What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ease of obtaining medical is an often overlooked factor in or choice of residence.

So happy to hear you are through it and feeling better.
That's very true Tommy being located smack bang in the middle with short drives to a hospital is convenient all 3 towns have ambulance stations as well but that's only for actual emergencies, so 9 times out of 10 self admission to A&E is more feasible

Egg Nog would bee Good there also...?!?

Recovering...wonderful night out last night, actually got to do a bit of headbanging 😂 The show was a look back of Iirsh rock, so alot of Thin Lizzy, U2 etc
Daughter moved out today- she had a few tears- she is a homebird at heart- not because she'll miss us, but the cats I think lol but she has a social life well lined up, so fingers crossed they all get along.
I'm trying to find places for the boxes of books and clothes she can't take; I genuinely have no idea how he fitted everything in to her tiny room and it remain relatively neat.
And TAH DAH- got a first class honours in MA Modern Literature; I'm very happy.

Recovering...wonderful night out last night, actually got to do a bit of headbanging 😂 The show was a look back of Iirsh rock, so alot of Thin Lizzy, U2 etc
Daughter moved out today- she had a few tears- she is a homebird at heart- not because she'll miss us, but the cats I think lol but she has a social life well lined up, so fingers crossed they all get along.
I'm trying to find places for the boxes of books and clothes she can't take; I genuinely have no idea how he fitted everything in to her tiny room and it remain relatively neat.

Congratulations! Good job.

Hubby and the youngest headed out earlier for a guys church retreat thing for the day. The oldest and I need to get some raspberries made into fruit leather and probably put up some cowboy candy (sweet pickled peppers). I’m supposed to help dad with some projects at grandmas house today, so I probably should get busy soon. Coffee first though.

Been taking care of Rupert and dealing with digestive issues from change in my meds. He's starting to do better, but still won't eat on his own.
We've also started implementing a policy of keeping the cats off of the main counter we use for food prep. They aren't taking to it well and keep jumping up there. Not sure if they will ever fully get the idea and stay off of it. Eventually we want to keep them off of more of the counters except the one that has the water for them.

I was up all night after Rupert started trying to walk around so I need to get a nap.

The wife is still in the shower. Why does it take so long for women to shower? Me, I'm in and out in 3 mins. Already walked the dog and got my stuff packed for the road trip.
They bee like English Muffins, Crunchy crust on the outside. Scrumptiousness on the inside. Delectable with every bite. Nothing surpasses the original Nooks & Crannies 🤣

So much for the lady of leisure. A friend of my father stayed at the cabin for a week fishing and visiting with his brother who lives up there dropped the key off this morning. Also dropped a 25# box of paste tomatoes he got from my brother’s Amish friend. Guess I’m making and canning sauce this weekend.

Not being able get to the cabin in the last month, I thought I would have to buy sauce. The horror!

Nice and sunny blue sky and cool 61f right now and breezy
I will mow Dane Girl yard as soon as the grass to dry up

This morning Dane girl was a real guard dog LOL
she was staring at the woods direction and growls so loud
then did bark very loud too ...she did stop when I told her :
*OK anough!!* Same voice than Dane Girl

Lucky you ... when my 2 pups start barking in unison it takes many attempts to shut them up!!

They feed off each other ... one will bark and the other will copy before they even know what the other was barking at!!!!!

I did train Dane girl when she was a puppy to shut up when I say *OK Anough!!*
As soon she was stopping I did reward her with a little piece of peanut butter biscuit LOL
Then if I tell her * WHATS THAT GO CHECK* she does start over again even louder

I always give her a big hug and tell her *Oh that is a good girl!*
with a praising voice ☺️

I did train Dane girl when she was a puppy to shut up when I say *OK Anough!!*
As soon she was stopping I did reward her with a little piece of peanut butter biscuit LOL
Then if I tell her * WHATS THAT GO CHECK* she does start over again even louder

I always give her a big hug and tell her *Oh that is a good girl!*
with a praising voice ☺️
You know the training ... *Ok Anough ...Sit ...Reward
When a dog is 190 lbs - 36 inches at shoulder ..
you have to be in control of your dog

And barking for no very good reason is a -- no no

I would get her back if something like somebody try to do harm to her
I will defend her ....like BANG

Making the sauce today. Will can up tomorrow.

IMG_2926.jpeg

IMG_2927.jpeg

Nothing like Jersey Girl sauce!!😃🥰
Made with 1000 Island tomatoes. House smells wonderful but, of course, since I’m cooking and canning it’s 85* outside.

That grinder I got at Lidl’s was the best $50 I spent. I used to use an old hand cranked one my grandmother had purchased for me (to make jellies), but that was getting tough with all the tomatoes I was doing. I still have but only use it for small stuff or grapes and berries.

Congratulations

I am doing some serious thinking.
Yes, I know this could get me into trouble.
But I will call Lady Locust,Pearl, Hooch, Amish Heart and the rest of the ladies on here to back me up.
Not I would need much back up.
Might even call elkhound, d_marsh, caribou, hashbrown, Backpacker,and a few others for back up.
But I am thinking I really need to get involved with a male who at least lives in the same time zone as me.
International times zones, East Coast time zones plays heck with my sleep patterns.
You're brave enough to call me at 0430 hours my time which is Central time zone.
Sarcasm is pretty much what you get at 0430 hours.
But I do love talking to that Irishman in Ireland.
And I don't talk funny, but he does somewhat.
My coffee this morning is Military strong.

Last edited:
But I will call Lady Locust,Pearl, Hooch, Amish Heart and the rest of the ladies on here to back me up.
Might even call elkhound, d_marsh, caribou, hashbrown, Backpacker,and a few others for back up.
But I am thinking I really need to get involved with a male who at least lives in the same time zone as me.
International times zones, East Coast time zones plays heck with my sleep patterns.
You're brave enough to call me at 0430 hours my time which is Central time zone.
The closer the better!!

Nevermind, I worked with time zones differences before.
And I do enjoy talking to him.
Sarcasm is pretty much what you get anyway, but definately at 0430 hours.
And he will be Stateside again in a few weeks.
He'll be in New Jersey for a period of time.

Latest posts

Back