be getting a little stronger , the mom let's it try to nurse, so there must be something there!! Single guy showed up yesterday but I don't think he even acknowledged the animals!! The place down the end of the road and the place behind us are still for sale!!

Latest posts

Back