Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a good rain overnight. Going to be a nice day today!
Boy, you did some fast shipping on that one! :thumbs:
Yesterday, beautiful totally clear sky with full sun, barometer at 1008.
This morning, total clouds and baro at 1000:oops:.
The rain has started.:(
Edit: 2:30pm, it's still going, .71" and baro @993.

Last edited:
Want to town yesterday afternoon to pick up another 60 gallons of diesel. The road was snow packed up high but closer to town was just a lot of icy spots. Coming home there was a lot of cattle in the road.

Be careful out there.

@Mountain trapper why are the cattle in the road? Is this normal?
This is all open range around here. This time of year the ranchers have moved all their cattle down to the valley for feeding and calving. Some areas the fences are in poor condition and the cattle wander off.
We always leave our gates open in winter. The cattle stick around when the snow gets deep, but around late February our cows decide to go on a walkabout. I've found them several miles from home on the road before, but they always come back when they get hungry, and find out there isn't any food on the road.

@Mountain trapper if the road is plowed out your way it’s because you did it, right? And then the cattle also associate road with lower snow pack, means truck, means food, no food, go home. (Just doing some cow thinking). 🐮
We might get icy roads this coming week (Monday morning).
The county plows the road a few miles past our driveway. Our driveway is 2 miles long up to the house, I've got another mile or so to plow around the house, barn, pump house and the feeding areas. Plus I keep an area plowed up the hill where I can get phone/internet service. On a normal winter we have over 4 feet of snow by now, over the top of our fences. The cattle usually hang out under the trees where the snow isn't too bad, or on the areas that I keep plowed. So far this winter we only have 6 - 8 inches of snow on the ground. I've seen more snow than this in July before.
It's snowing now. Hopefully we'll start catching up.

Yesterday, beautiful totally clear sky with full sun, barometer at 1008.
This morning, total clouds and baro at 1000:oops:.
The rain has started.:(
Edit: 2:30pm, it's still going, .71" and baro @993.
The baro bottomed out at 992 yesterday.
Today, it is at 1003 and the sun icon is out in the forecast window. :D :thumbs:

The baro bottomed out at 992 yesterday.
Today, it is at 1003 and the sun icon is out in the forecast window. :D :thumbs:
Sunny today with a little haze, baro @1012 so we are safe from 'the rath-of-Pearl' for a while :rolleyes:.

Froze hard here last night- up to -5 in places. On the back of the rain it's lethal outside, so I took the main, longer route when dripping son off to work, but came back the small windy road as it was light by then. Not too bad apart from my own road and yard, though husband had difficulty through the next county as it had rained also. First vehicles we passed were a school bus and an ambulance. All schools back today, I'd say that was fun. The roads weren't gritted.

Latest posts

Back