USD Going digital-Not a conspiracy theory

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our decent into tyranny is complete when the dollar is replaced by digital.

Then the government can control EVERY aspect of your life.
I don't know what all the fuss is about.
95% of all financial transactions have been electronic (digital) for years.
Ever heard of 'tap&pay'? Even the 'stick your chip-card' (digital) is being phased out :(.
Even decades ago, if you got a 'paycheck', it was sent 'direct-deposit' (digital) from the employer's account to yours.:rolleyes:
Try to name something you must use cash for?
The only things I can think of is, paying drug-dealers or immigrants, or hiring the neighbor kid to do chores.

I wonder how many digital cash threads we can have in one forum?

Apparently if some cannot see the evil writing on the wall, then there isn't going to be enough threads to make them consider a different perspective. Don't worry.......it's all fine. Who needs cash when there's people out there like Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates and the rest of those fine folks out there to make sure all is well?

I wonder how many digital cash threads we can have in one forum?

Apparently if some cannot see the evil writing on the wall, then there isn't going to be enough threads to make them consider a different perspective. Don't worry.......it's all fine. Who needs cash when there's people out there like Klaus Schwab, Bill Gates and the rest of those fine folks out there to make sure all is well?
This one was an 'extra' that was imported from DPF.

If a cashless society is coming, it's coming. Better come up with some way to deal with it if you've convinced yourself it's such a certainty. I don't want a cashless society - even though I never really touch cash myself these days - however, I don't think a cashless society in our lifetime is a forgone conclusion. But if you do, it's time to figure out how you plan to navigate it. If you're convinced that it's coming, and we need to do everything we can to fight it, better come up with a plan B because you're not going to stop it (remember? you're convinced it's inevitable).

Sometime in the future - unknown timeframe at present - I also predict the entire world will be cashless. Too many SciFi movies have included this theme in their plots that it just has to happen (sometime). I personally don't think that sometime is any time soon, but I could be wrong. That's never happened before, but there's always a first time! ;)

If a cashless society is coming, it's coming. Better come up with some way to deal with it if you've convinced yourself it's such a certainty. I don't want a cashless society - even though I never really touch cash myself these days - however, I don't think a cashless society in our lifetime is a forgone conclusion. But if you do, it's time to figure out how you plan to navigate it. If you're convinced that it's coming, and we need to do everything we can to fight it, better come up with a plan B because you're not going to stop it (remember? you're convinced it's inevitable).

Sometime in the future - unknown timeframe at present - I also predict the entire world will be cashless. Too many SciFi movies have included this theme in their plots that it just has to happen (sometime). I personally don't think that sometime is any time soon, but I could be wrong. That's never happened before, but there's always a first time! ;)
Oh fear not! Cash ain't going away any time soon.:thumbs:
We just imported 20-million 'guarantees' that will only work for cash, and the govt can't 'digitize' them. :)

More than 80% of my grocery's receipts are digital in one way or another. This month the percentages are roughly:
15% cash
39% Credit
17% Phone Apps
24% Debit
5% Food Stamps/SNAP
Of the credit cards, most are VISA, and then a small percentage of the other cards. We still get thousands in cash daily, but a good part of that is paid out for local produce and many of our local suppliers prefer cash.

More than 80% of my grocery's receipts are digital in one way or another. This month the percentages are roughly:
15% cash
39% Credit
17% Phone Apps
24% Debit
5% Food Stamps/SNAP
Of the credit cards, most are VISA, and then a small percentage of the other cards. We still get thousands in cash daily, but a good part of that is paid out for local produce and many of our local suppliers prefer cash.
You only got 10% more to get up to average.;)
Most of the people screaming about the country going cashless (digital) are using it to avoid paying taxes on income, or if they're retired, to keep their SS from getting dinged.
My brother was a master at this.
He had several houses that he rented out, cash-only. Every month he would go to the bank, plop down a big pile of cash, and pay the mortgages on them.
On the govt books, he had $0 in income.:D

Most of the people screaming about the country going cashless (digital) are using it to avoid paying taxes on income, or if they're retired, to keep their SS from getting dinged.
You keep saying this but there's no way you can prove it. I use cash ALL the time and I'm not avoiding anything. I LIKE my privacy and it's not b/c I'm doing something wrong. I use it so that we don't lose it. I earned it and I'll spend it how I damn well please and NOT how the govt' wants me to. Once you give up that freedom, it's gone forever. It's the ultimate thumb on the people that would be used to control income and spending. You will own nothing and YOU WILL LIKE IT! I will not be a part of passing that on to the younger generations.

