Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amish Heart, I agree. Its starting to look more and more like it could have been the ex who did it. If she wasn't on her meds she could have flown off the handle and hurt the baby due to her bipolar disorder. Her therapist told my friend that if she's off her meds she is a danger to others and that it was only a matter of time before she seriously harmed someone and that she *would* abuse a baby (that was back when the 4-yr-old was still an infant). I've noticed that she says things like "I would never" and "I'm not about to abuse my kids" but has never said "I didn't hurt my baby" or "I didn't hurt my kids". The 4-yr-old has been slapping people and trying to slap them now. He tried to slap my friend's mother so he probably caught hands for that. Friend's mom abused my friend when he was a baby and toddler. The ex was abused & neglected by her bio parents and then abused by her adopted mother. She was raised thinking violence was the norm. Only reason they adopted her instead of just fostering was bc they found out they could get more money from her social security than they could for fostering her and that they could continue to collect it after she turned 18 so long as she stayed with them. But she still does know right from wrong.

If someone asked me which of the two (the ex or her bf) would abuse a kid, I'd say the ex. Especially when off her meds. I'm hoping it wasn't her or her boyfriend but its not looking good for either of them at this point.

Meanwhile, there are a bunch of holes in the siding of the house on the west side and I'm not sure what caused them. A couple months back I thought I heard hail hitting the side and roof though. It doesn't line up with all the loose cables and tree branches. Too high to be reached by cow's horns. No holes along the south side. Didn't see any on north side but haven't checked east side.
View attachment 160865
You might want to consider "siding clips" to secure your cables.

I had just woke up this morning, sat up on the edge of the bed. My eyes weren't in focus yet but reached for my robe. Got popped by a large red wasp on my thumb. He got a nerve which made it worse! He was on the robe, I saw something but not in time to stop my hand. It still hurts!!! and still slightly swollen! 🤬

Amish Heart, I agree. Its starting to look more and more like it could have been the ex who did it. If she wasn't on her meds she could have flown off the handle and hurt the baby due to her bipolar disorder. Her therapist told my friend that if she's off her meds she is a danger to others and that it was only a matter of time before she seriously harmed someone and that she *would* abuse a baby (that was back when the 4-yr-old was still an infant). I've noticed that she says things like "I would never" and "I'm not about to abuse my kids" but has never said "I didn't hurt my baby" or "I didn't hurt my kids". The 4-yr-old has been slapping people and trying to slap them now. He tried to slap my friend's mother so he probably caught hands for that. Friend's mom abused my friend when he was a baby and toddler. The ex was abused & neglected by her bio parents and then abused by her adopted mother. She was raised thinking violence was the norm. Only reason they adopted her instead of just fostering was bc they found out they could get more money from her social security than they could for fostering her and that they could continue to collect it after she turned 18 so long as she stayed with them. But she still does know right from wrong.

If someone asked me which of the two (the ex or her bf) would abuse a kid, I'd say the ex. Especially when off her meds. I'm hoping it wasn't her or her boyfriend but its not looking good for either of them at this point.

Meanwhile, there are a bunch of holes in the siding of the house on the west side and I'm not sure what caused them. A couple months back I thought I heard hail hitting the side and roof though. It doesn't line up with all the loose cables and tree branches. Too high to be reached by cow's horns. No holes along the south side. Didn't see any on north side but haven't checked east side.
View attachment 160865
With injuries like that baby has, someone is going to prison. And if the other one didn't stop it, they're just as guilty. Being "off meds" is no excuse at all, and not having good parenting isn't an excuse, either. That baby is lucky to be alive, but is going to be messed up for life. That's really, really sad. There's a special place in hell for child beaters and pedophiles.

These signs are popping up in Denver:

sign.jpg

sign2.jpg

https://www.denver7.com/news/front-...s-stops-how-colorado-officials-are-responding

The article said something about it breaking a bias law. Can you imagine an opinion breaking a law? It seems that anyone's opinion is racist now, and I think it's just to shut people up. I was stunned at all the homeless encampments when I was there last December for husband's medical.

