Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is still cold here -38 C/ 34 degrees below f , no fresh snow to speak of, supposed to warm to -14C/ 7 Degrees F on Monday
Note proper temp unit notation, - for metric, below for f (yes kind of anal, but its a little chilly to play out side unless it really needs to happen

Last edited:
We're making some ice now!
1705244284518.png

12°, heading for 9°! Looks like a slight sleet event later!
Keep that crap to yourself! :waiting: (even though I know you won't)
We are perfectly fine with our beautiful sun and 58°.:p

Sunday 14th.. Partly cloudy and at todays predicted high of -2F.... No wind to speak of, so that is OK...

....Making ice.... I'm sure the ice fishermen are glad of that.. No injuries I know of, but many rescued off bad ice earlier trying to push the season..

Tirediron... I've seen the bottom drop out of the thermometer in northern Alberta and BC.. eh..

Most important... All keep safe..

The over lords want everyone on electric heat. We just got notice they are shutting down the hydro in three days for ten hours, for planned maintenance.

I wonder how the people that have already fallen for electric heat are feeling about it , right about now.

You can't fix stupid, but maybe you can freeze it solid.

Waddya know! It finally feels kinda like winter here in Rochester NY. 20 degrees with a very brisk wind. With the wind chill, it feels like 2.

It supposed to be chilly for the next few days. That's good. It's too cold to be slippery and there are no skeeters. Crappy flip-flop weather, though.

Wahoo! Made it up to double digits today, 14 Above zero- ha! How d’ya like them apples 😂. A few flurries off and on. Supposed to be 0 tonight (we’ve been running a little colder than their global warming predictions).
@Pearl grab your swim suit and come on over. It’s getting plum toasty 🏝️

The weather reports are all over the place beginning tomorrow afternoon. Got me worried about the folks. Most reports have me north of the snow line, fingers crossed! Beginning 30miles south of me, they are supposed to get an old fashioned ice storm. Which means wide spread power outages.

I’ll be happy with snow instead of ice. Of course it’ll start as freezing rain, hope it switches to snow quickly. Only supposed to get a couple inches. The ice… that’s the danger. And, it’s supposed to stay below 32 for a couple days. Hope it gets back to normal fast and i don't have to move my parents to temporary location.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wahoo! Made it up to double digits today, 14 Above zero- ha! How d’ya like them apples 😂. A few flurries off and on. Supposed to be 0 tonight (we’ve been running a little colder than their global warming predictions).
@Pearl grab your swim suit and come on over. It’s getting plum toasty 🏝️
You can come ice skate on my pool!!⛸️🤿❄️

Hah!! We can easily beat that!:D
Our local:
View attachment 122825
Not bad temperatures but lots of rain.
Where at in Louisiana do you live? I've been to the French Quarter several times and it was always fun but I'd never want to live there. When I lived in Houston, the ATM field engineer was on vacation, so I went to northern Louisiana to take service calls on ATMs there for a week. The people there were VERY friendly and VERY nice and it didn't matter what their skin color was. They were ALL nice!

Today we have snow with highs in the 20's (F), it was warm yesterday so the first of the snow melted and created a nice layer of ice for the snow to sit on... Yep, traffic looks like bumper cars on steroids. People are definitely learning the law of conservation of momentum... ;)

Back