Observations from Pearl's pool

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek::oops: Yeah and she will not be happy with you when she gets home. 🤣
i was only floating...i didnt pee the pool...elk is not going to get hit over the head with a newspaper i tell you that....!

Was that YOU Elkie?? I thought you were one of those floating beer holders!! I wasn't done with that beer!!🤣🤣🤣
i tell ya when go float in pearls pool and get a beer can in the bellybutton and you standing their and ole buddy is off in pasture braying to top of his lungs...it was like he was laughing at me....i bet i need at least 6 weeks of therapy now.

i got something now...some type of condition...laughing donkey syndrome !

So a peaceful day today!! No bad dogs! Two were caught on camera killing goats, owners surrendered them to avoid prosecution! Others are supposed to be penned! Many birds as always, only one nest of Wrens left under the pool rail! The deer were all back enjoying the pasture behind us (no dogs)!! Peace in my valley tonight!!

I'm sure that is a great relief for the valley.
I put corn on the cob out in the yard and next morning one was near the birdbath, it had been washed and partly eaten.
Next morning, there was a bunch of corn in the birdbath, quite a mess, and the other ears (half ears) lying about. Cracks me up, raccoons ya think?

I'm sure that is a great relief for the valley.
I put corn on the cob out in the yard and next morning one was near the birdbath, it had been washed and partly eaten.
Next morning, there was a bunch of corn in the birdbath, quite a mess, and the other ears (half ears) lying about. Cracks me up, raccoons ya think?
Opossums like those!!

So a peaceful day today!! No bad dogs! Two were caught on camera killing goats, owners surrendered them to avoid prosecution! Others are supposed to be penned! Many birds as always, only one nest of Wrens left under the pool rail! The deer were all back enjoying the pasture behind us (no dogs)!! Peace in my valley tonight!!
They should 🐝 made to Pay Restitution...!!! :mad:

Yesterday was interesting! There were a few tiny pop up showers in the area, beautiful clouds! Showers developed to my north and moved southwest, I watched sheets of rain in the distance. Then a t-storm developed to my east and passed just to my south. It all came together as one mass of heavy rain to my west, southwest! Will be on weather patrol/observation again today!!😉

We don’t have bluebirds here which is odd since we have so many other birds. We had a couple little yellow birds up the mountain- like bluebirds but yellow. Also had stellar jays. They could be noisy but I liked them. We do have quite a few hummingbirds right now filling their little tanks before heading south. I pull the feeders about the end of the month.

They almost full moon has drawn me to night pool! It was so beautiful and quiet last night! Was out by 10pm, but it's amazing how much you can see by moonlight! Hubby didn't join me, he had been in earlier and messed around in his shop instead. Going to throw Bud some more hay and then watch the birds for a bit! Planning on an hour of float time tonight too!!

bunch of jWe don’t have bluebirds here which is odd since we have so many other birds. We had a couple little yellow birds up the mountain- like bluebirds but yellow. Also had stellar jays. They could be noisy but I liked them. We do have quite a few hummingbirds right now filling their little tanks before heading south. I pull the feeders about the end of the month.
Years ago I used to hike up on the mountain behind us and sit on an old stump, just to watch things going on and maybe see a deer once and a while, one time a jays came gliding down the mountain at amazing speed, I had to duck thinking I might get hit by someone throwing rocks or something as the sound of the wind going through their wings was loud. As I sat on the stump observing, I found that the jays were picking acorns and dropping them on the boulders to break them open. I haven't hiked up on the mountains like I used to, mainly due to getting older, but also there is a lot of mountain lions the have moved into those areas and unlike bear, they are extremely stealthy, I probably wouldn't hear them coming for me.

Latest posts

Back