...STINTS... Anyone Have Them ??Y

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have Stints ??

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Know someone who does

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tim Horton

Old Bush Bear
Neighbor
Yesterday... 10/4/24... I got my first heart stint... They said early last summer I needed this, but since I was in the process at the moment of getting cataracts fixed they said wait.. Cataracts done and doing well, so yesterday was the day.. In at 7am.. Done by 10am.. Napped for a couple hours and said ...can I go home..?? Not today was the answer.. So I spent a restless night of them poking and prodding me about every time I dozed off like they do in hospitals...

Got out a bit after noon today.. No problems other than my wrist and crook of my arm are black and blue about the size each of my palm.. A dose of Tylenol and a good nap here at home and I doing good.. Other than bruising a little tender...

Anyone with experience ??

They will want to put you on meds for the rest of your life. I wished I had been a little more skeptical about what actually is necessary vs what their textbook says. No two patients are alike but the prescriptions probably are.

Glad you are doing good.. please update how you are doing.

I'm having a heart cath Wednesday and will get stents, if they can. Told me to plan on spending the night if they do. Already been told ill probly be on 3 or 4 meds, maybe more rest of my life

They will want to put you on meds for the rest of your life. I wished I had been a little more skeptical about what actually is necessary vs what their textbook says. No two patients are alike but the prescriptions probably are.
First off I have 3 stents. No problem with them other than when they took me off my anti coagulants. I am one of the unluck ones that coagulant quite well, another heart attack. THEN they said I'll be on them the rest of my life. So far I've not missed a day, so far I haven't had another heart attack. And that's from a guy who's family's male line all die from heart attacks, generally before they are 50. I'm a lot older than 50 btw. Take the drugs!

Glad you are doing well. I had a heart cath last winter, but no stent. Got my cholesterol back in norms, triglicerides still a little high, like 195, but I hope to be down to 175 by my checkup in Dec. Hoping to delay anything invasive for a few more years.

One full week with the stent on board now... Can't say I feel any different, but I do seem to have more stamina.. On senior discount day I marched through 2 thrift stores and a grocery store with only about 5-10 minutes driving time between stores.. Didn't find any bargains, but you never know if you don't look.. I will admit an hours nap after getting home did feel good..

I'm not addicted to coffee... I'm a caffeine based life form...

Had a stent put in the widowmaker (LAD) artery 21 months ago. I went to the emergency room with chest pain and actually had a heart attack while they were monitoring me. My troponin was normal when I got there but shot up while they were monitoring me and after checking everything again they told me I was having a heart attack. 99% blockage in the LAD artery. The blood clot causing it was from the COVID Vax. (J&J vax, not mRNA). Symptoms started 7 days after the vax and my lot was #20 on the list on HowBadIsMyBatch.com (out of many thousands of lots)

Was on three meds for thinning and statins for cholesterol. Now on one prescription thinner and have a prescription for low dose aspirin but I take OTC low dose aspirin. I got off the statins and self administer a shot of Repatha twice a month.
I have to periodically fight the insurance company over the Repatha and the blood thinner, both cost thousands of dollars. After the last row over the blood thinner I contacted the drug company and they are helping pay for it now.
BP and cholesterol are now normal

Last edited:
Five stints, two the first time and three a couple years later. The stints are way better than my double bypass. When they split your sternum it takes several weeks to heal.

If you are talking about the thing they put in your artery to hold it open, it's "stent" with an "e"...

A "stint" is a period of time spent at a particular activity.

And the stints will be there for the rest of your life too. But I consider that better than dying.
Your comment added no value to this conversation. I do find it interested you chose to leave out the part about asking questions and doing your own research. Which was my suggestion from actual experience.

Actually, that is a big concern for me. It is a drug eluting stent, as most are, but what about when all the drug wears off? Historically speaking, stents don't work forever. Maybe these new ones do, but I don't like that specter hanging over me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back