Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people who are replacing the outgoing members will simply undo their idiotic decisions at their first meeting
For executive orders at least. But I don't think pardons work like that. Nor do laws that have been signed - to the best of my knowledge. To repeal the bad law, I think you need to vote on and sign a whole new law to do the repeal. Or get a court to declare the previous law invalid. My understanding may be wrong, but this is the way my brain is remembering things at the moment.

Reactions: Neb
For executive orders at least. But I don't think pardons work like that. Nor do laws that have been signed - to the best of my knowledge. To repeal the bad law, I think you need to vote on and sign a whole new law to do the repeal. Or get a court to declare the previous law invalid. My understanding may be wrong, but this is the way my brain is remembering things at the moment.
I was talking about a local situation. The reversals will be decisions, not laws.

I was talking about a local situation. The reversals will be decisions, not laws.
That part is good. I don't keep up too well on local decisions. Because it doesn't seem they reverse things often around here. Nor do they decide on things all that often either. Our town just seems to putter along. But the adjacent towns seem to be much more active in creating bad city ordinances.

I have no idea what it takes to reverse a city ordinance. I can't recall ever having seen it done, outside of a court order. But I don't pay that much attention - except to the ordinances that affect me directly. Which are mostly gun laws. Most of the ordinances seem to be neither here nor there - they just passed one that is going to create municipal garbage pickup - the same company for the entire town. As opposed to our previous method of 25 different garbage companies roaming the streets. I see pluses and minuses for either way, and that's the way it seems for most ordinances around here, so I don't get all excited about them. Again, except for the ones that affect me directly or are strongly one-sided.

Latest posts

Back