What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I provide the.. all that is ..at least some entertaining value..I keep thinking maybe that's why I'm still here..well part of it. I'm sure I have a better reason like my souls mission..but no reason why I can't be fun in the process right..
Balance..it is key..
The thought just came to me that way the universe gets even is when a black hole sucks up a sun.
🤔

Karma probably saves a few suns. I like to think it’s worked for me. But I keep my fingers crossed.

Glad you're feeling better, Robert.
Our pup is feeling better. He had some egg, homemade bread, some beef, and bone broth. Little bits, but acting better. I think it was the squirrel he finished off after the cats gutted it.
Glad you're home, Bacpacker. Elk...didn't know you do naked twerking in the garden...wouldn't go over with the Menno ladies, sorry. Straighten up right now.
Hope all is well tonight for you, Zannej.
Started back on the dang steriods for the arthritis leg pain, but maybe I'll sleep tonight. It was sure a bear getting husband to Wichita for an appt today. I really hate Wichita. Got an early morning appt scheduled with the chiropractor for Thursday.
Thanks for that Amish Heart well the sore throat fever/raspiness peaked and broke late Wednesday night/very early yesterday morning

the berry flavoured betadine throat lozenges I got from Coles yesterday during a quick shop there really did a number on the soreness even though its anesthetic properties more numbed my tounge instead of the throat I've seen significant improvement in my voice today albeit still having a lil bit of lingering hoarseness

Thanks for that Amish Heart well the sore throat fever/raspiness peaked and broke late Wednesday night/very early yesterday morning

the berry flavoured betadine throat lozenges I got from Coles yesterday during a quick shop there really did a number on the soreness even though its anesthetic properties more numbed my tounge instead of the throat I've seen significant improvement in my voice today albeit still having a lil bit of lingering hoarseness
Glad you are doing better!! No rush, one day at a time!! Keep us posted!!

Today is the day my final marks are released for my Masters...I tell myself its fine, I've passed, but I guess (on the basis I slept badly) that I really, really want that honours mark!
Shallow of me, but there you go!
Talked husband into working from home today, he looks wrecked. Later taking daughter to pick up a few bits for her new home, and son to optician, then dinner and two hours to visit Dad. One of husbands childhood guitar heroes is playing in a hotel nearby so I got him surprise tickets, it will be a late night. Decided as daughter was moving it was an oppertunity to have a clear out- which I did ealrier this summer, but this time I was more ruthless. Box ready for the charity store, some clothes up on Depop, and stuff to the recycling centre. Feeling all " feng shui'd" 😂 😂

Glad you are doing better!! No rush, one day at a time!! Keep us posted!!
Thanks for that Pearl my voice is 99.6% back to normal I've continued taking the betadine lozenges it's amazing how far a simple wound/scratch ointment has progressed to becoming a sore throat medication

Got up, worked out, drank some protein, made some coffee, grabbed my laptop and am taking in the cool mountain air while I still can. The weather ap show a chance of rain in the icon but then below it says 0% precipitation for the day, so I see the digital weatherman isn't any better or smarter than a human meteorologist.

On here a little late this morning! Been outside getting a few things done, beautiful morning! My job today got pushed to tomorrow, so I am home!! Heading back outside shortly to clean the inside of my truck! It's a cleaning supply nightmare!! After that I'm doing some house cleaning! Taking a little Internet break right now!😃

Changing the time after many quick outages while the Utilities Play Games with it's Customers that don't have problems...!!! :facepalm:

Took the dog for a walk, the fourth time since midnight. The sea lions and driving him nuts. This hotel was built in an old salmon cannery pier. So there's water under the hotel and the sea lions like hanging out there. I don't blame the dog, I don't like them either.
Other than that it looks like a beautiful morning.
How did you make out with the Jeep?

Home from daughter's surgery.
Praying for a quick and complete recovery!
at least 3 more weeks of IV antibiotics
I'm sorry about that! I hope he improves quickly!

Already walked.
Will go to City Hall to pay reduced water bill because of leak.
Work at cafe for 3 hours.
Dispensary for gummies.
Label and put away the green beans canned yesterday.
Finally cut up that watermelon!

All of the wheel studs on the right front tiredwere sheared off but one. Had it towed to a tire shop for repair. The whole ordeal only took about 5 hours. It was a good thing we stopped when we did, otherwise it would have been a serious accident.
I'm still catching up on last night's posts! Glad y'all are safe! Have fun!!

Been exercising, just finished BD.
Walked a mile so far.
Rode the recumbent bike for 15 minutes too.
Pulled up the last of the garden.
Dug some old clothes out of the back of the closet to see if they still fit.
Got little black leather skirt that should fit in about 6 weeks just in time for the holidays.
This Libra/ Scorpio has set some goals.
I do believe that I can be tad bit orney.
We shall see.

Last edited:
Thank you. She is a very active person and will be laid up for a while. The emotional aspect of it is as hard as the physical part.
You are right about that Weedy. I got my brakes locked down on me a month ago. Still trying to adjust to this. I expected things to slow down when I retired, but this has almost stopped everthing.

Latest posts

Back