What Was Your Favorite Toy as a Kid?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had different favorites at different times. Star Wars and GI Joe toys when I was 8-10 years old. Wood building blocks before that. Back in the early 80s, you could get these big plastic toy cars - Smokey and the Bandit style Trans Am, Corvettes, stuff like that. Those had to be two feet long and they were heavy. They'd roll a helluva long way on a sidewalk or driveway. And of course the little General Lee cars made by Ertl. But my all time favorite might have been Legos...

I had cowboy guns when I was young. We always wanted to play cowboys and Indians, but nobody wanted to be an Indian. Everyone wanted to be Roy Rogers or the Lone Ranger.

That evolved into a Daisy BB gun, but you never went anywhere without riding your bike with your baseball glove on the handle bars. We were always looking for a baseball game.
1727640551253.jpeg

Like this? 😍

Oh yeah, I had those roller skates that strapped to your feet and had metal wheels. We lived on a ranch and didn’t have cement so I seldom got to use them. My bro had a big wheel. That was fun going down mountains 😂

I liked many mentioned above but my favorites were;

Plastic army guys in a dirt patch were we built forts for them.

HO trains. I still have room devoted to N-scale layout.

GI Joes. My father built a tank and a jeep for them and my mother sewed clothing for them.

Major Matt Mason and crew.

I liked erector sets but never got a new one so I was always short nuts and bolts. My mother did like them because they wrecked damage of her vacuum.

My brother had a building set called Toggles. Lot of fun.

My father ket me loose in his shop with a sabre saw, electric drill and Dremel tool. The Dremel is still of my favorites to this day with a complete set of everything plus some.

I did stilts and was always gone once saved for my first 10-speed bike.

So the over-all favorite was the Dremel tool. I have burnt up at least four of them.

Ben

At six a G.I.JOE, at ten a new pocket knife, at twelve a Five pound Ax, at Thirteen a Bible, then I noticed girls & nothing has been the same. A Job & a truck all to get noticed by girls.

From an early age I'd ride my horse with that old .22 rifle and bring my dog and spend days in the mountains. Camping out, hunting squirrels, trapping and fishing. Didn't need anything else.
Finally, something I can relate too. I have no clue what it must have been like to have toys. They didn't exist in my world.

I liked many mentioned above but my favorites were;

Plastic army guys in a dirt patch were we built forts for them.

HO trains. I still have room devoted to N-scale layout.

GI Joes. My father built a tank and a jeep for them and my mother sewed clothing for them.

Major Matt Mason and crew.

I liked erector sets but never got a new one so I was always short nuts and bolts. My mother did like them because they wrecked damage of her vacuum.

My brother had a building set called Toggles. Lot of fun.

My father ket me loose in his shop with a sabre saw, electric drill and Dremel tool. The Dremel is still of my favorites to this day with a complete set of everything plus some.

I did stilts and was always gone once saved for my first 10-speed bike.

So the over-all favorite was the Dremel tool. I have burnt up at least four of them.

Ben
Forgot about electric slot cars!

Ben

Latest posts

Back