Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something wrong with my phone, I get a error message when I try to download it , tried husband's apple computer and it did the same thing, any ideas? I just got it this year
How about

1705328752008~2.png

Ben

@Pearl testing the image issue sonya had reported, i think... either that or our collective gag reflex.

I'm so happy i don't have to deal with this crap every year, 5 winters were enough, especially buffalo. One year i dug a path for my mailman to my porch. By christmas i could barely see the top of his head above the snow pack.

b buf.jpeg

Last edited:
@Pearl testing the image issue sonya had reported, i think... either that or our collective gag reflex.

I'm so happy i don't have to deal with this crap every year, 5 winters were enough, especially buffalo. One year i dug a path for my mailman to my porch. By christmas i could barely see the top of his head above the snow.

View attachment 122896
One year a block or two away from me, was a household of young men. They didn't shovel snow at all, and it was a snowy year. Our mail carrier told me that they were no longer going to get mail delivered to their door, because the snow was so deep. I don't know what happened after that. This particular group of young men had lots of parties, so shoveling snow was not high on their list of important things to do.

Man, I had never shoveled snow or ice in my life (had always lived places where it didn't snow when I was old enough to do so) but when I visited my sister and she slipped on ice in her driveway, it was on like donkey kong. I was shoveling away to make sure she didn't slip again. Funny thing was, my dad was looking for the shovel so he could do it and came out and found that I'd beaten him to it.
This blurry photo was taken by my friend's ex from in town. Wreck on the bridge because it has some ice.
1705382311052.png

Thanks so much!

Much of it is a kit, but I like having things sized to fit my critters, so I’m teaching myself tiny woodworking and scratch-built the bigger chairs.

Model military stuff is fun too — I used to do wargame miniatures (mostly fantasy / sf ), and my husband used to do Napoleonics and occasional bigger model kits.

I’m trying desperately not to get into model trains! :D

P1060514.JPG
This is a tree we planted on Tara Hill in 2020 in memory of my brother-in-law. Shortly after this photo last summer, the council found and removed it. It's on the edge of an ancient forest, well away from the actual archaeology of the hill, and was placed there to replace an old tree that had blown down a few years ago. The same tree, replaced. And they pulled it up. And then they give away free trees, each spring, because the 'world needs more trees'.

View attachment 123031 This is a tree we planted on Tara Hill in 2020 in memory of my brother-in-law. Shortly after this photo last summer, the council found and removed it. It's on the edge of an ancient forest, well away from the actual archaeology of the hill, and was placed there to replace an old tree that had blown down a few years ago. The same tree, replaced. And they pulled it up. And then they give away free trees, each spring, because the 'world needs more trees'.
Why would they take that tree out?

Model military stuff is fun too — I used to do wargame miniatures (mostly fantasy / sf ), and my husband used to do Napoleonics and occasional bigger model kits.
did you ever play the wargames? We used to go to some of the conventions
I don't have the patience to paint the figures but love playing. We made a Harry Potter game once ( they have fantasy stuff there too)

your little bunnies are cute !

Stargazy pie (Cornish: Hogen Ster-Lagatta; sometimes called starrey gazey pie, stargazey pie and other variants) is a Cornish dish made of baked pilchards (sardines), along with eggs and potatoes, covered with a pastry crust. Although there are a few variations using other types of fish, the unique feature of stargazy pie is fish heads (and sometimes tails) protruding through the crust, so that they appear to be gazing to the stars.

View attachment 122771
Uh, I don’t think so.
What the heck are you testing?? 😮
Ou patience with him.

How’s it feel to be in snow country again? 😍
It is a one week trip. 😌 I used to know how to drive in the snow and I don’t think I’d chance it this time. Feel? I’ve been inside and finally went out this afternoon. I think I’d catch up on my inside projects if I lived where it’s cold. And cold must have snow!
Otherwise fantastic seeing family.

Why would they take that tree out?
Purely because the council didn't plant it / choose it, there wasn't an investigation, a report, a meeting and a council vote. ( you know, a waste of money so someone could fee justified in their job) So it wasn't considered appropriate. The family told them afterwards, the why and wherefore, and they said 'we should have put a plaque on it' which is stupid, because a plaque wouldn't blend in at all.

Poldark was our Sunday night go to when it was on- Aidan T. was in Lord of the Rings also

Latest posts

Back