What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you lived closer, I would probably borrow Subie.
He has trouble getting in and out of my Fiat.
It makes it challenging.
But I like Challenges.
then you need a Dodgey Challenger. LOL Subies aren't exceptionally roomy.
I don't even know what is going on, do you have two interests now? @MoBookworm1957 ??
Today was a yucky day. I was outside most of the day, like 8 hours. It was in the 90s. I am wiped out!

I'm now 100% fully recovered spent first part of this morning mowing the front lawn and driveway before hanging out washing and restringing my hf wire antenna up higher however I've found out that being it was a generic brand one I got off of Ali-express it will tx/rx on the 15 and 10 meter bands whilst allowing rx only on the others so I am gonna quote bushcomm Australia on price of one of their single long wire antennas while waiting for hyend over in denmark to get back to me regarding a wire antenna of theirs which is just over $100 as I need to know where the coaxial/pl259 connection screws onto it

then you need a Dodgey Challenger. LOL Subies aren't exceptionally roomy.
I don't even know what is going on, do you have two interests now? @MoBookworm1957 ??
Today was a yucky day. I was outside most of the day, like 8 hours. It was in the 90s. I am wiped out!
No Patch, I don't have two fellows.
The first fellow decided I wasn't what he wanted or needed in his life.
So I sent him to Texas and gave him several of nieces names and phone numbers, with their permission.
And I had decided before he decided it wasn't working for me either.
There was a sizeable age difference, and I know what I will put up with and what I won't put up with.
I don't think anybody ever told him no.
I told him, I wanted a "Man" not a childish boy.
I had raised my sons, I wasn't raising him too.
His parents were relieved that it ended, and frankly so was I.
But I am still friends with his parents.
And we still hang out.
As for the Irishman, he's a friend.
There is two types of friends:close and causal, then there is acquaintances.
He's causal friend.
Some of you all fall into the close category, other's fall into causal.
Irishman makes me giggle.

Good morning everyone.
It is a wonderful day so far.
No one woke me up at 0430 hours.
I'm up, dressed of sorts.
Bed linens are changed.
Laundry is started.
Have unexpected company come in.
Music is playing in the background.
Already rode the recumbent bike to loosen up my knees.
Coffee isn't military strong this morning.
And I already talked to the Irishman.
Will have to cook today sometime.
Life is good.

Three of us are getting together for three days. We've known each other since we were all seven years old and we are in our seventies. We're staying in a hotel on Lake Okoboji in Northern Iowa. Our three rooms are right on the lake. It's always a good time. We talk about the fires we lit, fights we got into and other cool things kids don't do today.

Chill kind of day - rearranging some stuff and going through papers and doing chores. As husband is home all day I'm able to pin him down ;) to make some plans for the winter, which trees to cut etc.
Busy kind of week ahead, I'm back teaching, so for the first time on certain days there will be no one at home. I'm a little nervous of this, as there were several huge robberies in a twenty mile radius of us this week and they cleared the places out.

Didn't sleep well, husband was up a whole lot, so I'll need a bit more caffeine today and a second wind. Farm stuff to do all day. Husband needs me to drive to the bigger town and pick up a prescription at some point today, and he wants chicken enchiladas made for supper. The other garden/animal household stuff will fit in around that.

Moving kind of slow this morning. For some reason I'm sore from head to toe. When it gets lite out I'll take the dog for a walk on the beach, that might help. After the wife wakes up we'll decide what we're going to do today. Not sure what to have for breakfast yet, we have some leftovers in the fridge from last night's dinner. Or I might order an omelet.

Today we do what we planned yesterday :). Lori and Star had a great trail ride yesterday.

I can't wait for my dinner at Rod's Capricorn Inn. If you want to drool and be envious: https://www.capricorninn.com/
OMG! I used to spend summers on a hobby farm in Wilmington OH. Wonderful memories. Taking care of the pigs, riding on the tractor, walking in the creek—all the things a child loves. Only bad memory was that one time in the basement—we were hiding from a tornado. Most frightening thing in my life.

Moving kind of slow this morning. For some reason I'm sore from head to toe. When it gets lite out I'll take the dog for a walk on the beach, that might help. After the wife wakes up we'll decide what we're going to do today. Not sure what to have for breakfast yet, we have some leftovers in the fridge from last night's dinner. Or I might order an omelet.
Try one from a Truck Stop...?!? 🥘 They don't Open before 11 AM @Capricorninn...!!! :(

@Mountain trapper you should get an omelet.
@dademoss glad to see there are still restaurants that serve the traditional club sandwich!
@Tommyice and @Lenny isn’t it fun to remember the things we did back then?
I don’t feel bad this morning, what a surprise. I’ll get ready for church in a bit. Next year we’ll switch to the early schedule as the other congregation will get the later schedule.
Not sure what I’m doing later. Planning for camping next weekend. Maybe it’ll rain now that I’ve mentioned camping.

@Mountain trapper you should get an omelet.
@dademoss glad to see there are still restaurants that serve the traditional club sandwich!
@Tommyice and @Lenny isn’t it fun to remember the things we did back then?
I don’t feel bad this morning, what a surprise. I’ll get ready for church in a bit. Next year we’ll switch to the early schedule as the other congregation will get the later schedule.
Not sure what I’m doing later. Planning for camping next weekend. Maybe it’ll rain now that I’ve mentioned camping.
Thunderstorms are predicted for Saturday!😮

I don't have any clue what I'm doing today. Already got up and had breakfast, now I am just sitting her pushing 1's and 0's through cyberspace. I may grab my suit and go for a swim or sit in the hot tub once the lady wakes up for the second time today. Being in a relationship is a lot like being the military, you spend a lot of time sitting around waiting to get orders and half the time the orders don't make a lot of sense. But you embrace it and drive on just the same.

"Hurry Up and Wait"...!!! ;)

Today..
I went to bed way too late so now I'm getting up too late.

I am tired today. Dispite having a ton of home stuff to do, I'm going to not do alot. I need a break.

Watched a video someone took of some areas inside the lava fire aftermath. It is close to 97,000 acres because it overtook the boulder fire. Alot of critters didn't make it out. Elk, deer, cows..even if they made it to roads that didn't burn they probably succumbed to the superheated air and smoke. Many in creek beds too..heartbreaking to see.
Teams of fire personnel are doing mop up still n fireline around areas still smoldering n have heat.

Need to make a dump run..

Get my lunches n work week stuff ready

A bit of laundry but otherwise work on a rug, catch up on a few podcasts since I didn't get time to yesterday..

Chill..

Back