Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it but have a feeling all that paint will burn off or turn black after just a few grillings.

I have a copper colored weber and a bright blue one, they are both 3+ years old and live outside - covered in the winter months. They might be a touch faded but otherwise look the same as they did when I bought them. Not sure if that would still apply to the red, white and blue.

DSC_5202.JPG

My nighttime flying-insect extermination crew at work on the rafter on the patio.
The light shines on the rafter, and the pesky bugs are drawn to it at night.
The black dots you see, are a tasty supper for my buddies :):
image0.jpeg

I thought they were the same as our other lizards, but their tail is much shorter.
Our 'regular' ones are these:
anole-1348896_1280-1024x578.jpg

They can eat much bigger bugs, but they don't work nights :(.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the 2 pics at the bottom are supposed to be replicas. There's quite a few differences from the one in the top pic.
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna7267457

1723346654059.png

"The Grass family's voyage to America began in 2003 when they and others tried to cross the Florida Straits aboard a bright green 1951 Chevy pickup, which Luis Grass had converted into a boat. They were intercepted by the Coast Guard and sent back to Cuba. The Coast Guard then sank the Chevy-boat."

My nighttime flying-insect extermination crew at work on the rafter on the patio.
View attachment 159477
I thought they were the same as our other lizards, but their tail is much shorter.

Cudoes for a natural solution!

Ben

74502168500__A8042B63-4513-4389-A476-624A7AABD0F6.jpeg

My take-home from the miniatures class today. It was a “potions cabinet” theme, but mine ended up more fall/kitcheny than spooky. Which is fine by me, I prefer fall to spook. I think the upper right corner needs a basket of apples, but neither basket nor apples were available in the class, so that’s on my to-do later.

The raccoon is one I purchased a while ago — she needed clothes, so the clothes are my own design. She has a daughter who also needs an outfit, and then I may put them up together for sale.

Cudoes for a natural solution!

Ben
TMI=
I had to do some research, but my 'day-workers' are Carolina Anoles.
I love watching them do the magical color-change from green to brown, in less than 3 minutes. :oops:
Anolis_carolinensis_color_change.png

The night workers are a species of Gecko like this one:
IMG_6991es.jpg

I was going to say the 2nd pic you posted in post #13,503 was of a male anole. We get those around here all the time.
In the last post the geckos remind me of the ones we had in Singapore and Guam.
We had an endangered one in Guam that wasn't as common as the plainer looking ones. Don't know if it is still endangered, but it was at the time we were there. Called the Mourning Gecko.
1723364211334.png

I rescued some eggs from the neighbor's brats (they kept coming into our yard and crushing the eggs on our trees and I had to threaten them with bodily harm if they kept coming into our yard and taking/destroying things. I hatched one baby mourning gecko and released it on to a coconut tree.

View attachment 159477

This is a real photo of a woman in the very early 1900's taking her own picture in a mirror with a big box camera. May be the first selfie in history.

View attachment 159601
She has a lot of pictures on the shelf!! Back then people didn't take a bunch of pictures. She must have been interested in photography!!

Latest posts

Back