Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 5pm yesterday it lashed rain, then cleared to leave a lovely warm evening; so much so I had the bedroom window open. After midnight the wind picked up, and we had a storm. This morning I woke to hard frost. Nature cannot cope with these giant swings; it's like the Earth is bipolar or something.

At first light today the whip cream fog was gone.. Overcast, damp, misty wet all day with temps 42/33F... Winter Carnival this weekend.. Snow sculptures and Ice Castle will only be open the weekend.. Pond Hockey (outdoor) tournament was canceled because of not thick enough ice.. Again issuing ..ice danger.. warnings for ice fishermen..

Meh. March in January. Mid to upper 30s, rain, fog, gray, meh. Haven't seen the sun in days, and clouds in the forecast for the next week. Yesterday I couldn't even see the buildings across the road, there was so much fog. Rain melting all my lovely snow.
I long for bright, sharply cold days with the diamonds on the snow and the fresh blue skies. Winter days that invigorate me and make bringing in the firewood a pleasant chore and increase the appreciation of a fire and hot chocolate in the evening.
This gray, soggy, melty, slushy dreariness really does me in. All I want to do is hibernate.

Another grey day here, 70f, it's 60 now. No rain today but a heavy fog early but cleared some after lunch. Still 90% humidity though, inside it broke 50% for a while this morning. Baked a pie this evening, humidity still 46%. I'm ready to turn on my window airconditioner but...

Supposed to storm twice tomorrow, in the morning then another line of storms in the afternoon. Another 2 inches of rain expected. Another soggy day out/inside. My ac can't work miracles.

Just stopped out my way!! I'm ready for those 60's!! Looks like a chilly one today!
She even shared with me:), the bottom fell out at midnight and dumped 1.26" in an hour and a half:oops:.
That gave us about 4" for my day.

Fairbanks this morning. That’s a days drive north of me. Balmy -14 at my place.

Manley Hot Springs got down to -65.

1706386331820.png

1706386459750.png

4 nights ago it was 14f. Tonight it's 59f, might get down to 54f, brrr! 🥶
78F in the house because I have to keep turning on my space heater, one brick, just to keep the humidity below 50% inside house. Either comfortable and clammy or get the oscillating fan from the shop and leave the heat on.
123393-2024-01-23-23-56-43a.jpg
Sharper Image has stolen our idea. :mad:
They moved the time/date to the top and the forecast to the bottom, to dodge violating the patent.
Basically the same thing (with no Baro history), but costs twice as much because their customers have more money than brains.
Imposter:
Screenshot_20240129-171958_kindlephoto-2730062994.png

Edit: I forgot to add that it has a much smaller screen than ours, which have a 7.5" diagonal screen, not a little 4.7" screen. :mad:

Last edited:
Barely got above 50 today, clear but a cold wind blowin'

At least the humidity in my house got below 40%. Bought a new spray bottle last week, to mix clorox/water and go mildew hunting in the house. My entire back wall is below grade, makes it humid during rainy weather so i mix up the clorox! ;)

Latest posts

Back