New neighbors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be right over! Just kidding.
Properties aren’t selling. I didn’t realize there were three properties for sale in your neck of the woods.
Two! The 50 acres behind us for over 2 million dollars, they'll be keeping that until they smarten up, and the five acres down the end of the road. It has a major pipeline and huge power lines across it! The house is going "as is", old two story in bad shape! Only 500,000 for that place!

I’ll be right over! Just kidding.
Properties aren’t selling. I didn’t realize there were three properties for sale in your neck of the woods.
It's all over. The last two lots in our hood were built out this summer. Nice, modern homes, but no view and small, like 1,300 sq ft and no perimiter walls - which are running $30-75,000 now. They've both been sitting. There are 4 on our street fixing to come on market. One the guy died, the others are in poor health and the blind guy had to move with family, so his place has sat empty for a year.

It's not going to be pretty if all those places go on at once.

I'm afraid we're stuck here in the Wasteland. Our only hope is to make enough money here to start escaping in the summer again.

I worry about our immediate neighbors selling, it's ALWAYS worse people who move in. :(

Latest posts

Back