What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple chicken breasts in the fridge so I think I am going to make the easy version of chicken parmesan with some pasta. Nothing but Coke Zero in the fridge today so that's what I will be drinking.

When one plans on making chicken parmesan, one should make sure he has pasta. So I had chicken parm with zucchini & squash sautéed in garlic butter. It was probably healthier and just as good.

The hospital food here is crap. I bring husband's meals in half the time. Because I'll bring a meal in for myself, and he'd want to eat it, so I just bring two meals in.
Tonight is quick dinner because little granddaughter has school open house. White german bratwurst on sourdough and some steamed green beans and fruit. Will be ready in a few minutes.

Dinner today
1723503369449.png

Tonight was simple dinner, that came out great!

I had some leftover chicken thighs that I had grilled the other night. I usually do boneless, skinless ones but this time they were out of those at the grocery store so I got some bone-in ones with skin. Not as healthy, but boy did they grill up good! Reheated them in the air fryer tonight and that is definitely the way to reheat your leftover meats. I scrounged up a box of flavored angel hair pasta (some "Pasta-Roni" prepared thing with herb seasoning). Kind of Alfredo-like. Again, not the healthiest option but I thought it was pretty dang good for a done-in-ten minutes quick side dish. I figured I had to go more healthy on the last side dish so I cut up an avocado and a tomato into wedges and salted the mix. I was in Heaven with that! It hit the spot.

This meal went from "what scraps do I have in the house that I can throw together?" into "I want to have this again!" real quick. I was pleasantly surprised.

Latest posts

Back