Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heavy rain all night; beautiful this morning, but the country roads are flooded in places, and some of the towns up north and very down south. The football went ahead though! Storm Ciaran now heading our way
1698829408373.png

Cold, clear, crisp, quiet morning, 28°, should drop a couple more! Heading for the mid 50's.
Same here, but we are starting at 26. Not supposed to hit 50 until 3:00.

Got up a half-hour early, 44° but blue skies and the wind is no longer 'fierce'.
I stood in the sunshine a lot, but still cold.
Since I can find something good in everything - hey, ZERO mosquitos! :thumbs:

This past Monday night we got 2 to 4" of wet cotton ball snow flakes across the mid part of the state.. Streets were clear and dry by mid morning Tuesday.. Still some icy spots in 24/7 shade on a few streets.. Supposed to warm to high 40s by the weekend..

I have had vivid flashbacks of the Halloween blizzard of 1991... It started mid afternoon, 3 days later to clear leaving 38" of snow... I had 2 small kids in costumes over snow suits on a sled to go to the neighbors for treats..

Beautiful day in my parts. Suppose to be mid 80's today and low 50's tonight. No A/C needed, and no heater needed!
That's what I call "the magic month" :D.
Everybody likes it but the power company, because it makes their revenue nosedive.
Boo hoo!:LOL:

Last edited:
Well the storm totally passed us by- I went to a reading last night and all the floods had disappeared; it was freezing by ten when I came home. Lovely and clear today- about -1 I'd say, so hoping to get my bluebell bulbs into the ground before the rain returns

Well the storm totally passed us by- I went to a reading last night and all the floods had disappeared; it was freezing by ten when I came home. Lovely and clear today- about -1 I'd say, so hoping to get my bluebell bulbs into the ground before the rain returns
I was thinking about you!! That storm was/is really bad, glad it missed you!!

Pouring buckets 🪣 most of the day with gusts of wind 💨 to keep things interesting. Had about a hundred killdeers out front bathing in the puddles like they had sense.
Been watching your rain, wow!! 75° here today, warmer each day through Wednesday! Pool float tomorrow!!

After several days in the mid to upper 80's, a cold front has arrived!! 60° right now, dropping into the 40's through the day. Rain!!
Don't ship that stuff over here!gaah
This thread has been unusually quiet for days, I assumed everybody has been enjoying beautiful fall weather.:D
Don't mess it up!:(

Saw they’re having more wildfires in Virginia, as @sonya123 has mentioned some in her region.
Shenandoah N.P. having a few spreaders. So many leaves, so many trees. Hope the rains put a stop to that. North Carolina is also experiencing wildfires.
Hope your Smokies just stay foggy @Bacpacker
I think maybe the year we moved here Gatlinburg burnt down ( in the Smokey Mountains) , so you never know where it is going to be dry. The year our son was born Florida burnt down
the fire nearest us is out thankfully
it is around 70 degrees and very dry here but supposed to rain tonight and some tomorrow

Saw they’re having more wildfires in Virginia, as @sonya123 has mentioned some in her region.
Shenandoah N.P. having a few spreaders. So many leaves, so many trees. Hope the rains put a stop to that. North Carolina is also experiencing wildfires.
Hope your Smokies just stay foggy @Bacpacker
We are getting smoke blowing across the mountains from a 4000 acre fire in NC. Several smaller fires around here.
Sonya mentioned the Burg burning. That was horrible. Worst fire we ever had around here. And it took off because the NPS didn't try to fight it when it was small, then 3 days later we had 80 plus mph winds and it just blew up

Latest posts

Back