Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, the castle is Neuschwanstein, most famous castle on the planet probably

Which sucks, because its not even a real castle, its just an art project.....but its what most people think of when you say 'castle'.

I got my husband a drone for Christmas, too. I got him the DJI mini 4 pro. He hasn’t flown it yet.
My wife needs a raise.....;) Here I am with a cheap ol' mini 3.

On the other hand, I don't know if I'm brave enough to fly something as valuable as a mini 4 out where one accident could lose it. Flying my mini 3 is scary enough.

The one I got was cheap.
Cost $100.
It has obstacle avoidance, auto takeoff and hover, it will land in the palm of your hand, it has 3 speeds, and more.
If I'm going to crash one I don't want it to be real expensive. Plus it's really just a toy.
This is what I have. Haven't flown it enough to make an informed opinion yet.
Amazon.com

That is a very nice drone. Now I’m sorry I paid so much for the one I bought.
Don't feel too bad. I'm sure its very workable, but there is a reason DJI has 70% of market share, like computers, and well, everything else, their are refinements that you get from things that don't easily show up on pure numbers.

Which sucks, because its not even a real castle, its just an art project.....but its what most people think of when you say 'castle'.
I need to find my photos from Scotland, now THEY had awesome castles

the castle in my hometown is now an expensive restaurant. If we go this year, I will take a photo
( it's mostly a ruin except one part of it)

The one I got was cheap.
Cost $100.
It has obstacle avoidance, auto takeoff and hover, it will land in the palm of your hand, it has 3 speeds, and more.
If I'm going to crash one I don't want it to be real expensive. Plus it's really just a toy.
This is what I have. Haven't flown it enough to make an informed opinion yet.
Amazon.com

I would be tempted to shoot it out of the sky if it flies over our property
hmmmmm.....I really don't like those things

here is a nice one from Florida

Attachments

• gator.JPG
    gator.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 0
Finely detailed. And sophisticated. Except for the base. Whoever designed that as the support mechanism for the thing needs to go back to engineering school.

Makes one wonder... Who said for the first time... "I know! Lets make the bottom large and flat so the jar won't tip over!"

Probably got over ruled by the historical society... :rolleyes:

Mine will never fly over someone else property deliberately.
Since I am just learning to fly the thing it might stray over the property line but I will be doing my best to get it back home quickly.
It's not illegal to fly a drone over someone's property however and shooting at one is illegal.

Shooting a drone is a violation of US Code 32. The Code aims to protect drones from any damage and destruction. The penalty for shooting at drones as per US code 32 is a fine and 20-year imprisonment. Although you may own the property, you don't own the airspace above it.

Makes one wonder... Who said for the first time... "I know! Lets make the bottom large and flat so the jar won't tip over!"
There are a lot of things that make me wonder who and why someone did something for the first time.
Who was hungry enough to eat the first oyster?
Things like that.

I like the idea of getting a drone but I would really suck at controlling one and I'm sure it would crash. LOL. I suddenly remembered how I used to go out with my dad when he flew his remote control model air plane.

From my jewelry box. The Flower shaped silver with blue glass in the middle belonged to my great great grandmother who was born in 1776.
Pretty much everything in there was acquired when I was a teenager & the rings no longer fit.
1704322396747.png

I gave this jade ring to my mother since it won't fit my fat fingers anymore.
1704322487888.png

I gave this brooch to my friend's fiance as the "something blue" for the wedding
1704322532125.png

I also gave her this spider (and the blue anklets underneath)
1704322577140.png

I need to find my other jade jewelry that is around somewhere.

That might be a spout on the end of the vase. If so, it would of been put in a metal casing, attached to the wall, and a stopper put on the bottom end. A bowl underneath it. Filled with water. It would set on a dresser in a bedroom for washing up. I have the "midwestern" version of the bowl and water picher.

Chuck Norris and me about 15 years ago. In the second picture, that's Chuck's wife next to him and the two guys are his paid bodyguards. Yeah, I wondered why he needs bodyguards too.

View attachment 122239

View attachment 122240
I think the 'bodyguards' are to pull an attacker away from him, before they have yet another 'body' to dispose of :oops: 🤣.

