What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, the horror of having to survive on locally produced stuff! gaah

IMG_20240606_170503_4_kindlephoto-491485633.jpg

:p (sorry, no turnip greens for me).

Last edited:
Pasta salad with fish tacos tonight. The salad is chillin'. Our recipie: Pasta, scallions, cherry tomatoes (or whatever you have) ham, salami, cucumber, sliced olives, different cheeses, seasonings, pepper, no extra salt.

And the "secret ingrediant." Newman's Italian Dressing.
20201014_122230.jpg

Pasta salad with fish tacos tonight. The salad is chillin'. Our recipie: Pasta, scallions, cherry tomatoes (or whatever you have) ham, salami, cucumber, sliced olives, different cheeses, seasonings, pepper, no extra salt.

View attachment 154296
Italian dressing is great on so many things!!👍

Unless Pearl raids your kitchen!! If you hear a bump in the night........ 🤔😋

Pad locked lol... it's gotten very expensive. And i don't get why! My state is usually the top producer of catfish in the us.

I can get it cheaper but would have to drive >100miles. With gas prices i'd have to take all the coolers i own, bring back a load. Know a few catfish farmers down in the black belt. I'd have to call, see when they harvest.

Got two pork tenderloins sitting in a Holy Garlic marinade with a dozen chicken legs brining in brown sugar and salt. All of it will hit the smoker late in the afternoon along with some sweet potatoes, zucchini and squash which will cook up in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Leftovers make good lunches. The lady claims she will make some banana bread today to go with it all but we will see. I just put two bottles of Big Red soda in the patio mini-fridge to wash it down with.

Some kind of TV dinner my bud talked me into buying and leftover pork chops.
if the dinner sucks, the coon can have it. LOL

View attachment 154296
Try it sometime with pinto beans and a bag of Lipton onion soup in the mix, it's great!

Back