Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outside of Kingsland, Texas
original_file_home.jpg

Friend apparently has not cleaned the caulk up bc he was exhausted so I may have to go over there and redo the caulking. Got an electric caulk gun tho so shouldn't be too bad.

He sent me this pic. Puppy has been ignoring the puppy pad but somehow left a turd standing straight up.
1724537410481.png

Was out cutting more grass today and my little buddy showed back up. He follows me around quite a bit. Also made it to the other side of the creek across from the unfinished stand.

Attachments

• IMG_6235.JPG
    IMG_6235.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6232.JPG
    IMG_6232.JPG
    657.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    600.4 KB · Views: 0
Friend apparently has not cleaned the caulk up bc he was exhausted so I may have to go over there and redo the caulking. Got an electric caulk gun tho so shouldn't be too bad.

He sent me this pic. Puppy has been ignoring the puppy pad but somehow left a turd standing straight up.
View attachment 160487
Don't put it in the punch bowl.

My outside AC condenser with weeds/shrubs, and a tree. The stump is from a tree that fell over. Last few pics are of the pit and the eroding soil
View attachment 160443View attachment 160444View attachment 160445View attachment 160446View attachment 160447

It needs a foundation slab or cap blocks and leveled, the tubing and wires supported off of the ground, the drain pipe needs to have a 90 upturn at that end to prevent bugs going in and cleaned out with bleach to prevent algae stopping it up I put a t with a short straight and cap in the outlet of all units to be able to flush the drains with bleach it should have a p, c or s trap just below that.
If it stops up most times you can get a Shop Vac and some rags go to that outlet seal the vac to the outlet, turn it on and vacuum the clog out enough to stop the overflow.

As for the condition it seems like it is not too old from the lack of any weathering and unless the coils are stopped up and the air space around it was closed up it should work but just needs maintenance.

Is it a one or two compressor unit?

It needs a foundation slab or cap blocks and leveled, the tubing and wires supported off of the ground, the drain pipe needs to have a 90 upturn at that end to prevent bugs going in and cleaned out with bleach to prevent algae stopping it up I put a t with a short straight and cap in the outlet of all units to be able to flush the drains with bleach it should have a p, c or s trap just below that.
If it stops up most times you can get a Shop Vac and some rags go to that outlet seal the vac to the outlet, turn it on and vacuum the clog out enough to stop the overflow.

As for the condition it seems like it is not too old from the lack of any weathering and unless the coils are stopped up and the air space around it was closed up it should work but just needs maintenance.

Is it a one or two compressor unit?
They put a base under it, but I really need to do something to stop the soil erosion around it. Do you have pics of what you're describing for condensate drain? I pour bleach down it from time to time. Did so last week. I haven't checked to see if it comes out the other end though. I should set up a container on the other end to catch and see if anything comes out. It sort of bends upwards instead of sloping down like it really should.
The outside unit was installed either last year or early this year. My brain is not handling heat well. I have no idea how many compressors it has It's a Trane X something.... I'll have to look it up. LOL. Will have to get pics of after the weeds were cut.
Friend's bathroom after the floor fell through on him before he moved in:
1724552345623.png

After he fixed the floor-- this was the original layout for sink and toilet.
1724552410870.png

I will try to upload this dont know if it will do a mess like it.

The S trap holds the bleach and condensate for a bit to help it clean, the drain runs at a trickle and collects in the 90 at the bottom which keeps a pool to keep out invading pests and to keep the vacuum from the unit from bringing in air from the vent.

condensation drain.png

Thanks, 12icemaker. I still haven't done the bleach thing where I go check bc I've been feeling cruddy.
Froggy is so cute!

LOL at that last sign!

Here's the snake my friend rescued yesterday:
1724690949624.png

Also, had a pretty spider-- look for black and yellow-- on the saplings friend cut down. He was apologizing to her as he had to remove her branches.
1724691030654.png

Latest posts

Back