Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1940's photo of a woman looking at records in Prague. These could be my ancestor's records that she is looking at, but not likely. Many of these records have been scanned and are available to view and turn pages of the books, online, for free. When I was doing genealogy work even 20 years ago, the Czech records were not available except to go view them in person.
Czech archives.JPG

Someone said this is volume 1 of "Understanding Women."

I have thought this, but they will also give away the fact that someone is around. You can hear them.

Well, you will know someone is within miles of you. I just watched a video where I guy flew his mini 3, 6.8 miles away, at about 2,000 feet high and managed to get it halfway back before the battery died.

Last edited:
Man, I remember the Cal Worthington commercials!
My plumbing in the pump house. Outlet side of the pump. It goes from galvanized to PVC. The coupling that came off is between the left elbow and the pvc fitting covered in blue pvc cement. I forgot to get a pic after it was fixed. I wrapped it in clear gorilla tape to try to hold it in place temporarily. It did not work.
1704768828260.png

I want walls like that around my entire property but I want them 15' or 20' high.
♫Like a good neighbor♪Stay over there♫ :p Did I mention that I'm antisocial?

Picture of my dad with the cow when she was younger in front of the pump house (back side of the pump house). That thing is all dented in and the lean-to is missing chunks of tin from the roof. The cow was trying to rub her face against his legs.
1704869585356.png

Outdoor shower?
Yes, it is on the side of the house, near the water heater for ease of plumbing, and will basically be a pool shower, but since there will be walls and a door, I will use it in the summer for a quick wash down...and I won't need to squeegee the stupid glass in my shower inside. These are also popular in Hawaii.

This is someone I know via Facebook. But what I want to show you is the bathroom they have made it is quite remarkable. It's about 20 minutes long, but they also have a lot of homesteading type of information on this. They are off grid. And bio gas their sewage.

Processing photo’s this evening… In the fall of ‘22, after not playing music for 6 years I decided to play again, a last hoo-ra for my old hands. Made it to Nashville nov22, had work done on my guitar. Went to Gruhn’s while there to drool, my favorite guitar shop. They have some very expensive instruments. I played one that was marked down to $14,000.00.

I made to to 4 of 6 music events in ‘23. One was a 4-day event though, the best time picking I’ve had in decades. I really wanted to attend the 2 events I missed, was flat on my back, just couldn’t go. :(

Anyway, here are a few of the photo’s, a year+ of music (some posted before…). A very good year. 😊 Hopefully I'll attend a few this year as well, that's the plan.

00 Gurhn 15nov22 263a.JPG
00 Gurhn 15nov22 267a.JPG
00 Gurhn 15nov22 452a.JPG
20230225_FFest 03a.jpg
20230225_FFest 05a.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back