Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barely got above 50 today, clear but a cold wind blowin'

At least the humidity in my house got below 40%. Bought a new spray bottle last week, to mix clorox/water and go mildew hunting in the house. My entire back wall is below grade, makes it humid during rainy weather so i mix up the clorox! ;)
That's odd, I struggle to keep our humidity above 40% or the sparks fly :oops:.
40% or less, when I get out out of my chair, I become 'electric'.
Before we can hug, we have to do a high-5
56998-High-five.gif

Yay, 70's again today! Daffodils are up (not blooming), Bluebonnets are getting taller, the crazy Belle of Georgia peach tree is budding for the second time 🙄! Looking ahead on the really extended forecast (the we jumped the gun and might be wrong forcast), looks like highs in the upper 50's to low 70's! I can only wonder what the weather will do?! Will it be one of those years that mid February gets in the 80's??🤔

70's again today!!🌞🌞🌞
Al Gore finally came thru for me and I got my 71°!
My kind of January winter! :woo hoo:
Beautiful sun today, and the patio lights are all happy.:D

Yay, 70's again today! Daffodils are up (not blooming), Bluebonnets are getting taller, the crazy Belle of Georgia peach tree is budding for the second time 🙄! Looking ahead on the really extended forecast (the we jumped the gun and might be wrong forcast), looks like highs in the upper 50's to low 70's! I can only wonder what the weather will do?! Will it be one of those years that mid February gets in the 80's??🤔
It’s too early for the fruit trees- I believe even for down there.

It has been in the 40's and touching the 50's with beautiful sunny weather. Snow forcast for this weekend.
It seems every jan or early feb we have some balmy weather as a trick......then winter comes back with a vengence.
After our 40 below temps earlier 40 above is T shirt weather.

Woke up to heavy rains this morning. Based on my pool level, I'd say we've received about 2" of rain overnight. I just saw an article last week that the local water boards approving "Cloud Seeding" in the mountains, which can be a big gamble and a big failure if we get localized flooding.

The four-year pilot program launched in November with an aim to increase precipitation by 5% to 15%. The silver iodide are released as particles into the atmosphere by 15 ground-based seeding generators located near the base of mountains surrounding the Santa Ana River watershed basin.

Woke up to heavy rains this morning. Based on my pool level, I'd say we've received about 2" of rain overnight. I just saw an article last week that the local water boards approving "Cloud Seeding" in the mountains, which can be a big gamble and a big failure if we get localized flooding.

The four-year pilot program launched in November with an aim to increase precipitation by 5% to 15%. The silver iodide are released as particles into the atmosphere by 15 ground-based seeding generators located near the base of mountains surrounding the Santa Ana River watershed basin.
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!!

Al Gore finally came thru for me and I got my 71°!
My kind of January winter! :woo hoo:
Beautiful sun today, and the patio lights are all happy.:D
Another beautiful sunny day!
Guess what I got today? :D
IMG_20240202_133157_kindlephoto-2990256367.jpg

Latest posts

Back