Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was young I was always big & clumsy. Now I'm old & my body is stiff & I'm still big & clumsy. I hurt both of my knees about 3 days ago. One is still stiff & sore, the other was getting better until I hit it on the arm of the couch today. At the same time I kicked the foot of the couch with my bare toes. Grrrrrrr!!!!!
BUT i can STILL shoot straight!

The change in my meds hasn't been playing nice with my digestive tract. And yesterday I had to run to the bathroom when Rupert was showing signs he needed to go too. I asked my brother to please watch him for a few minutes and keep him on the puppy pads I put under him so he wouldn't pee on my bed. Brother dismissed me and said it wouldn't happen and to stop wasting his time. So of course when I came out Rupert had moved off the pad and soaked my bed and one of my favorite throws. At least he's able to lift his head again but I may need to get him some kitty diapers.

Me too. I'm glad they didn't think it was any sort of brain tumor or other issue. But he's still out of it. I have a syringe that I've been putting water in and I slowly push it into the corner of his mouth so he swallows it. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I'll have to get him some pedialyte. Poor baby can't even sit up. His tongue is hanging out of his mouth since he has no teeth and he doesn't want to open his eyes. I'm guessing he's got a headache. If the stores stay open I might go get some sort of flavorless electrolyte water and Lil Shakes (puree cat food). I'll also have to flip him to his other side at some point so he doesn't get bed sores.

Meanwhile, my friend is trying to buy a house (his mom never signed over the one he's living in that he fixed up-- it was supposed to be in his name but she did something illegal to get it totally in her name somehow). He can't really afford mortgage payments though. Not sure how he thinks he's going to afford it.
1726325985048.png

The USPS!! We have mostly substitute carriers, guess no one wants to work at our PO!! I had two little packages coming today, out for delivery, got the "informed delivery" email! Got one of the two! Called the post office, they can't find it! The woman on the phone says it must have gotten left in the delivery vehicle (sub drivers get a little van from the PO since they can't write off their vehicle)! So I asked if my package sits in a hot vehicle until someone decides to retrieve it?? YEP! The Postmaster got a nice email!! The dang package is already in your vehicle.... deliver it!! Doesn't sound too hard!!

Hope it isn't any of the Squeezy Tubes of Kitty Paste Food...?!?

People who actually know me, know I can be slightly stubborn.
Was talking to an individual who made the comment that I was stubborn.
So I asked him if he knew what the Missouri State animal was?
He didn't, but he does now.
So I told him, the Missouri Mule.
One of God's most stubborn animals.
Then I asked him if he knew what Missouri's State Slogan was?
He didn't, but he does now "Show Me" and your answer is still "NO".
So this individual is not the only one I have said "NO" to today.
But he is the only one that got an history lesson with his explanation.

Last edited:
Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke "Show Me" "The Outlaw Josey Wales" Scene

People who actually know me, know I can be slightly stubborn.
Was talking to an individual who made the comment that I was stubborn.
So I asked him if he knew what the Missouri State animal was?
He didn't, but he does now.
So I told him, the Missouri Mule.
One of God's most stubborn animals.
Then I asked him if he knew what Missouri's State Slogan was?
He didn't, but he does now "Show Me" and your answer is still "NO".
So this individual is not the only one I have said "NO" to today.
But he is the only one that got an history lesson with his explanation.
You should throw a little bit Irish temper, along with German temper.
Hill billy and red neck temper, yeah that's me.
And the Irishman is steamed to put it lightly.

You should throw a little bit Irish temper, along with German temper.
Hill billy and red neck temper, yeah that's me.
And the Irishman is steamed to put it lightly.
I talked to the Irishman this evening.
He's not as steamed.
He's still steamed just not as steamed.
He called a friend of his in Kansas City, Missouri and told him, he is now on me moving furniture alert.
I think he thinks I'm going to call his friend to help me move furniture.
By the time friend gets here from Kansas City, Missouri, I could have it moved.
I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.
But it makes "No" sense to me.

I talked to the Irishman this evening.
He's not as steamed.
He's still steamed just not as steamed.
He called a friend of his in Kansas City, Missouri and told him, he is now on me moving furniture alert.
I think he thinks I'm going to call his friend to help me move furniture.
By the time friend gets here from Kansas City, Missouri, I could have it moved.
I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.
But it makes "No" sense to me.
My son was on a mission to clean up a Trump 2024 sign that had been defaced. He was concerned about a back up if passerbys objected to his work. He selected a co- worker that he described as being a lot like his grandmother ( my mother).

My mother would lift up one end a couch so she could vacuum under it.

As for me I am surrounded by strong women and I like it.

Ben

My son was on a mission to clean up a Trump 2024 sign that had been defaced. He was concerned about a back up if passerbys objected to his work. He selected a co- worker that he described as being a lot like his grandmother ( my mother).

My mother would lift up one end a couch so she could vacuum under it.

As for me I am surrounded by strong women and I like it.

Ben
I could see me doing something like that.
Moving the couch so I could clean under and behind it.
But why would I call his friend who lives an hour away to help me move the couch.
I could had it moved around before he got here.
That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

My tiny rant: dropped a can on the top of my foot. Ya know that really fruity hurt. That is all.
Ouch! I've done that before and it sucks! Hope it heals up quickly.

Had to go up to taking 2000mg of Metformin (1k 2x daily) and it is not agreeing with my guts at all. Mom woke me up at like 5am wanting food and I had to run to the bathroom. Was haunted by the ghost of Billy Mays. Had to keep going back every time I got up. Mom was really pissed off by the time I made it out to see what she wanted. She was making herself a dagger and giving me angry pug face. Wouldn't speak to me. I put away the jelly and bread for her afterward and she calmed down. Asked me to cook her eggs and toast and was in a good mood after that.

Rupert woke me up later bc he was hungry. I don't know if its bc he's sick or if he has dementia but he keeps getting confused and I can't figure out what he wants or where he wants to go. He'll follow me, then walk away and circle back and he'll charge at other cats, get up close to them and either hiss or meow or do nothing. I've been having to play music from Youtube to keep him calm.

Back