Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3105.jpeg

At our annual reunion, September 2023, in San Antonio.
The Society of the Fifth Division is the oldest continuously active US military unit organization in the country.
The 5th Infantry Division was given the nickname Red Devils by our German opponents in WW One for our fighting tenacity, red because that is the color of our shoulder patch.
In WW Two, the 5th Infantry and 4th Armored Divisions were with Patton’s Third Army longer than any other of his units. From beginning to end, actually.
These two divisions were most often found at the tip of Patton’s spear, and from that we became known as Patton’s Red Diamond Devils.

Whenever I’m together with the guys I served with in Vietnam, I’m like a kid at Christmas.
This coming September we will be in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Some pictures of Vienna, Austria we went to the Michelangelo exhibition, and the bottom one is the Schonbrunn palace (Summer Palace) which was in the park across from us and had a Christmas market
Nice photos...makes me a little homesick somehow. I haven't been to Europe in 6 years ( thanks to covid)

I was looking for some photos of Austria but don't know where they are but here is one close by
Any guesses what that is?

Attachments

• Picture 266.jpg
    Picture 266.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
did you go there or just an online photo? When we went the weather sucked, it was raining and cold in July, plus there were busloads of Japanese tourists poking you with umbrellas , not the most enjoyable place we visited
Search with Google lens

;)

Ben

Just doing a little seed inventory and checking out the napping garden on the last day of the year. Kind of wondering when winter will show up and slap us, it’s been a slow starter so far. We had a super bounty of everything this last year, the pantry is full and the family is happy and healthy. I hope the coming year is as good for us!

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpeg
    IMG_2931.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Just doing a little seed inventory and checking out the napping garden on the last day of the year. Kind of wondering when winter will show up and slap us, it’s been a slow starter so far. We had a super bounty of everything this last year, the pantry is full and the family is happy and healthy. I hope the coming year is as good for us!
Nice set up for the hoop houses

Nice set up for the hoop houses
Also holds 2” netting to keep all the local critters out until the plants get big enough to fight back. A finer mesh bug net for the stuff that doesn’t need pollination also works well as long as we secure it well enough to keep storms from blowing it away.

I want one! The wife gave me the ok to buy one. Just started researching them.
Well, I don't know what you are looking for, but the DJI mini 3 is what I got and its pretty amazing for the price point, with controller it was less than $400 at costco.

Its one gram under the limit for registration.

Something I like is that the DJI fly app shows all the flight restrictions etc for your area in real time where you are flying so its legally much 'safer' as you always know if you are in a restricted zone or not. Drone laws are rather complicated but the app makes it pretty easy to stay legal.

And the camera is just amazing, at least to me. The drone has an amazing rate of climb, it just a few seconds you can be at the legal ceiling of 400 ft taking pics with a 35 minute flight time per battery:

QQRG5995.jpeg

I think Mike Adams has mentioned that having a drone would be good to have to see what might be coming your way in a SHTF situation, "fore warned is fore armed."

Perhaps. One thing to keep in mind is that almost all consumer level drones will not fly if a no fly zone is placed over your place....and will not fly if they can't get a GPS signal. Starting this year, they also all have built in transponders that cannot be turned off without significant effort.

Depending on the SHTF, they could simply become useless at the flip of a switch. I think their usefulness is actually greatest Pre-SHTF in surveying your area, if they work in SHTF, all the better, but they can't be counted on in every situation.

They are NOT like an RC helicopter, they are more like a flying cell phone, as in order to do what they do, they are by definition connected at all times.

Nice photos...makes me a little homesick somehow. I haven't been to Europe in 6 years ( thanks to covid)

I was looking for some photos of Austria but don't know where they are but here is one close by
Any guesses what that is?
Is it part of Bavaria?

Is it part of Bavaria?
yes, the castle is Neuschwanstein, most famous castle on the planet probably . But totally overrun with busloads of tourists
If you drive through the tunnel shortly after the town you are in Austria. The mountain is in Germany, but also right on the border. I have been to Austria many times

Have a question for you , if I had a layover in Dublin airport for 4 hours, would that be enough to go look at Dublin for an hour ? Or is the airport too large to get in and out of in that time? ( I am looking at tickets for this year some time in spring or summer and this would be the cheapest tickets)

Guess who got a new drone for christmas? View attachment 122118

Well, I don't know what you are looking for, but the DJI mini 3 is what I got and its pretty amazing for the price point, with controller it was less than $400 at costco.

Something I like is that the DJI fly app shows all the flight restrictions etc for your area in real time where you are flying so its legally much 'safer' as you always know if you are in a restricted zone or not. Drone laws are rather complicated but the app makes it pretty easy to stay legal.

And the camera is just amazing, at least to me. The drone has an amazing rate of climb, it just a few seconds you can be at the legal ceiling of 400 ft taking pics with a 35 minute flight time per battery:

View attachment 122131
I got my husband a drone for Christmas, too. I got him the DJI mini 4 pro. He hasn’t flown it yet.

View attachment 122131
I need something with at least a 5 mile range just to cover our property. It could come in handy checking on our fences and the cattle. I saw one that had a 12 mile range. The wife set a $2500 limit.

Latest posts

Back