When I lived/worked in LA in the early 90's the cali hwy patrol guys were great about pulling over dummies blocking the left lane, impeding traffic flow. Even if they were doing 10mph over the speed limit. If the rest of the traffic was running 20 over the slow car would be pulled over.

To the point, I've seen "Slower traffic keep right" signs all over this country. The 'i didn't know' excuse is bs. Just another a hole who doesn't care about other drivers, someone who can't be bothered to be courteous.

When I first moved to LA the freeway shootings were just becoming popular. Seemed crazy to me but after a few months of driviing in LA traffic I understood it. Didn't condone it but i did understand it. Besides, in most cases I thought good beating would suffice... :waiting:

Last edited:
When I lived/worked in LA in the early 90's the cali hwy patrol guys were great about pulling over dummies blocking the left lane, impeding traffic flow. Even if they were doing 10mph over the speed limit. If the rest of the traffic was running 20 over the slow car would be pulled over.

To the point, I've seen "Slower traffic keep right" signs all over this country. The 'i didn't know' excuse is bs. Just another a hole who doesn't care about other drivers, someone who can't be bothered to be courteous.

When I first moved to LA the freeway shootings were just becoming popular. Seemed crazy to me but after a few months of driviing in LA traffic I understood it. Didn't condone it but i did understand it. Besides, in most cases I thought good beating would suffice... :waiting:
My worst experiences have been while driving through Nebraska and Iowa, but not by people with plates from those states. I once saw a vehicle from Alaska just sit in the left lane for miles, completely blocking traffic from going past.

FYI, Nebraska is a place that is more heavily patrolled more than any other place I've been, and I have driven to the east and west coasts. You don't want to speed there or on Indian reservations! I always see more patrolmen than anywhere else. Perhaps that is part of the state revenue process.

There are also people who like to play games with this. Once, in Iowa, there was a woman who kept blocking people from passing, deliberately, and then laughing and laughing. I was driving west across the state and saw her doing this for miles and miles. When people were able to get away from her, she found her next victim. She must be a pretty horrible person to be around if this is how she gets her thrills.

A couple times driving through Nebraska when I was a young adult, going south from South Dakota to Kansas City, there would be a person who would speed up and then slow down in front of me. If you have never been on an Interstate where you actually might not see a car for miles, those exist and this was the case there and then! Daughter and I had that happen to us in Iowa as well. I write down the car make and model and the license plate information. This was long before cell phones. Now I record. Then I would pass, again, and drive fast for a while. I always thought if I was pulled over, I would show the patrolman the information, explain the situation, and take whatever they wanted to do to me.

This rant has been coming for a while; so much so I was going to give it its own thread, but decided not to do that to you all :) its sort of an extension of my earlier thoughts on people expecting stuff for free. So 'Thank You's'. Or lack of. I've been noticing it more and more.

Initially it was from lack of acknowledgment of a letter or card I've sent a few months after a death to people I know. Just to say someone is thinking of them etc and I was here if they needed anything. Firstly I didn't really expect anything other than a text to say 'no I'm fine thanks' I didn't want acknowledgement of the actual note- if that makes sense - just something so I know they weren't - or were- suicidal. In the last two years I've sent five, carefully worded notes.
And then, I heard of a woman looking for blackcurrants. I have loads in the freezer, turns out she was local, so I offered mine. Her husband collected, and I gave strawberry runners and some native flower seedlings I started. I thought , mistakenly, she would shoot a thank you message sometime today, but no. The same for other similar favours I've done. So now I'm cross, because I raised my children to always take the time to send a thank you, or reach out to someone and really why should we always be the ones to go out of our way. I've stopped to let people out when I'm driving, or pulled over if they were driving faster than I was, held doors open etc........... AAArrgghhh. 1st world problems lol.

So now I'm cross, because I raised my children to always take the time to send a thank you, or reach out to someone and really why should we always be the ones to go out of our way.

You would not like me at all then. I always say thank you if someone hands me something for free, but I did not grow up in a house of thank you cards or phone calls of appreciation. Actually I would rather not take anything for free than have to say thank you or send a card. You doing something for me, and me doing something for you in return is where I prefer to exist.

