Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this is a totally new forecast for me...
Our Thursday night, the 25th:
IMG_20240124_215354_kindlephoto-2412437028.jpg

Last edited:
Light rain since 1am, 1.61" 1.78" so far, with "flash-flood" warnings beeping on the TV all day.
They said we were going to get 5", hopefully not in one day, so we don't end up in 'Zannej-world' :(.
We are scheduled to get a bunch more tomorrow and will be sending the leftovers straight up to @Frodo.
So, a heads-up, don't go to Zannej-world! :oops:.

Rain finally lighted up about supper time. But... weather report said it'll rain til friday. I've been manually running the sump pump since noon, every 20/30min just to stay ahead of any water build up in my back wall (cinderblock, below grade).

Been waiting 2 hrs to run the sump again, very little water since the rain stopped. Maybe i'll have a peaceful night.

We are scheduled to get a bunch more tomorrow and will be sending the leftovers straight up to @Frodo.
So, a heads-up, don't go to Zannej-world! :oops:.
It was a frog drowning rain yesterday
When I went to my Dr appoint. I turned on my wipers and they would not come on. I had to drive in the rain with out wipers
And drove back, I went slow and pulled over if it got too bad.

Headed to MComb tomorrow for a dentist appointment in the rain again
Wiper motor is pftttttt!!

3.41" in 8 hours this morning so if you add the 1.78" yesterday, you come out with their 5".
The strong wind we have had every day for the last 2 weeks, has come to a complete stop. :oops:
...I guess I'm in for a "Dreary" night!:LOL:

It is above freezing, lots of cloud, just the annoying ones that appear after jet aircraft fly over, which is weird because water injected after burners stopped a few decades ago ???

I had no idea “Dreary” was a climate term
Since I like to be informed, I had to look it up:
adjective,drear·i·er, drear·i·est.
  1. causing sadness or gloom.
  2. dull; boring.
  3. sorrowful; sad.

At 5pm local time it is 38F, damp, calm and tree top high whip cream fog..
At first light this morning it was the same temp and the fog was down to ankle high..
Some streets, bridges slick early this morning..
Temps predicted 45/35F for the next week..

yall aint going to believe this..it was 5f last week or so a bunch...today i seen 68f on truck temp thingy and its been overcast and raining all day. the river had a 'fog bank' on it all day and only on water. ice/snow etc. piled up in river and in shaded areas of mtns and hills etc.

Two degrees cooler than you. Almost 60 in NJ in January. This morning, I think I heard some spring songbirds
Tuesday afternoon during day two of warm up i seen a hole on bank cleaned out and fresh looking...snow still on good portion of ground. Wednesday i seen a groundhog out...so critters are getting out...today i seen lots of folks in drizzling rain busting wood and doing chores...i bet bears are up stirring around as well.all of us out stretching...lol

Rained again today, maybe another inch. 60f on my porch right now, humidity is 92%. It's 48% inside the house. :( I keep turning on the space heater to dry the air a little.
Be careful, that 78° room temp is addictive! :oops:
Next thing you know, you will be having to up your 'dose' like THIS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back