This weeks preps check-in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, what DO you call the vest of a three piece suit? Or do you even have three piece suits???
3158585_fpx.tif

That sir is a gentlemans Waistcoat. And three piece suits are a british invention .

Tilled in a bunch of manure into one of the greenhouse beds yesterday. Planted some lettuces and radishes in a third of it. Thinking of carrots and beets, but have loads of them canned allready. Got some more painting done on the sun room and finished the last of the framing on the new place for the kids. We started wiring some too. Overall a good day.

BTW, what DO you call the vest of a three piece suit? Or do you even have three piece suits???
3158585_fpx.tif
FYI that is a dreadfully badly cut suit, sleeves too short, jacket too short in length, waistcoat too short, you dont wear a belt with a suit, breast pocket slightly too high, and usually with thin lapels the jacket pockets are often slanted slightly. Oh and the guy clearly cannot tie a tie.

I think someone moved the buttons on my suits. They seem to be tighter than they used to be... Oh well, they didn't get much action anymore anyways.

Me too, at my mums recent funeral I needed to move the buttons on the trousers nearly an inch just to get em fastened. I think suits must shrink in the ward robe :)

I've started prepping for Christmas.:D

Usually we have a homemade and home grown affair but as the move interrupted production and as I have what can only be described as a oversized food wamer instead of an oven,(it's so bad I bought a tabletop halogen oven) I haven't made anything!
So I hit the shops this morning and placed an order with the butcher, just the veg to get. I have no idea why people go into meltdown.

Usually we have a homemade and home grown affair but as the move interrupted production and as I have what can only be described as a oversized food wamer instead of an oven,(it's so bad I bought a tabletop halogen oven) I haven't made anything!
So I hit the shops this morning and placed an order with the butcher, just the veg to get. I have no idea why people go into meltdown.
Christmas is going to be pretty simple around here this year. Just me and the dog, and he's easy to shop for. The wife is spending Christmas up north this year and won't be home until mid January. I'll probably grill a couple steaks for me and the mutt.

Christmas already prepped, turkey already dead and lightly smoked and now sets in the freezer. Lisa bought me a case of whiskey for one of my Christmas gifts though she pulled a bottle out and set it on the bar with the instructions I can't open it till Christmas... What kind of human does that to another human :(

IMG_2775.JPG

Christmas already prepped, turkey already dead and lightly smoked and now sets in the freezer. Lisa bought me a case of whiskey for one of my Christmas gifts though she pulled a bottle out and set it on the bar with the instructions I can't open it till Christmas... What kind of human does that to another human :(

View attachment 6390

Did I hear a cough? Well there was definitely a sniff. That's it! You need to start medicating immediately!!!!!:D
I'm sure your good lady wouldn't mind if it was medicinal:)

Last edited:

View attachment 6390
I'm jealous. I'm a Scotch enthusiast myself but that bourbon looks mighty fine too. Just pair it up with a good Cohiba Esplendido, some raw oyster's, a rare steak and life would be almost perfect.

I'm jealous. I'm a Scotch enthusiast myself but that bourbon looks mighty fine too. Just pair it up with a good Cohiba Esplendido, some raw oyster's, a rare steak and life would be almost perfect.

Wife the Scotch drinker, she prefers (in this order) Ballantine's, Glenfiddich, Johnnie Walker black label and sometimes red label but not a big fan of the red. I will drink Ballantine's but I'm not a major fan of Scotch. Southern made Bourbon my gig :)

FYI that is a dreadfully badly cut suit, sleeves too short, jacket too short in length, waistcoat too short, you dont wear a belt with a suit, breast pocket slightly too high, and usually with thin lapels the jacket pockets are often slanted slightly. Oh and the guy clearly cannot tie a tie.
Damned British are always so proper! Lol. I personally am not comfortable in a suit and would prefer a good pair of jeans any day.

It has turned into such a production now. Isn't the idea just to have friends and family together?

It has turned into such a production now. Isn't the idea just to have friends and family together?

We're a bit behind this year. We at least finally got the trees up last weekend, and some decorations, but aren't bothering with outside lights this year. (we do a pretty blue and white tree in the dining room, with all blue, white and silver ornaments....then a regular green tree in the family room, which has all of the geeky nerdy ornaments and family ornaments, etc....then a smaller 5' tree in the stables, and two small 4' trees flanking the front doors).

Family dinner will be just us 4 as everyone has plans with their own families, so we aren't making a huge production of it. We'll do a standing rib roast, some gravy, potatoes, carrots, onions, and some other fun holiday food that I'm blanking on at the moment.

D
We're a bit behind this year. We at least finally got the trees up last weekend, and some decorations, but aren't bothering with outside lights this year. (we do a pretty blue and white tree in the dining room, with all blue, white and silver ornaments....then a regular green tree in the family room, which has all of the geeky nerdy ornaments and family ornaments, etc....then a smaller 5' tree in the stables, and two small 4' trees flanking the front doors).

Family dinner will be just us 4 as everyone has plans with their own families, so we aren't making a huge production of it. We'll do a standing rib roast, some gravy, potatoes, carrots, onions, and some other fun holiday food that I'm blanking on at the moment.
Doing the same on the standing rib roast as I got two on sale at about 25% off. Don't know what else yet, but around here everything revolves around a dead animal part....
My only splurge this year was I went shopping today and bought five baskets. Then I got all kinds of things to put in them, the expensive kinds of things I rarely buy for myself, like high end cheeses, nuts, candies, champaign, etc. I'm going to give these out to my top five customers that give us lots of work. I've learned that in business it's good to spread a little Christmas joy.

Nice. I'm still undecided on what to get our horse boarders. Nothing too crazy, as budget is tight, but we always like to do something for them.

You should add in some of your own made wine Brent!

Nice. I'm still undecided on what to get our horse boarders. Nothing too crazy, as budget is tight, but we always like to do something for them.

You should add in some of your own made wine Brent!
The last time I gave a bottle of wine to a customer he was offended and told me all about loosing family members to alcoholism. Bummer.... I've learned to test the waters first now. Anyways, this was 300 bucks of treats. Well worth the investment!
image.jpeg

Me too providing they are boot cut Levi 501, anything else is simply pass'e Dear heart :) :0 :)
funny, I seem to recall you saying you are too old for jeans and didn't want to end up looking like Clarkson!!!:D:D

Wife the Scotch drinker, she prefers (in this order) Ballantine's, Glenfiddich, Johnnie Walker black label and sometimes red label but not a big fan of the red. I will drink Ballantine's but I'm not a major fan of Scotch. Southern made Bourbon my gig :)
Your wife has good taste. My Scotch of choice now is Dalmore 25 year old. Only because I can't afford Dalmore 40 any more.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Bought some Christmas presents for myself. A lot of my tools are getting old now, so am trying to upgrade some. I also got a 7" grinder/polisher, three bow saws with extra blades, and a new 60 tooth blade for the 12" sliding chop saw. All good stuff for the handyman in me. The bow saws were a just in case thing as I really like my chainsaw for firewood gathering. Seriously hope I never need to use the darn things.

Got my copy of 'one second after' yesterday. Made it to page 150 last night. So far a really enjoyable read. Lying in bed with a good book is a great way to end the day. A good woman would be better..... :)

better order One Year after NOW then cos you will want it before Crimbo.

Latest posts

Back