You think it's hard to buy guns and ammo now? Well......you just wait. Those are the tools that we were provided by our founding fathers to fight tyranny and they WILL be gone so the tyranny can flourish......like a frog in boiling water.

Are some people using cash to avoid taxes? Well....duh! Perhaps we can just get rid of the taxes and not the cash, eh? Perhaps we could deport the illegals instead of stabbing ourselves in the foot? The problems you mention with cash can be handled at the root cause.....getting rid of cash is NOT the answer.....but the tyrants love that you think it is.

The misnomer that anyone and everyone who uses cash are doing so for nefarious purposes is bogus. You realize that this will be the 'talking point' that pushes the digital currency on us all, right? You know......so everyone will pay their fair share! How well does that ever work out for middle class Americans???

Ever heard of 'tap&pay'? Even the 'stick your chip-card' (digital) is being phased out :(.
Even decades ago, if you got a 'paycheck', it was sent 'direct-deposit' (digital) from the employer's account to yours.:rolleyes:
The only things I can think of is, paying drug-dealers or immigrants, or hiring the neighbor kid to do chores.
The local ice cream shop is cash only.

Ben

I earned it and I'll spend it how I damn well please and NOT how the govt' wants me to.
"The government will tell you how to spend your money." (paraphrased from your above quote) What is your statement based on? Pure speculation? Or do you have examples, evidence, proof that this will happen? Why the hand-wringing?

"Could" it happen? Of course. But then, the government "could" drop a nuclear bomb on us too. They've got plenty of the things. And they're probably in a better position to nuke us than to take away our cash.

"The government will tell you how to spend your money." (paraphrased from your above quote) What is your statement based on? Pure speculation? Or do you have examples, evidence, proof that this will happen? Why the hand-wringing?

"Could" it happen? Of course. But then, the government "could" drop a nuclear bomb on us too. They've got plenty of the things. And they're probably in a better position to nuke us than to take away our cash.
If they nuke us, then they don't have theiir slaves, nor would they have land to rule over. They don't fix toilets, haul logs, make TP, raise livestock, grow food, etc. They need people to do these things for them. It would be a different form of slavery than we have ever seen before, but it would still be slavery.

We've had numerous threads on a cashless society on this forum. If you can't see where this is all heading, then I surly can't help you.

We've had numerous threads on a cashless society on this forum. If you can't see where this is all heading, then I surly can't help you.
I'm not looking for help. I'm just trying to understand how people have come to "know where this is heading". It seems to me that people have predicted that government control of personal spending could happen (which it can, many other things can happen as well), and now it's all scare mongering that it will happen. I was asking to see if you (or anyone) had any examples or evidence that this is coming about. This predicted unfolding of events is not so obvious that it doesn't require any evidence or proof. Which appears to be how it is being presented.

Reactions: Neb
Ask the truckers about their frozen bank accounts. Ask the donors to the cause, why their money was stolen, twice, and it was made illegal to donate. If you trust the government to not punish you for not having the correct opinion, you could be in for a rude awakening, but maybe you will always manage to stay on the correct side of an ever changing line, so no worries, eeh?

Last edited:
I use cash for lots things. Why would you assume that cash is only for buying drugs or for illegal aliens? Examples of using cash? Cattle, hay, used equipment, grocery store, gas stations whenever their damn computer goes down, friends, family and neighbors, the farmers market, etc. The list is nearly endless. My parents were still getting their SS checks by mail up until the day they died. They didn't trust direct deposit. Up until I retired, I had a choice, paycheck or direct deposit. I choose the paycheck.

I use cash whenever I want to. No excuse needed. The government got rid of the $500, $1,000, and higher bills because of the excuse that only drug dealers used currency in those higher denominations. I'd use them now if they were available, and I don't need to justify to anyone why. There's been talk about dumping the $100 bill for the same reason. Yes I know, we'll never see a $500 bill again.
Years ago when I bought a house, I asked the bank to write me a check for the amount of purchase. They wanted to charge me for the check! That made me mad so I closed out all of my accounts and paid cash for the house. I think I was 19 at the time.

Last edited:
we pay for things provided by private people with cash, like hay or firewood. Everything else is on credit card. I think if there was no cash payments people could do things like ask the neighbor you get hay from " what do you want me to buy you at the store for this hay" and get around it that way. A sort of barter.

