What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up, worked out, went for a hike, did some chores, listed the scooter for sale, ordered a gun online, took a shower, got dressed and decided I had done enough for the day. For now. Next up is to put on nicer clothes, go to an apartment viewing, a walk through of a storage unit and a date with a lady who can somehow read me like a book even though I am supposed to be an international man of mystery.

It rained a bit this morning ... was dark and gray out. Sun came out for awhile, now back in.

Just spent 90 minutes making pup food. It's a ritual now. This time I made chicken & pork, brown rice, mixed veggies (pureed), pumpkin, chicken broth.

It's human grade all the way, but before we give it to the pups, we mix it with Nutro Ultra dry dog food as well.

So all set for a week.

Got up, worked out, went for a hike, did some chores, listed the scooter for sale, ordered a gun online, took a shower, got dressed and decided I had done enough for the day. For now. Next up is to put on nicer clothes, go to an apartment viewing, a walk through of a storage unit and a date with a lady who can somehow read me like a book even though I am supposed to be an international man of mystery.
Looks like the "international man of mystery" has been tamed!

Looks like the "international man of mystery" has been tamed!

I might have to get one of those veteran's hats:
hoochie.jpg

Ha Ha. I used to tell our sons not to look at Hoochie Mamas. They are bad.
Busy day. Animal chores, got husband to his doc appt, then to Walmart...picked up RX's and a few fresh things. Back home for lunch, then took pup to the vet. We had to stay in the truck with him till the parvo test came back negative (a swab to the butt). He also had a slight temp (a thermometer stuck up his butt). He is very tired of butt things right now. No parvo, he's had all his shots, but it's still possible. He has a stomach ache, and slight temp, so antibiotics, a stomach coater liquid, and an anti nausea tab. That dead squirrel that the barn cats took down and gutted, the one I saw the pup run off with, was probably the culprit. He did eat a hamburger patty this morning, and has been drinking water, so he's not too bad off right now.
So busy day. Tomorrow will be even worse busy. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

You might have been a "International man of Mystery". but I think your wings got clipped when you weren't looking.

Quiet morning, trip to town this afternoon. Took dad to the doc, picked up some groceries, uneventful. Made a nice supper then went out to batten down the hatches. Several buckets and assorted on the porch. Brought most inside, filled up a few with water, easiest way to keep them from becoming airborne. Moved porch plants to the edge against the hedges. Went up and closed the bay doors on the shop. The winds will be from the east and the shop doors face east. Was tempted to leave the doors open and let the wind clean out the dust and loose trash. Might lose something important so closed won out. Only took a few minutes, old hand at hurricanes.

edit... went back out and raised the shop bay doors a couple ft, maybe get rid of some dust. 😁

Last edited:
Lots of running around to prepare for daughter's foot surgery tomorrow. This is not the first day of being on a mission for her while she is working her day job, house sitting, and working with her app group almost every evening. Knee scooter, walking crutch, over the counter meds, food for her week of pretty much staying in.

Wednesday Sept 11th 2024

Today I was really but really feeling
to go nowhere and see nobody but to stay home

At 9.40 pm 51f everything quiet in the house
Very dark outside 😊

Cats are sleeping Dane girl is sleeping and snoring 💤

Tomorrow I will go to small town get few things
from grocery store and to hardware store
I will stop to gas station too then back home

Supposed to be about 55f to 60 f tomorrow 🙂

I will stay up for a little while and see my bed and blanket
when I will start to feel like a zombie 🤣🥱

Have a great evening and night ;)

Went to Walmart to grab some stuff for Rupert. Will have to be giving him food and water with a syringe (no needle). I needed larger one to fit food. I'm hoping I can get him interested in food. Will be giving him unflavored pedialyte as well. He was crying when I got home so I'm holding him right now. He tried to get up to walk somewhere-- don't know where he wanted to go since he spins in circles and falls down.

