What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4540.jpeg
IMG_4544.jpeg
IMG_4561.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4538.jpeg
    IMG_4538.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
@MoBookworm1957 that sounds a bit like shopping with my Mom. She's not quite as bad as she used to be because her back starts to hurt, but shopping with her used to be absolute hell. She didn't just go down every aisle, she'd go down some aiels 2 or more times. And she'd decide she didn't want something she put in her cart and send me to put it back. I'd make her promise to stay in that aisle so I could find her again and I swear she would run the moment I took my eyes off of her and she'd be on the opposite side of the store. The riding cart lets her shop for longer. My back will be killing me and we'll have frozen stuff defrosting in her cart but she'll want to keep rolling around looking at stuff. LOL.

Not doing much today. Started to choke on food again but took my brother's advice and forced some belching to help clear things. That helped. Already cooked for Mom a couple of times and got her some fruit.

Sipping coffee, that first cup he makes is a doozy.(sweet)
So now I'm sipping coffee I make.
Laundry is started.
His is in the dryer now.
Will be packing his kit up cause he has 6 hour drive ahead of him for work.
Yes, he's younger than me.
I start my new (old job) tomorrow.
Have to rearrange my desk area so I can at least start in an oraganized area.
He'll be back in 7 days.
Merging two lifestyles is fun.
Been getting used to the new lifestyle for both of us.
All relationships are give and take.
And if they're meant to last you adjust accordingly.
But we are enjoying this lifestyle together.
Will be doing meal prep today for menus for the month of August.
So I will be busy in the coming days while he's gone.
Going to go pick up more tomatoes, jalenpeno's for salsa, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce.
He did ask me to tone down the heat on the pickles, somewhat.
Opened up the normal level of hot for me. Whoops!
Got to go to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things.
His laundry is in the dryer.
Washed, dried, and put away one load of laundry so far.
Prepping vegetable for this month's (August) meal preps.
Scrambling up 10 pounds of deer burger, hamburger,pork sausage.
Bagging it up portions sized for recipes in food saver bags for the freezer for future meals.
Isn't life grand.
I am not complaining that he wants to buy me supplies or groceries.
But I am fully capable of buying groceries.
I just find it amusing that he goes a little extreme with his purchases.
Makes me wonder what he would come back with if I sent him to the store by himself?
All I asked him to buy was toilet paper.
And he forgot that little item.
No problem, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Sipping coffee, that first cup he makes is a doozy.(sweet)
So now I'm sipping coffee I make.
Laundry is started.
His is in the dryer now.
Will be packing his kit up cause he has 6 hour drive ahead of him for work.
Yes, he's younger than me.
I start my new (old job) tomorrow.
Have to rearrange my desk area so I can at least start in an oraganized area.
He'll be back in 7 days.
Merging two lifestyles is fun.
Been getting used to the new lifestyle for both of us.
All relationships are give and take.
And if they're meant to last you adjust accordingly.
But we are enjoying this lifestyle together.
Will be doing meal prep today for menus for the month of August.
So I will be busy in the coming days while he's gone.
Going to go pick up more tomatoes, jalenpeno's for salsa, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce.
He did ask me to tone down the heat on the pickles, somewhat.
Opened up the normal level of hot for me. Whoops!

Which comment? I got no idear 🧐
Never mind.

Off in lala land today. Didn’t sleep much last night. I did finally get my corn canned. The pup helped 🙄 and yes he’s asleep like that
IMG_7415.jpeg

Then worked in the yard because it was awful enough before he added his artistic skills to it 🤪. Quite a bit done. Didn’t get to weedeating/edging but when I do, it should look a lot better. Oh and in case I’ve not mentioned it, I despise crab grass.

... Oh and in case I’ve not mentioned it, I despise crab grass.
My experiments with this...

Natural Armor Weed and Grass Killer All-Natural Concentrated Formula. Contains No Glyphosate (128 OZ. Gallon Refill) https://a.co/d/02DNfCS

Is looking promising with crab grass.

The parts I sprayed heavily are dead and brown. It smells like extra strong vinegar.

Ben

My experiments with this...

