Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something just smacked into one of my vehicles in the carport, not a nice sound! I can hear the augers of the power company truck, new poles?? Still chainsaws going too!! This will be a long night!
Are you playing with round #3, before even shipping it to us?:waiting:

5 1/2 hours into the power outage! The work crew left an hour and a half ago, think I hear trucks again now!🤞 Got to talk to an actual person at the electric company, she didn't know why the crew didn't finish!🙄 Top wind gust so far was 67mph! Hopefully everything in the refrigerators holds out, we are not going out to the shop to get the generator, too dangerous in this wind!!

I sure hope my weather forecast is wrong. It will be a bitch (pardon my French) if they are even close to right.

In three days the temperature is supposed to drop to -44.5 F. That's without wind chill. I am going to lose my orchard.

Spent today putting sheets of styrofoam insulation in the windows.

Right now we have light rain, but temps are still in the 30's-40's. Friday the bad stuff is supposed to come in, high temps in the teens and lows single digit. I bought HEET to put in all the cars, and I will do that today. I swear by that stuff. Got stuck once, and I will never let that happen again.

Hold onto your hat Pearl, and keep a good grip on Bear if he has to go outside.

Right now we have light rain, but temps are still in the 30's-40's. Friday the bad stuff is supposed to come in, high temps in the teens and lows single digit. I bought HEET to put in all the cars, and I will do that today. I swear by that stuff. Got stuck once, and I will never let that happen again.

Hold onto your hat Pearl, and keep a good grip on Bear if he has to go outside.
99% isopropyl alcohol works tii. I used have a Toyota Celina back in the 70s/80s. Stupid fuel filter froze up from moisture in the fuel. I kept an extra filter in the car. But when I was expecting single digit temps I'd dump a bottle or 2 in the fuel tank. It dried the fuel enough it wouldn't freeze up

OK, Clem, you win the cold award. That temp sounds incredible. I'm not sure on the power out situations here, I know we had wind last night. Most of the area is amish, so we are not the "first in line" to have any power issues fixed, I suppose. Our generator would come on automatically, and I slept like a log last night. Will have to see when the sun comes up, what is what.

Still snowing. It started yesterday at 2pm. The wind is blowing and it's drifting. Not sure how much snow have now because of the wind, maybe a foot. There's still a lot more in the forecast. The wife and I both have a doctors appointment on Friday. Not sure if I'll have the road open by then.

yuck, that's all
Vicious winds still here today, easily 35mph :oops:, but clear skies and sun.
Today was reverse the numbers day... yesterday when I got up, 64°, today 46°:mad:.

We are at 42 right now

IMG_1036.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe your streets are clear.
But mine are not.

We just have rain, although, we lost power this morning for about an hour and a half. We will see what happens later this week when the temperatures plummet. I heard the temperature for the Kansas City game this weekend is supposed to be -4. :eek: Stay home and watch it on TV.

I saved A PICTURE of it forya' :p.
N. Florida is dancing with it today. Tornado damage already:oops:.
@rice paddy daddy needs to check in.:(
The leading edge is still 50 or 60 miles west of us.
It’s supposed to be here in about an hour, hour and a half.
Forecast is gusts to 60, sustained around 40, a chance for some hail and possibly a tornado or two.
I’m at work in Callahan, Florida, wife is home on the farm with the animals about 25 miles away.

We just have rain, although, we lost power this morning for about an hour and a half. We will see what happens later this week when the temperatures plummet. I heard the temperature for the Kansas City game this weekend is supposed to be -4. :eek: Stay home and watch it on TV.
Oh I will not be gong out unless I absolutely have too.
Hence why Fed EX is bringing me coffee and cheese balls.
Some little person wants to come to Granny's house for snowman building time.
Nope, not happening for this Granny today.
Got electrical lines snapping all over the place around me.
And I definately don't need to fall either.

Just came in from snow blowing around the house. Had to stop because it's snowing too hard, and with the wind blowing its like a blizzard outside. I started a fire in the fur shed so I'll spend some time up there later. Got a couple projects in the shop to finish up too. I'll take the big snowblower out later and see how my repairs hold up.

Got home from work and dumped another 1.75" of rain. Gotta creek running across our low spot. We've had wind gust registered up over 90mph in the area. Still near 20 here at the house. Temps are dropping and we may get a touch of snow overnight.
Supervisor, just some info for you. The river that runs thru Gatlinburg topped the bridges crossing it and had to be shut down.
TVA has started spilling Ft Loudon dam , headwaters of the Tennessee river,, to create space for the water feeding in from the mountains

I sure hope my weather forecast is wrong. It will be a bitch (pardon my French) if they are even close to right.

In three days the temperature is supposed to drop to -44.5 F. That's without wind chill. I am going to lose my orchard.

Spent today putting sheets of styrofoam insulation in the windows.
Can you throw sheets/tarps over the main branches and wrap the trunks?

Latest posts

Back