Went to Walmart to grab some stuff for Rupert. Will have to be giving him food and water with a syringe (no needle). I needed larger one to fit food. I'm hoping I can get him interested in food. Will be giving him unflavored pedialyte as well. He was crying when I got home so I'm holding him right now. He tried to get up to walk somewhere-- don't know where he wanted to go since he spins in circles and falls down.
Get a 60 cc flushing syringe and cut the end off where appropriate in order to let the food through. Good luck with him dear 🐈

decided we are doing the market this week after all, since it is now supposed to rain all week next week. We'll see if we get any of the leftover hurricane here. I hope we do, it needs to rain. This is the driest year we have had here so far
So today making dough, cutting up the last of the good apples for more pies, plus I have decided to make Chinese dumplings which take a few hours to put together . I have nice cabbages in the garden to put in them along with ground pork

I must of been in a deep sleep because I think I pushed every button on the alarm clock and messed it up for good. Ha.
Too busy of a day today, it'll be a takeout night for sure. I have chiropractor in a couple of hrs in town here, she only comes in for the amish half day Thursday, and borrows someone's out building for the morning. Need to get at least an hr plus of animal chores done and get husband fed and dressed. He has a late morning in the bigger town to eliminate the scar tissue behind his retina on one eye, been a problem since cataract surgery. Then early afternoon in the bigger town, we see the infectious disease doc for his exam and check the picc line. But I need this coffee first.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KingShop...Trav/384479127?classType=VARIANT&from=/search

1726141538703.png

Will walk in a few minutes.
Then take DH to the town 40 miles away for hearing aid appt.
Stop at a medical items store to buy more oxygen hoses (cat) and nebulizer cups. DH thinks if he has enough cups for when I am gone, then he won't need respite to come in. I would set them up ahead.
Cut up watermelon.

Will walk in a few minutes.
Then take DH to the town 40 miles away for hearing aid appt.
Stop at a medical items store to buy more oxygen hoses (cat) and nebulizer cups. DH thinks if he has enough cups for when I am gone, then he won't need respite to come in. I would set them up ahead.
Cut up watermelon.
Bad kitty! 😼 Kinda hard to wrap oxygen hoses in foil or something!

In the waiting room of ambulatory surgery at the hospital. They just took Dad in. They asked if he needed me to go with him to help him get undressed. Oh boy was he not happy. He’s a big boy and picks out his own clothes. They need to hire someone with a sense of humor around here. Didn’t like it when I referred to the screen showing the progress on all the procedures as the flight departure and arrival board. There are no names only numbers. I didn’t know Dad’s number.

Sorry but you all are going to have to wait with me.

Got last dose of worming meds to all of the kitties last night. Brother had to help. They were not happy but they forgave me afterward and wanted food. Bro cooked steak for Mom (per her request) and I cut it up for her. She can cut her own steak but she likes it when I do it for her and cut the fat off and push it to the side.
Get a 60 cc flushing syringe and cut the end off where appropriate in order to let the food through. Good luck with him dear 🐈
Not sure what size one I got but it was able to suck up the pedialyte, water, and the Lil Shakes puree stuff for cats. Thank you.
Thank you! That looks neat. The puree I got seems to go into the syringe well. I think the packet I opened may have been a bad batch or spoiled but I didn't realize until after. It smelled pretty bad and the previous ones I'd given in the past didn't smell like that. I may try something like that with pate. Years ago I mixed pate with water and used a syringe to give to two of my cats (at different times).

I should have gotten a bib for Rupert. I made sure to roll him over to different positions a few times last night so he wouldn't get sore on one side. He woke me up at 6am crying out. Not sure what he wanted or if he was in pain. I helped him move a little, petted him, gave him pedialyte, and then tucked him in again. He started to feel too warm and began sort of whimpering so I picked him up and held him. Moved his legs around because they felt tense and he started purring. He's currently sleeping sort of next to me with his paws on me and head in the crook of my arm with his tongue hanging out. But it's time for his meds now. I want to see if I can interest him in food but he doesn't even want to open his eyes.

In the waiting room of ambulatory surgery at the hospital. They just took Dad in. They asked if he needed me to go with him to help him get undressed. Oh boy was he not happy. He’s a big boy and picks out his own clothes. They need to hire someone with a sense of humor around here. Didn’t like it when I referred to the screen showing the progress on all the procedures as the flight departure and arrival board. There are no names only numbers. I didn’t know Dad’s number.

Sorry but you all are going to have to wait with me.
we are here waiting too !

Bad kitty! 😼 Kinda hard to wrap oxygen hoses in foil or something!
Cut a smaller and old water hose and slide the 0xygen hoses thru...!!!

Music is on loudly.
Recumbent bike has been utilized this morning.
BD has happened in the last 15 minutes.
Slept pretty good last night for the first time in a while.
Dibs and dabs for lunch and supper.
These are otherwise known as leftovers.
Will walk in a bit, weather is cloudy.
Might make sour dough bread for the weekend.
Need to make some noodles for use and freezers.
Puttering.

Latest posts

Back