What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Family dinner with relatives, so start 'nibblies' baked brie with dipping bread, and little sausage rolls, dinner is chicken vol au vents, three types of potatoes and veg, and trifle and fresh fruit and ice cream for afters. Wont be cooking fora week after this lol

I am gonna grill up some spicy chicken thighs, dice up the meat, throw it on a big tortilla with just a thin layer of creamy peanut butter, add some coleslaw mix, french fried onions and french fried jalapenos and drizzle it with sweet thai chili sauce. Quick and easy thai crispy chicken wrap. Got some pineapple soda to go with it.

Cucumber soup with french bread. Cooked from scratch by my lovely wife. It was yummy. :)
20240603_192841.jpg

I am placing two, yes two, thick cut slices of butcher shop bologna in between two slices of bakery white bread. I will also be adding some romaine lettuce and a smearing of mayonnaise. On the side I will enjoy some Baked Lay's potato chips, which will surely be crushed into very small pieces in the bottom of the bag, and several baby carrots. Tonight's beverage will be orange Crush.

I am placing two, yes two, thick cut slices of butcher shop bologna in between two slices of bakery white bread. I will also be adding some romaine lettuce and a smearing of mayonnaise. On the side I will enjoy some Baked Lay's potato chips, which will surely be crushed into very small pieces in the bottom of the bag, and several baby carrots. Tonight's beverage will be orange Crush.
I prefer yellow mustard over Mayo and I like Fritos ON the sandwich.

I am gonna throw a few lightly breaded chicken fingers into hot peanut oil and make em nice and crispy. Then I am going to stir together some spicy ground mustard and some raw honey to dip em in. Since I am going full-fried on the protein I will open a bag of broccoli slaw and pour some greek dressing on it to be my side dish. Going root beer tonight. Already got the mug in the freezer.

Picked up some pork chops on sale, so going to bake them in a sauce with mash and veg.
Last night took all the strawberries that were about to 'turn' and made a sort of cheesecake. I didn't measure anything or use a recipe, but it set ok and looks good.

Pork butt with carrots, white potatoes, celery, onions, apple slices, cooked in crock pot.
On low all night & Hight for two & half hours, pot almost ran over with juice's, maybe the stick of butter was to much.
Salt & pepper, soy & lemon juice to taste. The veggies was for dear wife & flavor.

Back