@Snowman I think the "meow" comment was because my cat, Senator Snugglebum, was meowing throughout the video of my siding. He wanted me to pet him. LOL.

I do have siding clips and have some of the cable in siding clips, but some of the cable is no longer in use and needs to be removed. Part of the reason the newest internet cable is not fully in siding clips is because it got stuck up in the tree when we were running it. Once that tree is gone we can properly clip it to the house-- and get rid of extraneous cables.

It's been pointed out to me that the AC people didn't even look for the source of the coolant leak for my AC and I understand why. But I have no idea where to look for it either. he told me he put dye in it and that a black light will show it but shrugged when I asked where to look.

At least I got my brother on board with cleaning while he's unemployed. Although, he lectured me about being "unreasonable" with wanting some of the renovations to be "up to code" and that its perfectly fine if stuff isn't up to code and I told him that no, code is bare minimum and I'm not going to have the work done so badly that it is a danger but he doesn't get that. Apparently our friend said he could fix some stuff but not do it to code and it would be done really badly but up to his standards. Yeah, on his own house that's fine, but I want to have a proper header on my back door and he thinks that is a waste of time/materials. But then, he's always having to fix stuff bc it wasn't done properly in the first place. I don't want us having problems bc of a half-arsed job. Wanting a proper header in a load-bearing wall is not being unreasonable.

Meanwhile, just found out a mutual friend died this morning. She was only 32.

Amish, Oh, I agree that being off her meds and being abused as a child are no excuse for her to repeat the cycle. It might be slightly mitigating in court, but the damning part for her is that the therapist told her that she is dangerous when off her meds and that she HAD to take her meds and that if she didn't she WOULD be abusive to a baby. So if she chose to NOT take her meds while knowing that, then it is on her. She has zero impulse control and goes from being happy to enraged in a split second. If she's been off the meds then I absolutely believe its possible she's the one who hurt the baby. I also think its unlikely that the baby's father hurt the baby given his history of actually taking care of infants and children without incident. But, if he knew she was being abusive and didn't report it, he's on the hook too. but the ex was able to avoid being physically abusive with the oldest infant when she knew people were looking. She would do stuff when she thought no one was looking though. So she knows right from wrong. She has a previous arrest for violence against a minor in the past (although that was self defense bc she was being attacked and the minor was larger and heavier than her) so it won't be a first offense and she's looking at serious jailtime. She was showing signs of growing and improving prior to this so IF she did this then it really sucks that she did that to innocent children & that she essentially threw her life away.

@Snowman I think the "meow" comment was because my cat, Senator Snugglebum, was meowing throughout the video of my siding. He wanted me to pet him. LOL.

I do have siding clips and have some of the cable in siding clips, but some of the cable is no longer in use and needs to be removed. Part of the reason the newest internet cable is not fully in siding clips is because it got stuck up in the tree when we were running it. Once that tree is gone we can properly clip it to the house-- and get rid of extraneous cables.

It's been pointed out to me that the AC people didn't even look for the source of the coolant leak for my AC and I understand why. But I have no idea where to look for it either. he told me he put dye in it and that a black light will show it but shrugged when I asked where to look.

At least I got my brother on board with cleaning while he's unemployed. Although, he lectured me about being "unreasonable" with wanting some of the renovations to be "up to code" and that its perfectly fine if stuff isn't up to code and I told him that no, code is bare minimum and I'm not going to have the work done so badly that it is a danger but he doesn't get that. Apparently our friend said he could fix some stuff but not do it to code and it would be done really badly but up to his standards. Yeah, on his own house that's fine, but I want to have a proper header on my back door and he thinks that is a waste of time/materials. But then, he's always having to fix stuff bc it wasn't done properly in the first place. I don't want us having problems bc of a half-arsed job. Wanting a proper header in a load-bearing wall is not being unreasonable.

