Pain relief stronger than aspirin in preps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone study or use these plant as a substitute for pain killer or grow them?
Herbs for Natural Pain Relief
WHITE WILLOW BARK
Containing an aspirin-like compound known as salicin, white willow bark has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for inflammation and pain.
DEVIL'S CLAW
Traditionally used for rheumatoid arthritis, the South African herb devil's claw may also soothe pain resulting from osteoarthritis, tendonitis, and back and neck troubles, according to proponents. Seed pods use in dried arrangements, get seeds on line.
BROMELAIN
Bromelain reduces levels of hormones in the body that control inflammation. These hormones, known as prostaglandins, initiate inflammation and keep it going.
Bromelain is extracted from the stems of pineapples. While the meat of the pineapple does contain a small amount of bromelain, it isn't enough to be medicinally helpful. Usually, it's offered as a pill or tablet to people with inflammation or infection.
TURMERIC
Another popular ayurvedic spice, turmeric contains an antioxidant compound called curcumin.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce pain by acting on the nervous system. Animal-based studies have also shown some preliminary evidence that the spice could control inflammatory proteins called cytokines.8 When cytokines are not under control, a condition known as a cytokine storm syndrome can occur. This is associated with serious illness and inflammation.

While sipping ginger tea can help relieve cold-related congestion, supplementing with ginger may help to ease the pain. Research indicates that ginger may calm arthritis pain, possibly by lowering your prostaglandin levels.
GINGER
One 2015 study even suggests that ginger could reduce pain and inflammation as effectively as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as aspirin), although more further research is still needed.

White willow bark, turmeric, and ginger contain natural blood-thinning compounds, so people taking many common medications and supplements and those about to undergo surgery should be careful and discuss these supplements with their doctors.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/herbs-for-pain-management-89299#:~:text=In studies, several of th
I grow pineapples & Ginger, I should get a white willow tree & Devil claw seeds.
This list is not near all the plants & it is for when & if you run out of meds.
PEANUT, it is your turn.
I never heard of ginger for pain. I sometimes use it for digestion. If you grow it are you in Florida? I envied the people in CA when I saw them growing oranges in their yard. The only thing is that I wondered how they dealt with people trying to steal them.

I don't react well to curcumin but it may work for someone else. I wish that there were alternatives as I would surely try them. I think that God did put things on this earth to alleviate our pain in time of need, but like everything else, it got perverted. Now an MD has control of how much or if you get pain relief.

I was hesitant to even bring this topic up but if we squarely look into the realities that we are facing then I think that we need to prepare for a possible emergency. When I looked at the devastation in NC I knew that there must be injured people still up in those mountains. God forbid if you lost a limb or had a gaping wound that needed tending. That's why I believe that we need to prepare for ourselves because we cannot rely on FEMA to swoop in and rescue us.

There are times when pain is just out of control - such as what happened to my hubby's buddy when he drove drunk. He was actually screaming in pain.
If One Looks Closer, curcumin is Not the Only One Mentioned in that Link...!!! :(

Latest posts

Back