What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I divided a pound of ground beef for 2 meals.
Yesterday we had cheeseburgers and I baked the rest as meatballs.
Today we'll have meatball sandwiches
I made enough potato salad for both days

Coffee rub lamb chops.

As tender and juicy and tasty as good filet mignon. Not kidding!

rmQrPgT.jpg

Tonight was pan full of enchiladas. Stuff we canned that ended up in them included smoked pork, tomatillo green enchilada sauce, black beans, and smoked roasted peppers. Only the tortillas and cheese came from the store. Tossed in the oven at 3:15 and was inhaled by the rest of the family by 4:00. I still had an hour of work, so I feel fortunate that they left me some! Early dinners from now until the end of October due to football practice starting at 5:30 and ending at 7:00pm. The youngest would die of starvation if we waited until after practice.

Surprise, surprise! We had leftover spaghetti again. Here's what you do when you want to impress your spouse with how much effort you put into the dinner, when all's you did was stick the leftovers in the microwave and hit START.

presentation.jpg

Going to a dinner party. Probably some kind of endangered owl stuffed with a caviar or stock options wrapped in defunct cash from Venezuela. Whatever rich people eat when they host a meal.
Can't wait to find out what you have, 😃😃😃! Could be interesting!! Brush up on those table manners 😉!

Was in the mood for Chili.

Cracked open a can of Wolfs brand chili (no beans), added white rice, and corn. Heated it up, and viola!
I love chili, but I think tomato sauce is no longer my go to. Inflammation.

Wolf brand chili is kinda high in sodium. Check it out on the label. I used to enjoy putting a bit of it on a hot dog, some raw chopped onions. mmm.
For dinner I am going to eat a sammich of pastrami maybe some horseradish on that bad boy, lol, and some raw vegetables. I rarely eat pastrami but sometimes, gotta have it.
I should go into the city sometime when the Jewish deli is open and get a real deli sammich.

We trimmed a bunch of trees and cut one down today. After doing all that and hauling the wood off to our town's tree branch recycling place, cooking dinner just wasn't on the agenda. So we picked up some "3 cheese nacho dinners" from Chipotle and called it good. The wife went for the grilled chicken variety and I chose the pork carnitas version.

Latest posts

Back