What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No date tonight so I actually started soaking some navy beans after dinner. Now they are now in the slow cooker with a ham bone, an onion, some ham pieces, some bacon and seasonings. I will eventually add some smoked sausage, a jalapeno, more onion and some brown sugar. I don't bake but I may try and source some cornbread before I eat.

Dr. Pepper will provide my beverage.

No date tonight so I actually started soaking some navy beans after dinner. Now they are now in the slow cooker with a ham bone, an onion, some ham pieces, some bacon and seasonings. I will eventually add some smoked sausage, a jalapeno, more onion and some brown sugar. I don't bake but I may try and source some cornbread before I eat.

Dr. Pepper will provide my beverage.
You definitely need cornbread with those beans!! Tacos here tonight, and tomorrow night!!

Today :
I cook my very Grandma good Sicilian friend Italian dish that had a family Restaurant

Italian sauce with meatballs and pasta:
rigatoni different Italian spices and Mozzarella with lots of garlic
It smells like heaven !!!
I will eat soon

I say to my R.I.P. grand mother friend Antonio ---Thank you for the recipe
SAM_1528.JPG

I am making roasted sausage and veggies. Basically I put chunks of ring sausage, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and red potatoes into a bowl, drizzle the whole thing in olive oil and melted butter before sprinkling it with salt-pepper-garlic, stir it up then dump it all on a baking pan and roast it in the convection oven. Soda of the day is Cherry Coke.

I'm hungry now reading about all this food.
I had a yogurt for lunch.
Veggie soup sounds awesome..
But I'm currently too tired to get up ..
Maybe in a few..I'll make some soup n probably crash..
Bummer thing about day shift is I'm up way too early 0430 to enjoy my Friday night..especially after soup..

I went all out despite the heat and made chicken fried steak and all the fixings! Leftovers tomorrow!!
Some day I'll have to try cooking chicken fried steak. I love the stuff. I've cheated, trying to make a healthier and easier version - beat the steak with a mallet to tenderize it, dip it in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs and finally air fry the result. That comes out good, but it's not "chicken friend steak" by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know what you'd call it ... a "breaded cutlet" maybe? So I just go get it in a restaurant if I really want chicken fried steak. Some day I might get adventurous enough to try cooking the real stuff myself.

Latest posts

Back