Russia Versus The Ukraine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once before in my lifetime , I picked a side and went to war . This time my strategy is different . I only prepare for the apocalypse and survival of my clan . A Mad Max existence is my focus.

That time has arrived and is just getting started.

Retreating Russians equal closer to going Nuclear .
sorry to pop someones bubble, I am not gonna agree with the rout or the retreat of "the russians" just from this sad video. A few decided to get the hell out of dodge at the wrong/right time since they were being well pointedly bombed by artillery....EVERY intelligent soldier would do the same, I have....their only mistake was to gather in a place absolutely near the last OBSERVED hit from the artillery with a small correction from the drone operator. If they had kept moving as fast as possible and not in a straight line, they would still be alive today.
Sad video for ALL SOLDIERS, to die for nothing, for nobody who cares, in a place nobody knows and nobody who loves you will ever know what really happened. Did you die a hero death or the death of a dog??? Sad indeed.

I suppose it is bad of me to find some of the prepper's comments in a sort of a " gallows humor " . As I have said multiple times I do not side with either Russia or Ukraine . I am not singling anyone out as I have noticed , trying to wish something into becoming reality being prevalent amongst quite a number . I like to face reality . Whistling past the graveyard or believing I can wish something into being reality does not fit into my thinking . -- I don't even predict who will win the Russian / Ukraine conflict . However I do predict if Russia gets desperate enough they " will " launch Nuclear weapons " not just on Ukraine but NATO Countries . --- I can't do a thing to stop the war or aid one side or the other , but what I can do is face the possibility of it " coming to me " in the form of Radiation from Nuclear blasts and the Results from an EMP and prepare for the new world the survivors will find themselves . Understandably some folks are simply scared . I simply look at it as another adventure as I wasn't bulls--tng when I came upon this site claiming to be a prepper .

Last edited:
I suppose it is bad of me to find some of the prepper's comments in a sort of a " gallows humor " . As I have said multiple times I do not side with either Russia or Ukraine . I am not singling anyone out as I have noticed , trying to wish something into becoming reality being prevalent amongst quite a number . I like to face reality . Whistling past the graveyard or believing I can wish something into being reality does not fit into my thinking . -- I don't even predict who will win the Russian / Ukraine conflict . However I do predict if Russia gets desperate enough they " will " launch Nuclear weapons " not just on Ukraine but NATO Countries . --- I can't do a thing to stop the war or aid one side or the other , but what I can do is face the possibility of it " coming to me " in the form of Radiation from Nuclear blasts and the Results from an EMP and prepare for the new world the survivors will find themselves . Understandably some folks are simply scared . I simply look at it as another adventure as I wasn't bulls--tng when I came upon this site claiming to be a prepper .
Yes mate, i feel exactly the same way.

Attachments

• IMG_1554(1).jpg
    IMG_1554(1).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
--- Todays update - Ukraine forces have now broken through Russia's second line of defense and seized a vital railroad line that Russia was using for resupplying its army .

Russian troops shelled in 'disastrous' broad daylight retreat: video I take no joy in posting this video as I am not for neither Russia or Ukraine . However for those that care to view this sad spectacle , note how this is not an organized retreat by the Russians but a full riot . --- Such as this should make preppers aware the likely-hood of going full prepper mode for members may be near . Retreating Russians equal closer to going Nuclear .

This video makes me wonder a few things. Hopefully people like @GaRp58 can help.

Seems the best move they made was getting into the trees, but moving around outside the canopy proved fatal. Do those drones also have FLIR tech? What should they have done better? If there were no trees, how often should they zig and zag while running? 50 feet, 100? 45 degrees, 30?

How much money did that ammo cost that took them out? The whole thing is sad. These guys died while a few are making tens of millions off of it.

Definitely, it takes several seconds to get info from the drone operator, (with IR and heat capabilities) to get the coordinates to the artillery, a few seconds to get the weaponed re-aimed and depending on the distance up to 20 seconds for the impact to be watched and again corrected...if they had been running down the road or thru the field at about 10 mph/15kph (5 meters per second), in 20 seconds, they could have been 100 meters further down range from the impact of the second round which only has a "kill radius" of about 40 meters. Even if their movement could and would be calculated and the fire adjusted to "meet" them further down the road, if they continued in a straight line...they could have zig-zagged their way to safety with some luck, dropping any extra weight and making a real run for it. Which angle of zig-zag does not matter, what is of importance is to NOT DO THE SAME THING TWICE IN ROW to not give the forward observers a chance to see any type of plan in your escape.
Each shell costs about $800,00.