Just saying, wether you like it or not, they are protected under FAA rules as aircraft, which has a permeant right of way over private property.
Note however, that anti-voyeurism laws exist and still apply to drones just as much as peeping tom. You have no more right to shoot a drone flying over your property, than you do someone driving past you on the road. However, someone standing outside your window with a camera CAN be prosecuted and so could a drone pilot doing the same.

And any ethical drone pilot, will not linger over someone's property, and IMO, if you are flying so low that they know you are there, you are too low to be a good neighbor.

I would pay just a little more for a drone that has GPS, it lets them return home when the battery gets low or if it loses the signal. Plus that drone stops at 300 feet distance.

Indeed. Those pretty major limitations. My drone may have cost nearly $400, but....it has a six mile range.
I like the idea of getting a drone but I would really suck at controlling one and I'm sure it would crash. LOL. I suddenly remembered how I used to go out with my dad when he flew his remote control model air plane.

The difference between good drones and RC aircraft is that the drone is a flying computer.....the drone decides how it will fly, you just tell it where to go, and the better ones have obstacle avoidance and will not let you crash them into things, land in water, etc.

The downside is, the best drones for beginners, are far from the cheapest.

I think the 'bodyguards' are to pull an attacker away from him, before they have yet another 'body' to dispose of :oops: 🤣.
Chuck Norris doesn't flush the toilet, he scares the crap out of it.

Chuck Norris went skydiving and his parachute didn't open. Chuck took it back for a refund.

Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Chuck Norris can make sticks by rubbing two fires together.

When Chuck Norris lifts dumbbells, they get smarter.

Chuck Norris can gargle peanut butter.

Chuck Norris picked an apple from an orange tree and made lemonade.

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

When Chuck Norris was a baby he farted for the first time, that is when the big bang first happened.

Chuck Norris is able to build a snowman out of water.

Chuck Norris's mother tried to have an abortion. The procedure resulted in the doctor being knocked unconscious by Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer- but he never cries.
Chuck Norris only takes top position during sex because he never screws up.

We used to all have T-shirts with things about Chuck Norris. Wish we still had them.

If I ever win a lot of money somehow maybe I'd get a good drone.

Not the best picture, but this is the jewelry box from Singapore. It's rosewood. I need to clean it up and see if I can remove the tarnish/rust from the metal.
1704334385868.png

My cats puked on top of it.

I need to find my photos from Scotland, now THEY had awesome castles

the castle in my hometown is now an expensive restaurant. If we go this year, I will take a photo
( it's mostly a ruin except one part of it)
Doing genealogy and family history work, there was a term that came up in the records that I learned and it translated to estate. Most of the Czech records I have looked at, and there are 100's, tell which estate people lived on. Many records are organized by the estate.
Estates were run by a nobleman and the estate was named for this person. Estates had manor houses where the nobleman lived. They might have a castle, depending on the history and wealth of the area.

Do you know who built those castles and farmed the land for the noblemen? The peasants, also known as serfs.

All of my ancestors were peasants, so all of them supported the noblemen in one way or another. It could have been tending the fields or gardens. It could have been carpentry, metal work, tailors, cooks, housekeepers. In exchange for this, the peasants were allowed a piece of land and a home of some sort. In my family, they were known as cottagers, so they lived in cottages.

After they did whatever was required of them to serve the nobleman, they had to tend the land that they were allowed to work. From that land, they were required to pay around 30% of the food they grew in taxes. If there was a bad year for crops, their land might have been taken away from them.

I know that castles are beautiful, but since I have learned about the history, or realized what went into them, they have lost their allure for me.

I know that castles are beautiful, but since I have learned about the history, or realized what went into them, they have lost their allure for me.
Keep in mind, although the system wasn't 'fair' the castles where probably the reason you're ancestors survived at all.

And 30% isn't really much higher than the current taxes people pay....under threat of losing their land....in order to prop of a government to defend them from other governments.

At least your ancestors KNEW they're nobles and they where local......we have nobles too, but they are just millionaires living thousands of miles away who don't care anything for us, even as chattel.

Keep in mind, although the system wasn't 'fair' the castles where probably the reason you're ancestors survived at all.

And 30% isn't really much higher than the current taxes people pay....under threat of losing their land....in order to prop of a government to defend them from other governments.

At least your ancestors KNEW they're nobles and they where local......we have nobles too, but they are just millionaires living thousands of miles away who don't care anything for us, even as chattel.

Latest posts

Back