The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
told ya...... !
Oh boy, the plot thickens!

Happy for you both, Marsh!!

Yeah I still don't really understand it all and feel like I was sort of swept up in a whirlwind of feminine wiles. At the same time I either didn't resist or didn't want to resist. I just know that she is different than every lady that came before her, we have a very deep connection, we compliment each other very well and I have no desire to be apart from her now or in the future. Also, she is a wildcat in the bedroom, one should never undersell that attribute.

Love her because you love her, marry her for the money!!
you are something else...just never know whats coming out of your mouth.....lol

Last edited:
Love her because you love her, marry her for the money!!

I read that to the lady a little bit ago and she said "Hell yeah, let's do it! The courthouse and the banks are open tomorrow!". Now she keeps teasing me "Deluxe wife, includes free guns and a second Challenger!" and "What will take to get you into a wedding ring? $100,000? $250,000? Every man has his price!"

I read that to the lady a little bit ago and she said "Hell yeah, let's do it! The courthouse and the banks are open tomorrow!". Now she keeps teasing me "Deluxe wife, includes free guns and a second Challenger!" and "What will take to get you into a wedding ring? $100,000? $250,000? Every man has his price!"
GO FOR IT!!

Pretty sure you got it already!!
i think THEY got EVERYTHING ...the heart and mind first and everything else followed along.

Now we just have to set a date! 🤔
I think we need to let them just live like they are right now and get adjusted....you and i can call a board meeting after first of year...say january 15th and we see how it is then...if thats ok with you.

I think we need to let them just live like they are right now and get adjusted....you and i can call a board meeting after first of year...say january 15th and we see how it is then...if thats ok with you.
Nope!! He needs to get married BEFORE she buys a house!! No time to wait Elkie, we have a wedding to plan!

Nope!! He needs to get married BEFORE she buys a house!! No time to wait Elkie, we have a wedding to plan!
we may need a board meeting next week and have a vote and maybe get and outside arbitration if we cant get a solid vote.

Or, and I think this plan has some real merit, we just don't. We just sign the domestic partnership papers, send them off in the mail and we are good to go. We exchange symbolic rings at home, I start calling her ma'am and make sure dinner is on the table when she gets home. If she wants to provide me with $400-500 a week spending money and a 2024 Challenger Hemi package, I will accept it graciously. It will also make me want me to do 100 crunches every weekday and keep myself in full trophy-mate status.

Or, and I think this plan has some real merit, we just don't. We just sign the domestic partnership papers, send them off in the mail and we are good to go. We exchange symbolic rings at home, I start calling her ma'am and make sure dinner is on the table when she gets home. If she wants to provide me with $400-500 a week spending money and a 2024 Challenger Hemi package, I will accept it graciously. It will also make me want me to do 100 crunches every weekday and keep myself in full trophy-mate status.
When you come right down to it, what is the difference?

The lady told me a couple weeks back that the next time she said the L word, she was really going to mean it. And she did. She said it and I completely believed that she meant it. What she did not indicate however how often she was going to say it. I have no experience with telling people you love them, but it seems like once covers it. If I tell someone their are an idiot, I just let 'em know and we all move on. Declaration made, info received, life goes on. When I was going off to war my pops said "you know... uh, that... you know that I..." and I just said "Yeah, I know. Me too." and that covered it for the 19 years before hand and the 24 year since. It seems that is not the same when it comes to women and love. I think she is at 137 and counting, to include the text messages she sent me today. Am I suppose to repeat it back every time she says or texts it? Are the rules like the Marco Polo game? Does she win something if she says it more than me? Can one no longer just say goodbye on the phone when the call is over? I thought this whole I love you thing was going to be the top of the hill and it would be all easy street after that. I was obviously wrong. It has only gotten more complicated.

You don't have to say it as often as she does! You do need to throw it out there once in a while! She now feels free to use the word, and she means it! And yes, in the secret book of women she wins something if she says it more!

Well she has a hell of a good start at whatever the prize is. I am in 3rd place and there are only two of us in this race.

I have already learned that if she says "I love you" at the end of a phone call, and I respond "Yeah I know". We are going to both just sit on the phone in silence until I say "I love you too". Then we can say goodbye and hang up.

The lady told me a couple weeks back that the next time she said the L word, she was really going to mean it. And she did. She said it and I completely believed that she meant it. What she did not indicate however how often she was going to say it. I have no experience with telling people you love them, but it seems like once covers it. If I tell someone their are an idiot, I just let 'em know and we all move on. Declaration made, info received, life goes on. When I was going off to war my pops said "you know... uh, that... you know that I..." and I just said "Yeah, I know. Me too." and that covered it for the 19 years before hand and the 24 year since. It seems that is not the same when it comes to women and love. I think she is at 137 and counting, to include the text messages she sent me today. Am I suppose to repeat it back every time she says or texts it? Are the rules like the Marco Polo game? Does she win something if she says it more than me? Can one no longer just say goodbye on the phone when the call is over? I thought this whole I love you thing was going to be the top of the hill and it would be all easy street after that. I was obviously wrong. It has only gotten more complicated.
Well if I tell my husband that I love him and he doesn't tell me it back it bothers me! I can't speak for all women though!

Well if I tell my husband that I love him and he doesn't tell me it back it bothers me! I can't speak for all women though!

So does that mean you are saying it because you feel it, or are you saying it because you want to hear it? Not criticizing, I just don't understand all this stuff. People get married and just say "I do" once and they're good to go until someone says "I don't".

Just say it once in awhile before She does... :lightbulb:

Just say it once in awhile before She does... :lightbulb:

Actually she walked in the door like 15 minutes ago, kissed me and left to make her way to the bedroom. I shouted "Love you!" down the hallway and she shouted back "Yeah I know". Guess I won't be living that down any time soon. She did however come back and tell me I didn't need "to get into my headspace" about the whole 'I love you" thing. Then she told me that in the word of id, ego, and superego she realized I am basically primal and would happily receive whatever affection I was able muster. Then she climbed on top of me, looked me right in the eyes and said "I LOVE YOU. And I am going to keep on saying it, over and over and over again". Then I said back "Okay, thanks". Then she attacked me. So it seems she wants more than she claims. Women are like Rubix cubes with all the colored stickers pulled off.

Latest posts

Back