--- Today's war update - This link will be more appealing to the individual with a tactical military mind . -- Not on the video link but will add Puttin's dash to meet South Korea's leader to broker a deal for more weapons will not effect this fall's military operation . Puttin can not rush the desperately needed weaponry to the combat line in Ukraine before this years ground fighting season bogs down in the mud from the upcoming rainy season . -- In the meantime it appears the Russians trying to slow Ukraine's advancements are on the verge of a full collapse allowing Ukraine forces to make a very large advancement overrunning Russian positions over the coming weeks . -- It is not unconceivable that Ukraine will be controlling a large swath of Crimea when it is time to halt advancements and dig in and fortify positions for the winter . -- At some point I expect the whole thing to go Nuclear .

Last edited:
--- I had to back this one up and relisten to make sure I didn't misunderstand . Russian infantry turning and running to get away from the advancing Ukraine ground troops , were shelled by their own army killing many . Yes Russia shelled their own troops . --- Sadly many and likely most of Russians that have been placed on the front lines are there to replace Russian personnel already killed . They do not even want to fight Ukraine's army . They are scooped up civilians off the streets that are being forced to face Ukraine's wrath . --- Ukraine's advancements are speeding up .

I did not notice the link above revealing where the battle over the train took place . However it most likely took place inside of Russia . That is significant in itself that Ukraine could conduct such an operation inside Russia and then safely retreat back into Ukraine .

After pondering about that last link will throw out there a " question mark " as to whether that link is an outright lie or the truth , but we will likely know within a few days .

Russian troops shelled in 'disastrous' broad daylight retreat: video I take no joy in posting this video as I am not for neither Russia or Ukraine . However for those that care to view this sad spectacle , note how this is not an organized retreat by the Russians but a full riot . --- Such as this should make preppers aware the likely-hood of going full prepper mode for members may be near . Retreating Russians equal closer to going Nuclear .
Yes, Russia is not running smoothly, but you should be aware that Russia can still recruit a few hundred thousand people if necessary, Ukraine has no more men and is now recruiting women as cannon fodder.:mad:

Putin is so far only so "restrained" in terms of hard military strikes because he still hopes that he can win Europe through that again as a friend, but that will have limits.
If Putin sees that with the friendship so or so nothing more will strike the Russian army really mercilessly, if Putin is eliminated internally because his generals find he is too nice, another will come to power and Ukraine will be wiped out on the same day and World War 3 will also start on the same day if the West has a problem with that.

Even if I am not in everything friend of Putin, we can be somehow grateful that there is still the guy, with any other Russian president would have flown us long ago everything around the ears.

Enough for today, I'm still busy with many things, maybe I look in a few days again here.

--- I do not stand behind this information as to whether it is correct or another lie . This source is saying Puttin has had " a nervous breakdown " an ambulance came and took him to a hospital .

One of Hitler's blunders during WW2 was grossly under estimating Russia and there capabilities.
There is a difference in defending your own homeland vs. invading another person's homeland. Hitler did screw up underestimating Russia. They were defending their homes and families. The war in the Ukraine is a totally different story.

It is becoming more evident that many do not want to know what is actually going on with the war and the escalation of World War Three . Therefore I will stop posting . Good luck to you all .

Here is the thing...war is coming. I think we can feel it in our gut. The daily tit-for tat, the small picture, won't change what we must do to be ready. We can't do anything to stop it at this point, only to prepare for what we know is coming.
I have always liked the line in the Serenity prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Speaking for myself, it isn't that your efforts are not appreciated, only that at this point, I am more focused on the things I can control, the things I can change....things like getting more ready, for more people than just my own, for what is coming.

You are coming from a perspective where you are shored up. Mission accomplished.

I feel a little less secure in that. There is just so much more I wish I could afford to do in terms of time and money. In terms of a sinking ship, I have put on my own life vest, have a reserved seat on a lifeboat, now, how can I help others?

I think also, that is what you are trying to do by posting but, it is a little bit of preaching to the choir that already has the message. Perhaps it will help wake up some non members that stumble across the thread, who are not attune to what is coming though?

I ask each day for the wisdom to know what should be on that list and not to become distracted from my mission (I have raging ADHD and it is a constant battle).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back