Amish, Oh, I agree that being off her meds and being abused as a child are no excuse for her to repeat the cycle. It might be slightly mitigating in court, but the damning part for her is that the therapist told her that she is dangerous when off her meds and that she HAD to take her meds and that if she didn't she WOULD be abusive to a baby. So if she chose to NOT take her meds while knowing that, then it is on her. She has zero impulse control and goes from being happy to enraged in a split second. If she's been off the meds then I absolutely believe its possible she's the one who hurt the baby. I also think its unlikely that the baby's father hurt the baby given his history of actually taking care of infants and children without incident. But, if he knew she was being abusive and didn't report it, he's on the hook too. but the ex was able to avoid being physically abusive with the oldest infant when she knew people were looking. She would do stuff when she thought no one was looking though. So she knows right from wrong. She has a previous arrest for violence against a minor in the past (although that was self defense bc she was being attacked and the minor was larger and heavier than her) so it won't be a first offense and she's looking at serious jailtime. She was showing signs of growing and improving prior to this so IF she did this then it really sucks that she did that to innocent children & that she essentially threw her life away.
Who told you what the therapist said to her? I'm guessing it was her. And I'm guessing she's wanting your sympathy since she called you after this happened. Brittle bone syndrome? Give me a break. I wouldn't believe a word of what either of them said to you. Thank God the baby made it out alive. I'm sure her other children have suffered, too. We had a few children at our school that were in foster care and had been beaten and/or molested by their parents. It is the saddest thing in the whole world. They'll never be normal. And parents made excuses all the time and lied thru their teeth. I called authorities twice on the same single dad, and thankfully...finally, his kids were taken for good. That time it was a sprained arm, a concussion, and a full bite mark on the kid's thigh. There are some very evil people in this world. I've seen it first hand.

You would not like me at all then. I always say thank you if someone hands me something for free, but I did not grow up in a house of thank you cards or phone calls of appreciation. Actually I would rather not take anything for free than have to say thank you or send a card. You doing something for me, and me doing something for you in return is where I prefer to exist.
I hadn't thought of it that way- what you see as 'owing' following a gesture. Fair enough- it's something to consider. As I grew up abroad whenever my family sent me something my Mom made us sit and write a thank you letter. It was a different time, but I also understand now my Grandmother missed us terribly and these letters were important to her. Its just lingered into my adult life.
I do see it though as a further removal of people just being pleasant to each other. I'll get over it 😂

I hadn't thought of it that way- what you see as 'owing' following a gesture. Fair enough- it's something to consider. As I grew up abroad whenever my family sent me something my Mom made us sit and write a thank you letter. It was a different time, but I also understand now my Grandmother missed us terribly and these letters were important to her. Its just lingered into my adult life.
I do see it though as a further removal of people just being pleasant to each other. I'll get over it 😂

Ignore my perspective which is skewed, as always, by growing up with one parents and no grandparents. I never received a letter from anyone and rarely received a gift that was wrapped up. I did however receive kindness from people who I presume felt sorry for me, and I was probably horrible at thanking them and just took whatever they had to offer. I did always try to repay them though, like a neighbor lady who was probably in her 60's across the hallway who would feed me when I went a day or two without. I would take out her trash, or carry in her groceries and mail or chase away other kids who were messing with her flower box.

[cc] didn't work on the Video...!!! 🤣

Went to the grocery store to get some stew meat, was not expecting to pay tenderloin prices. Ended up finding a smallish chuck roast for cheaper than stew meat. What!? I asked an employee about it in the meat section and was told that they charged a premium for cut up meat because "people don't want to cut it up themselves". Then I noticed they also has chicken that was thin sliced and pre-tenderized for 50-60% more than a larger regular chicken breast. How lazy are people getting!?

Went to the grocery store to get some stew meat, was not expecting to pay tenderloin prices. Ended up finding a smallish chuck roast for cheaper than stew meat. What!? I asked an employee about it in the meat section and was told that they charged a premium for cut up meat because "people don't want to cut it up themselves". Then I noticed they also has chicken that was thin sliced and pre-tenderized for 50-60% more than a larger regular chicken breast. How lazy are people getting!?
Don't eat that stuff. Find a farmer and buy part of a cow.

Latest posts

Back