Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to thinkin'.....what if they were telling the truth? :dunno: :oops:
So far, they have been correct 7 of the last 8 days.
...And the one day that it didn't rain, it allllmost rained.
Good thing we got boots:thumbs:.
Anybody need water, we got lots of extra.:p
On topic: 1.72" today.:rolleyes:
Yes please! Can you send it over here to all these fires?

Pleasant to warm, smokey.

Well we had a whole 30 minutes of sunshine today... for the first time in a week.
I followed the Mrs out on the porch and screamed: "Ohhh my eyes!!! What's that bright light?!!!" and put my arm over my face.
She laughed a lot. 🤣
On topic: .87" rain today.:rolleyes:

I live in Canada but I follow what is going on in USA too

Jul 28, 2024

Just saw that video fire news 😧😲
This is sad and horrible
Some are moving the cattle away from fire

Hope those fires are not man made.............. 🤬
Sad for Forest-People -Wildlife- Domestic and Farm animals :(
I would go crazy!

The Park Fire is 12% contained after burning 350,012 acres as of Sunday morning, July 28, according to Cal Fire.

Officials say the fire grew exponentially late Friday into Saturday morning due to steep terrain and high winds, moving around four to five thousand acres per hour.

The fire has forced evacuations in multiple Northstate counties.Cal Fire's preliminary aerial structure assessment showed over 100 structures impacted by the Park Fire. However, after damage inspection on the ground, Cal Fire says 20 structures have been confirmed destroyed with 4,200 structures still threatened.

There have been no injuries or fatalities reported.

Last edited:
I just heard thunder outside. I don't know if it was warm last night or not because I've been having hot flashes and my cursed hormones are making me sweat like crazy.

The dog is back to hiding under my blankets.

I live in Canada but I follow what is going on in USA too

Jul 28, 2024

Just saw that video fire news 😧😲
This is sad and horrible
Some are moving the cattle away from fire

Hope those fires are not man made.............. 🤬
Sad for Forest-People -Wildlife- Domestic and Farm animals :(
I would go crazy!

The Park Fire is 12% contained after burning 350,012 acres as of Sunday morning, July 28, according to Cal Fire.

Officials say the fire grew exponentially late Friday into Saturday morning due to steep terrain and high winds, moving around four to five thousand acres per hour.

The fire has forced evacuations in multiple Northstate counties. Cal Fire's preliminary aerial structure assessment showed over 100 structures impacted by the Park Fire. However, after damage inspection on the ground, Cal Fire says 20 structures have been confirmed destroyed with 4,200 structures still threatened.

There have been no injuries or fatalities reported.

I saw a story that on Wednesday of last week, someone pushed a burning car into a ravine and started a big California fire, 1000s of acres. It may have been this one.

Fire started by Ronnie Dean Stout ll.

Has been arrested and charged.
1722203010216.png

Ronnie Dean Stout II, an ex-con and registered sex offender, allegedly pushed a burning car into a park gully, starting California’s Park Fire.Butte County District Attorney's Office

https://nypost.com/2024/07/26/us-ne...ted-for-alleged-arson-that-started-park-fire/

California’s Park Fire that’s torched over 120K acres ignited by ex-con who pushed burning car into gully: DA​

It surprises many people to learn that the heat index values in the chart above are for shady locations. If you are exposed to direct sunlight, the heat index value can be increased by up to 15°F. As shown in the table below, heat indices meeting or exceeding 103°F can lead to dangerous heat disorders with prolonged exposure and/or physical activity in the heat.

Classification
Heat Index
Effect on the body
Caution
80°F - 90°F
Fatigue possible with prolonged exposure and/or physical activity
Extreme Caution
90°F - 103°F
Heat stroke, heat cramps, or heat exhaustion possible with prolonged exposure and/or physical activity
Danger
103°F - 124°F
Heat cramps or heat exhaustion likely, and heat stroke possible with prolonged exposure and/or physical activity
Extreme Danger
125°F or higher
Heat stroke highly likely

Please Don't 🐝 Foolish...!!! Don't Do Much at all...!! ⛑️

pretty warm here 80 something, not as bad if you don't know, but plenty warm for baling with a cab tractor with malfunctioning A/C . it is getting really dry, no rain all month save a few sprinkles

Latest posts

Back