Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got Moonshine! :woo hoo:
Backyard, 11:30 pm tonight:
View attachment 116899
(No outdoor lights were pointed at the yard)
A quick funny: there is a plant around here called Night Glow aka Ocean Spray. My mom was trying to say something about it one time and said, "Oh what's that moonshine plant?" 😂 It took a few minutes to figure out what she was talking about.

truckster.jpeg

Love that floppy eared photo bomber 😂

I had a 'Duh!' moment last year. I realized why the pup ends up in my photos. He's a great herding dog... smart, learned to look and go where i signal around cattle. He's 3 now and is always aware of where i focus... so when i look and point the camera... he goes that way. 🤣

@LadyLocust And sometimes he's on his way back when i finally take the picture... 🤣 Thats actually what he did in this out of focus shot. I had trouble getting my phone unlocked, he ran ahead then came back to say 'nothing there'. 🤣

20230605_170455sm.jpg

Always looking for a target! looking ahead to see what i might see.

20230602_171148sm.jpg

Last edited:
Image from Google Earth of an abandoned apartment building in Alexandria, LA. This was taken in 2022. It looks worse now but I'm always driving when I go by so I can't take pics. Looks like something out of the Fallout games
1696480578261.png

I bet they charged for that bow too! LOL.
Is that the car that has the AI that tracks where you are looking and nags you to pay attention?
Note to self: Take picture of floor in Mom's bathroom once I can get out from under the cats.

I bet they charged for that bow too! LOL.
Is that the car that has the AI that tracks where you are looking and nags you to pay attention?
Note to self: Take picture of floor in Mom's bathroom once I can get out from under the cats.
Yes it is. I've already have another significant other who does enough nagging without the car adding its two cents.

To keep up with this thread, our old retiree luncheon a few days ago.
20231004_121714.jpg

We used to have a thing on our Expedition that would beep when we got close to something while backing up. A late elderly friend commented that it was almost as annoyingly naggy as Mom. Dad called it "the second wife".

I'm too lazy to set up a ring camera. LOL. Would probably be getting alerted by cats all the time.

Anyway, I decided to take pics of the floor situation in Mom's bathroom. Please excuse the mess-- I don't use this bathroom. I do go in and clean the toilet and tighten the seat bolts from time to time, but I mostly avoid it. And I'll take the trash bag out-- mom usually pulls it out of the can & ties it off when she wants my brother to take it out but he won't so I end up doing it. I really need to give it a thorough cleaning. I tried scraping up that crud in front of the toilet on the wood but it wouldn't come up and I'd have to sit on the floor to really work on it & I have trouble getting back up. LOL. Pad on the floor is for the dog to pee on. There's a bunch of trash that I want to throw out but Mom considers some of it "good" trash and last time I cleared stuff out I got yelled at bc she wanted to keep something.
1696637614018.png

Ugh Zannej. You will deserve a medal if you clean that bathroom. I would not want to do it.
Mask and a steam blaster. I just did our kitchen floor with that steam thing. I thought it was relatively clean before. But the steam cleaning showed me I was wrong. The scalding steam cleans well, and also sanitizes.

Ugh Zannej. You will deserve a medal if you clean that bathroom. I would not want to do it.
I've cleaned worse. If I can stick my arm down a sewer pipe to snake a drain, clean the toilet after my brother used it, and remove linoleum that got soaked in sewer water, I can tackle this. I just need to figure out where to put the clutter. I'm going to use my little SafeTStool to sit on and scrub the floor. As an aside, this bathroom used to have carpet and I'm the one who removed it. Tenants had not cleaned in 9 yrs and it was absolutely disgusting. I took out the carpet, the pad, and scraped residue off the floor. Scrubbed every inch of that bathroom. It was filthier back then than it is now.

Haertig, I'm worried the steam will damage the wood underneath-- although I do plan to cut out some of it and then sister up the joists and add some supports in under to help support new plywood. When I put the vinyl sheet down I'm going to put plastic underneath as a moisture barrier to protect the floor. I'm going to use some kind of water seal stuff on the edges where the perimeter tape will go.

Latest posts

Back