Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it rains, it pours. That saying is generally true here except it also generally doesn't rain. As in, no rain here for 2 & a half months & then..... Wow. One day a minor rain, the next day a heavy rain & today, more rain coming. As I stated on my last post our water barrels are full so this morning I've got to clear out the leaves from my little drain I dug because we have another storm coming. Yes, I said storm because it's pretty darned big on radar. Our ground is generally baked so it can absorb some water. If you go down a couple of feet though it's like concrete so once the top is wet it stops soaking in. And the top soil is wet. Glad that I live on the high side of a small hill because if this drops as much rain as it could, there will be flooding in the streets (at least). Interesting!

Still overcast so temps won't get to high all this week, Whew...!!! They don't know when it will rain so everyday has a 20-50% chance... LOL...!!

My old stomping grounds of 29 Palms, CA got so much rain a week ago that it is now a declared disaster area.

Hundreds of homes damaged by the deluge. One guy on the news had a river running "through" his house.

Seems the desert does get rain.

MAJOR DOWNPOUR, I was in the pool, poor Bear was outside ( has a nice shelter and was also in his pool)! Got him in, I'm soaked! Crazy, just a small spot on the radar!!
Umm correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the idea of a pool to get soaked 🙄😉😂

We finally got a break! High of 93 today. It was actually tolerable. We haven’t had any measurable precip for 2 months and none in sight. Fires blazing everywhere 😕

Umm correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the idea of a pool to get soaked 🙄😉😂

We finally got a break! High of 93 today. It was actually tolerable. We haven’t had any measurable precip for 2 months and none in sight. Fires blazing everywhere 😕
It was too cold to be soaked!! 😮🤣 Yesterday's pool time was storm patrol only! A business trip!! 😉 (🙄🙄🙄)

Another 5-days in a row with no sun, stretch for me. :(
The 'solar power' patio lights are gonna need a lot of work.
After they run their batteries down 'beyond dead' long enough, they won't take a charge nomore. :mad:
...(I gotta quit dancing with @zannej :()

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back