What's Everybody Canning?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....Canned French Fries.... Now that is an interesting idea... I would have never thought of that..
Would you share the process please... ?...
I will have to find the recipe. I will look when I am on the laptop tomorrow morning.

Are those actually fried?

I can potatoes cut like French fries but they are raw and packed in water.
They are not fried, just packed into jar with a little garlic salt. No water added, PC'd 40 minutes for quarts. I like the texture more this way.

So Dry Can at 40 minutes for a quart? Did you add in a pat of Butter @snappy1? This is what I am seeing now.

No, I did not add butter. I figured that might make it more compliant with gov. regulations. Just garlic salt. PC'd for 40 minutes for quarts.

And it is not dry canning. It's dry packing and then pressure canning. I've been thrown off sites for saying dry canning when I meant dry packing. LOL

No, I did not add butter. I figured that might make it more compliant with gov. regulations. Just garlic salt. PC'd for 40 minutes for quarts.

And it is not dry canning. It's dry packing and then pressure canning. I've been thrown off sites for saying dry canning when I meant dry packing. LOL
I have never heard of "dry packing and then pressure canning.". Apparently it is a thing on Youtube now. I'm not willing to branch out to that. I want long term and these I would think would be short term. I really do hope it works out well for you and your family.

I did look. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dry+packing+and+then+pressure+canning

Five half-pint jars of strawberry and 5 half-pints of raspberry plus one 4 oz of raspberry.
IMG_0480.jpeg

Latest posts

Back