Natural Armor Weed and Grass Killer All-Natural Concentrated Formula. Contains No Glyphosate (128 OZ. Gallon Refill) https://a.co/d/02DNfCS

Is looking promising with crab grass.

The parts I sprayed heavily are dead and brown. It smells like extra strong vinegar.

Ben
Thank you! I will try it. I pulled all I could and put plastic down and had two little holes to plant flowers hoping they would spread. Piled on the mulch. Crab grass choked the flowers and is all around the edges and up through the two holes and looks awful. I don’t like the toxic poisons but am just about there. Thank you for a nontoxic option.

The wife and I are sitting out on the back deck enjoying life. The dog just caught a mouse that was under some lumber that I had stacked up in the yard. He's been carrying it around playing with it. The high temps have been in the mid 70's, and chilly in the mornings.
The fire to the north of us is around 6,000 acres now and moving this way. It's still about 12 miles from here so we're not too worried. I guess a few people decided to evacuate.

Went to the Mennonite Hall tonight by the church and heard The Bontrager Family sing and play their instruments. Lots of friends and neighbors there, so visited a bit, too. Nice night out. They did gospel with harmonica, bass, acoustic, violin, and mandolin

The wife and I are sitting out on the back deck enjoying life. The dog just caught a mouse that was under some lumber that I had stacked up in the yard. He's been carrying it around playing with it. The high temps have been in the mid 70's, and chilly in the mornings.
The fire to the north of us is around 6,000 acres now and moving this way. It's still about 12 miles from here so we're not too worried. I guess a few people decided to evacuate.
Didn't you have a controlled burn last year?

Ben

Still taking nephew to work.
Got to pick more blueberries & plant some plants on farm.
Good news all the rain did not harm any potted plants & figs look great.
Looking at used cars, DW Honda is still running, but at 28 years it could stop anytime.

just spent half an hour trying to download photos from phone to computer but somehow it failed, I only got a few and it didn't download most. Not sure why and no more time now

Going to take care of animals, supposed to rain a lot today, so I better get started. Husband's knee still out of commission so son is going to help. Everyone is inside, except the sheep but going to put them in also at least for a few hours till the worst of the rain is done

yesterday we played some games, will probably do so again today even if we have other stuff to do like pull weeds but it's going to rain a lot so that can wait

Home today 😮, my Monday couple have company! A niece who came to visit and didn't go home yesterday, lol! So I'll be spraying vegetation killer this morning, doing laundry, hopefully some house cleaning, going outside now to feed, brush, and fly spray Buddy! Going to be a hot one (summer has finally arrived here)! Napping and pool time are top of the list this afternoon!!

Chores and housecleaning
Company coming tomorrow
And then Wednesday is husband's birthday, and he wanted a party for supper, so I invited maybe 25 or so to come eat and celebrate. No clue what I'm cooking yet, but it needs to be meat and not barbequed because it'll be 105 outside. Cleaning today, cooking tomorrow, and getting daughter from airport.

Doing a walking video this morning. Stomach not feeling real good-best not to be far away from home.
Thawing chicken and burger to cook out tomorrow.
Set up DH pills for the month.
Do 2 loads of laundry.
Take Bo to vet for ear meds.
Marinade chicken overnight.
Go with friend to a revival.
Longer day.

Home today 😮! So I’ll be doing laundry, hopefully some house cleaning! Going to be a hot one (summer has finally arrived here)! Napping top of the list this afternoon!!
Here’s what I agree with and I’d better get outside and mow before it gets too hot!! I’d get in the pool but I don’t have one.

just spent half an hour trying to download photos from phone to computer but somehow it failed, I only got a few and it didn't download most. Not sure why and no more time now

Going to take care of animals, supposed to rain a lot today, so I better get started. Husband's knee still out of commission so son is going to help. Everyone is inside, except the sheep but going to put them in also at least for a few hours till the worst of the rain is done

yesterday we played some games, will probably do so again today even if we have other stuff to do like pull weeds but it's going to rain a lot so that can wait

I had trouble with the I phone doing picture transfers and had to download Apple Devices to get them to DL easily.

Maybe that will help, it is hard to tell.

Latest posts

Back