Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an area where I trap every fall, about 30 miles from home. Mostly for muskrat, fox, coyote, coon and otter. Today I saw a lot of bear sign too.
20231016_152718.jpg

Hides don’t bring anything down here anymore. Is the market decent there?
Fur prices are pretty depressed for most types everywhere. But good quality pelts are always in demand, especially for coyote, beaver, bobcat and martin. We have good quality furs here where I live. And of course the glands, skulls, quills, and castors are always in demand.

It was called the Prowler. Why escapes me at the moment.
They have one of those at the "Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum" here in the Denver metro area. It's a lot bigger in person than you would think by looking at pictures of it. It's the first aircraft you run into after you walk into the museum and turn right. This is a fun museum. I was last there maybe 6 months ago.

https://wingsmuseum.org/exhibits/grumman-ea-6b-prowler/

I too worked on the EA-6B jammers and all the other avionics. First thing in the pic that caught my eye is that the glass canopy wasn't gold.
Those gold canopies were expensive so my guess is they removed them and painted it black.
I was working on the jammer in a lead and gold shielded room. I got a call from the tower telling me to close the door. I checked and it was closed but not latched down. I Dogged down the door and the tower said thanks.
I was transmitting into a dummy load and the radiation still bloomed the control towers radar.
I wonder what it was doing to me.
@zoomzoo where did you work on the EA6B?
Never heard it called the queer.

They have one of those at the "Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum" here in the Denver metro area. It's a lot bigger in person than you would think by looking at pictures of it. It's the first aircraft you run into after you walk into the museum and turn right. This is a fun museum. I was last there maybe 6 months ago.

https://wingsmuseum.org/exhibits/grumman-ea-6b-prowler/
Haven't been there in a number of years. There is also a museum in Pueblo, Colorado that has interesting stuff. I don't think they have that one, but they do have some rare stuff.
https://pwam.org/

I spent a lot of time untangling cords, putting blue tape and labeling cords (well, labeling what they were plugged into) as I removed them from power strips and the old UPS. I lightly tethered the basket on top of the UPS with paracord and it has some velcro. I also loosely attached a plastic face shield. Will need to find a better way to secure both. I scrubbed the coffee table that sits under the computer. There's a little wheeled holder for the computer that my dad made. It was filthy and the crud wouldn't come off so I put shelf liner on it. It's done roughly, but I don't care. Moved the computer off of the holder and put the new UPS on it so it would be easier to move while I plugged stuff in. When the new computer gets mounted on a shelf, I'll push that rolling thing up against the wall & put a little plastic drawer thingy in front. I'll also set the old computer over to the right so the cats can still sit on it. Bethesda had to investigate.
1698079020638.png

1698078976405.png

Latest posts

Back