What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had redneck italian tonight, purple hull peas, fried okra and pizza. This afternoon a cousin brought dad a 1/2 bushel of okra and some peas already shelled. Got the okra cut up and fried by dinner.

20240807_175240a.jpg

Leftover turkey breast and the fixings!! As always, HUGE glasses of milk!!
Has anyone else noticed how fast milk goes bad now. Have a jug that says Aug 16 and is already spoiled, I remember Peanut said to drop in couple of pre 65 dimes and it would last longer. Going to have to try that.

Has anyone else noticed how fast milk goes bad now. Have a jug that says Aug 16 and is already spoiled, I remember Peanut said to drop in couple of pre 65 dimes and it would last longer. Going to have to try that.

I don't drink milk, but I do use it in cooking. So instead I buy heavy cream and add water to get the consistency I want. Heavy cream lasts a whole lot longer in the fridge for me.

Nope, it goes FAST in this house! About a gallon a day, more in the summer!!😮

I don't drink milk, but I do use it in cooking. So instead I buy heavy cream and add water to get the consistency I want. Heavy cream lasts a whole lot longer in the fridge for me.
I do the same sometimes. Although little granddaughter can usually polish off a gallon most weeks. That was a lifesaver when covid hit and we were in New Mexico...no one had milk. I had boxed milk, but I could buy cream and water it down.
Tonight is takeout from the amish place, I just have to go get it.

Celebrating our 17th anniversary tonight
Congratulations!

We are celebrating my desire not to cook anything tonight. We are going out to "MOD Pizza". It's a cheap pizza chain that actually has fairly decent pizza for the cheap price you pay. It's one of those places where they shove the pizza in the oven and it's done in like 5 minutes. What are those ovens running at, about 1500 degrees?! Same price for whatever you want on the pizza, and that is only $10.49 for their 8" size (more than enough for one hungry person).

If you like the combination/compromise "cheap, fast, and reasonably decent" pizza - MOD isn't a bad place to try.

Latest posts

Back