I tip my hat to you! At 19 I had to mooch money to buy a beer (the drinking age was 18 in Texas at that time).
That might be why I had $$ to buy a house with. I rarely drank anything, only smoked an occasional cigar, didn't party and worked evey bit of OT I could get. Was married and had our first baby at 19 also.

we pay for things provided by private people with cash, like hay or firewood. Everything else is on credit card. I think if there was no cash payments people could do things like ask the neighbor you get hay from " what do you want me to buy you at the store for this hay" and get around it that way. A sort of barter.
Can you imagine trying to barter for $50,000 worth of hay? Not going to happen. Or sell a calf or two on credit? I don't accept credit cards.

I took a nap, (that's baaad, mmmkay) and woke up thinking about something DT said...
In his speech to the bitcoin people, he said he wants to set up a Bitcoin Federal Reserve.
This IS exactly a digital currency. :oops:
(You have to watch the long version of his speech to hear him say it)
So, if you want to rattle the cage of one of his supporters, talk about this.
(I embedded the video to keep this thread non-political)

Last edited:
Can you imagine trying to barter for $50,000 worth of hay? Not going to happen. Or sell a calf or two on credit? I don't accept credit cards.
you could buy a car or something but I think people that have that large a farm business to buy that much hay will probably not pay cash now, most people don't want to carry $50000 around
I was talking about small farmers and people cutting hay on the side , not as their main business
A commercial large farm probably pays with checks or credit card for stuff , not cash

you could buy a car or something but I think people that have that large a farm business to buy that much hay will probably not pay cash now, most people don't want to carry $50000 around
I was talking about small farmers and people cutting hay on the side , not as their main business
A commercial large farm probably pays with checks or credit card for stuff , not cash
I buy all my hay and feed with cash. Some years I have bought 100 ton or more. It's not unusual around here. Even a small ranch will feed a couple hundred ton of hay in the winter. A 200 head herd can go through 450 of hay during winter.

oh i think it was last year the banks said that 60some percent of all transactions in the u.s. are made with cash.

I took a nap, (that's baaad, mmmkay) and woke up thinking about something DT said...
In his speech to the bitcoin people, he said he wants to set up a Bitcoin Federal Reserve.
This IS exactly a digital currency. :oops:
(You have to watch the long version of his speech to hear him say it)
So, if you want to rattle the cage of one of his supporters, talk about this.
(I embedded the video to keep this thread non-political)
I heard bits and pieces of that speech too. I don't think DJT is our savior or that he has all the answers. However, he is far better than the alternative at this point. Who knows? Maybe somehow that will change? I don't know how, but nothing is impossible......especially in this crazy world we are living in now.

I didn't hear him say that Bitcoin would be the ONLY medium of currency. Right now the FED just keeps printing more and more cash making our fiat less and less valuable every day. I think he may be thinking that if the banking system was rooted in a system like BitCoin they (Central Banks) coudln't do that. I still have a problem with it, but as long as cash was still an option of exchange, then it wouldn't be a whole lot different than what we have now. Our currency is being manipulated whether I like it or not, even if I use cash......which is what I will keep on doing.

I buy all my hay and feed with cash. Some years I have bought 100 ton or more. It's not unusual around here. Even a small ranch will feed a couple hundred ton of hay in the winter. A 200 head herd can go through 450 of hay during winter.
we buy around 10 tons of hay, but not all at the same time, it's usually around $600 a load or so. That was my point, I doubt most people buy $50000 worth of hay at one time and in cash. I would imagine they will pay at least with a check . if you pay cash, that's probably unusual

Week before last Crowd-strike who does all Microsoft windows updates for Point Of Sale terminals here in Australia did an epic stuff up and sent a dodgy update resulting in a lot of BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) happening right across our country rendering Eftpos (digital card payments) useless for anywhere between 8-12 hours that same day with a lot of businesses still struggling to get back online early last week

It seems that cash payments will still be around for quite a while here in Australia even though a big chunk of our population use bank and credit cards

They (the Government) seems to have forgotten this Nation of ours was founded by revolution. They also think we won't do it again. Should we go cashless I see black markets popping up by both good and evil proprietors. The Cartels made billions by illegal trade of one form or another which would go poof over night. Gold, what would happen to the price of gold? I am a lifetime member of the Gold Prospectors Assn. of America. Gold is traded and used to barter now without Gov. oversight. Will the Gov make gold mining and owning illegal again? I can see using a digital dollar for foreign transactions, dealing with other countries but not for domestic use.

Latest posts

Back