Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too far from me.

1700502504886.png

ouch, now this. The good news is I am just of the map in the upper right so yellow, or 40 mph winds. Add that to sub zero means I will only go outside to fetch more firewood stacked right outside the door.

1700502817174.png

ouch, now this. The good news is I am just of the map in the upper right so yellow, or 40 mph winds. Add that to sub zero means I will only go outside to fetch more firewood stacked right outside the door.

View attachment 119953
I'm loading up on inside firewood today too!! 65° right now, cold front #1 is here, the real one on the way! We will be in the 50's during the days, 30's at night! Going to drain my pool pump and equipment today!

I'm loading up on inside firewood today too!! 65° right now, cold front #1 is here, the real one on the way! We will be in the 50's during the days, 30's at night! Going to drain my pool pump and equipment today!

We need to leave the spruce outside. If we bring it in, the fly larvae will hatch due to the warm cabin. Learned this the first winter in Alaska! So we stack a days worth right outside the door.

We need to leave the spruce outside. If we bring it in, the fly larvae will hatch due to the warm cabin. Learned this the first winter in Alaska! So we stack a days worth right outside the door.
I have to watch out for bringing spiders, lizards, and snakes in with the firewood this time of the year!😃

Tornado warnings in parts of Louisiana!! Reports from the front line???
Heard about those too.
It's far up above us but @zannej may be under a warning.
Partly sunny but very windy for us now.

Hope we hear from her!!
It's moving into MS.
Hope we hear from @snappy1 but I think she's in the south of the state.
I think @Frodo is in the eastern part of the state, but maybe he will get his packages delivered :rolleyes:.

It's moving into MS.
Hope we hear from @snappy1 but I think she's in the south of the state.
I think @Frodo is in the eastern part of the state, but maybe he will get his packages delivered :rolleyes:.
Southwest. It's supposed to be rough around 10-12 tonight. Just windy right now. Thanks for checking on me @Supervisor42 and @Pearl !

That wind can really blow coming down off the Knik glacier.

Some of the good Mat-Su valley folks live where they can get hit by winds from both the Knik glacier and the Matanuska glacier. Sometimes at the same time. Nothing like 70-80 MPH winds coming from different directions competing with each other. About a 90 degree difference in direction, more or less depending on where one lives.

So far it’s been a nothing burger. It’s warmed up to 6 degrees from a -9 this morning and the winds are only gusting up to 15-20 mph. I hear parts of the Mat-Su are getting pounded as predicted with widespread power outages. But snug as a bug in a rug on my mountain.

High overcast.. Dark as the inside of a cow..
Temps to dip over the late week and weekend...
Moving from the upper 40s F to the low 30s F during this time..
No mention of snow and such...... so far.... Knock on wood..

I am south west mississippi
I am thinking snappy and I are close to one other but not sure

Very loud boom boom.
And rain
Tornados spotted and we are under an alert

The wind worries me because I have several 100’ pine trees and oaks around my home

Heard about those too.
It's far up above us but @zannej may be under a warning.
Partly sunny but very windy for us now.
Well, I just had to go and run my yapper... again. gaah
Frodo sent me his boom-booms so we now have that and pouring rain, and strong wind.:mad:
.55" in just a half-hour.:oops:
Edit, running total: 9:43pm- 1.17"... end=11:30pm- 1.27" .

Last edited:
Rainy night, nadoes staying well south of me, thankfully. Down in south mississippi, @snappy1 @Frodo , keep us posted. 🙏

Supposed to get winds later, straight line stuff. According to the weather man the really bad winds will be north in the tn valley (@Supervisor42 ). Hang on @Swing !

current map

2023-11-20 22-47.jpg

Latest posts

Back